Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tae Seong Kim

Air Buster Issues

I have been trying to do some serious combos with the Airbuster, but what I can't figure out is how to control the direction when landing one. Sometimes he moves forward, backwards, or stays neutral. I want him to do a forward movement, but he goes away from the corner to the middle of the stage and I can't combo further. What determines this?

I'm not a 100% but he moves forward if I end my motion backwards before the air buster. Though I find it very difficult when TK it with the backwards motion. The easy way I checked it was after 5D, j.K Air Buster, just to check out where Pot landed. Each time I ended Air Buster "jump backwards" I ended up almost in the corner everytime.. I'm sure other one's here have better answers then me:P But I just tried out different movements in practice mode after 5D as I mentioned earlier. According to me, backwards jump air buster will bring pot forward:P

He flies in the opposite direction you jumped, so if you jumped backwards he will travel forwards when he does it. When TKing it (from neutral or jump cancel), it becomes more difficult because you can change the direction of your jump while in the startup of your jump, so if you do 632147896D you will most likely get a forward jump. Typically I input them as either 9632146D or 7 5 632146D or 632147 5 6D, that helps avoid jumping in the wrong direction. The input for APB is actually quite finicky so you need to make sure you get the input very accurate.

I still have trouble landing air buster :v: Besides the extra tension use, are there any disadvantages to using Heavenly Potemkin Buster in a combo over Aerial Potemkin Buster?

APB is much better at burst baiting (you can block while jumping), better as a corner combo (since you can continue it easier) and overall will do more damage in the right circumstances. HPB can combo off stuff you cant continue with APB and is an ok anti-air (just being fast is its only use, without burst lots of people will be dead in the water).

I figured out how to TK the APB. I haven't tried it in combat, but I figuring out the physics and hit box of it. I think if timed right it has the same property of Heat K. Has anyone else discovered this? And if so could you let me know its properties? I think is has potential. ^_^

Nah it's not quite the same as Heat. Heat is one of those really weird grab-attack moves which are really just unblockable attacks (same with HPB, Anji's On, Dizzy's Necro grab, probably some others I forgot). Those are special because you can setup for unblockables with them. APB I'm pretty sure is just an air command throw that can be comboed into, kind of like ABA's air key grab thing. That means you can't force people to get hit by it by doing something like j.P APB vs air. I think TK APB is actually a bit faster than Heat too, which makes it extra useful.

Heat is not FDable, only Slashback can "block" it, which is a bug anyway. APB is FDable and SBable. So if they're dumb you can do j.P APB vs. air and it'll work, but not if they are FDing. APB is also RCable if they FD it, and it's burstable right when it hits (though you get the damage anyway). TK APB is much faster than Heat, witness all the times when it will combo off a 5s but Heat (or even 2H) is too slow to combo.

Would you all advise against learning the TK APB? I want to learn it but if competitively it doesn't pan out I really don't want to devote alot of time to mastering it, or is it a preference thing? ^_^ Thanx

- Slidehead, jump towards, 5s 5s TK APB, if you get it to move fwd and end up in the corner then 5s 2h Heat. This is very useful in matches, you do major damage off a Slidehead for only 25%. Once you're comfortable with that, go on to.... - vs. Faust in corner, PB FRC [5s APB] x3. Then... - vs. May, Sol, Axl, etc in corner, PB FRC 5s APB [5s 5s APB]x2. Once you can do those you should be pretty comfortable with the motion, so go on to learning 2h HF/Break TK APB for use in combos.

I'm a new guy trying to get better and I don't know what you mean by "TK". I've been looking through the guide page and other thread to see what it means but I couldn't find it. Please help.

basically, itsputting in the command for a special move while on the gorund, then adding a jump button, then pressing the button to use it. good example is Anji's Orb. to TK orb, you'd input 2147P in that order its a little complicated with Buster input, but an effective way is 632147896D

basically, itsputting in the command for a special move while on the gorund, then adding a jump button, then pressing the button to use it.

good example is Anji's Orb. to TK orb, you'd input 2147P in that order

its a little complicated with Buster input, but an effective way is 632147896D

A more noob friendly motion is to do a 360 motion starting and ending wit 6.

You can use that to get the hang of some apb combo's.

also

A lil easier to do than starting off wit the true motions.

A more noob friendly motion is to do a 360 motion starting and ending wit 6.

I've been trying to do this actually. Not too bad, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it in combos too well.

Because it's not a normal throw I guess, to be faultless blockable and comboable into, the actual grabbing part of the throw counts as a hit before the damaging buster hit. It really makes sense in the context of it's other properties, but is still a little bit of a bummer. So in short, kinda the same reason heat is 4 hits and does 3 hits of damage.