Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum vs. Taokaka

what's that? anti-air's aren't working? mami! discuss how to catch that crazy cat out of the air.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Strategy:

Item Strategy:

Char specific details:

Other details:

Probably will be fighting this matchup sometime in the near future. I've never fought Tao before. (With anyone...) so any matchup advice would be much appreciated!

Try and keep her still. If she's all over the place, she's not going to be hit as easily (obv.)

D~A (stop) is +2 on Block

D~C (jump) is +5 on Block

^Wait these out, or if you're feeling a little gutsy, you can 6A out of the C cancel.

If tao is being stupid and is spamming D moves, just throw out some bubbles.

Wait her combos out if the tao knows what they're doing. They're not that damaging but they look flashy, which will often cause you to burst during a j.8d~a loop. Don't fall for the rape.

Also, Taokaka has no reversals without meter. Rush her down, and be careful for Hexa Edge. (236236D)

That's all I know...

If you see her 214d J.C crossup coming you can easily 2c reaction time it. Like the above poster said, she only get bid damge of things like jump C or 5c hit confirms, otherwise its probably gonna be something like hit confirm 236aaa into some kind of mixup/pressure reset. Also notice her mixups aren't as scary as they look. Her only standing overhead is her 6b, which is only able to combo into 236236d

Yeah, her pressure is fast and looks flashy but it's not frightening..just....fast. A little hard to follow so you gotta watch real close to what she's doing.

Anyways, I had a quite a few matches with Mystic D the other evening. This feels like a very very tough matchup for Platinum. The bat is your "get the hell off of me damn cat" button, but use with caution. The kitty hammer can be good for smacking her out of the air but it's really slow. Normal hammer can also smack her out of the air and get you a nice counter hit combo if she tries using her drive to charge at you. There just isn't really too much Plat can do against her though. All I can say is CA useful, don't be afraid to push buttons against her, and try not to stay blocking for too long. She'll just keep her endlessly fast pressure on you, and eventually she'll try to throw you. You wanna zone her out, and try to keep her out of the air until you can get momentum, then rush her down and start pressure. Try to get her into the corner and KEEP HER THERE.

This matchup is kinda annoying, but not hopeless. If you can manage get her stuck in your pressure, especially if she's trapped in the corner, things can go in Plats favor. But you gotta catch the cat first, and thats easier said than done. x_X;;

Can anyone give me a block string that taokaka uses often that I can put in practice mode to figure out how to get out of it? I dont play her at all but I have played some good ones and see exactly what you are talking about just want something visual.

Getting information of this matchup would be useful to know. I fought a Platinum from Israel. 2C CH all day -_- From what I can tell, Tao's only has to bait primarily for this matchup. Her 5A/6B is +1 on block so its fairly annoying to get out of. Jump cancel Frying pan I think comes out on frame 16 or 20. Not sure. Throwing items is generally a good idea till you get either frying pan or hammer since it limits Taos movement. Since I'm mainly basing this off of a Platinum that I fought from Israel, She ends her block strings in + frames so theres nothing I can do about it. Any insight on this Platinum players?

Bat ... playing a decent Tao last week, if i ever get caught on her pressure without Bat/heat ... feels like i'm dead already. and i do random Mami to caught her out of drive :vbang:

2C beats anything she does in the air if she flies into it.

IB Tao's drive if you want to beat out her next move.

And prepare to block when she gets in.

You really don't want her to get in...also 5A isn't too helpful in this match in my experience.