Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrionXElite

[CS2] NEW Valkenhayn Video Posting Thread!

Fixed it, something just messed up with the redirecting address and it would give you http// instead of http:// so I just redid the hyperlink and copied the names back in, works fine now :)

For one: The Vs DBlanks doesn't seem to be Valk related.

Don't be afraid to leave the ground as wolf. You're Valk, you get paid to fly around the screen like a jackass and piss off the other guy. Your opponent isn't going to be all too happy to jump themselves considering how strong [w]5B is, and it's not exactly like you can block or get better pokes as wolf anyways.

Late Edit: Don't forget about CAs either. Reversal Sturm is cool, but like in the Ragna match, it's easier to react to/bait than CAs and can lead into you getting hurt if they do block it.

Sorry I've edited the link.

You're right and thanks, I should really abuse the air more often.

Some players I've played have actually baited my CA or have even used something like a 3C to get under it which become a pain, so I got accustomed to trying to IB - reversal. I should work on reaction rather than anticipation though, especially with my throws.

Thanks!

iizaka ( Platinum ) VS shi ^ za ^ ( Valkenhayn )

tomizawa ( Ragna ) VS shino ( Valkenhayn )

iizaka ( Platinum ) VS shino ( Valkenhayn )

Guys will you be so kind as to criticise my Valk and give me tips please? I know at points I could've optimiszed my damage and I also know I was dropping a few things. Anything else?

Vs AngelDarksong

Vs Utsuuho Okuu

Vs DBlanks

I only really noticed a few issues you could work on. And they're fairly simple issues to fix honestly:

1) I noticed you were trying to do the combo variant that uses 3 Beast Cannons after j.214B. You dropped it every time you tried it and I know why. You to put a slight delay between the jump cancel and the j.214B because this lets them fall a bit lower when you hit them and adjusts the height accordingly to let the [W]j.236A hit instead of whiff like it was.

2) You need to be in the air more with Wolf Form, fly around like an idiot, use lots of Beast Cannons with C-Dash cancels to maneuver and use a lot more Eisen Cannons as those are about +5 or so on block so it gives everyone a hard time.

3) More [W]5B AA. Against that Makoto, I noticed you started to not use it as much cause it kept clashing with j.2C. You can always OS on clash for stuff like this. 5B>5B in this case would be your OS. If it hits, whiffs or gets blocked, the 2nd one never comes out. If it clashes, the 2nd one comes out and hits them. And on CH, theres more than enough time to confirm it into a j.A and go from there if you need to.

I only really noticed a few issues you could work on. And they're fairly simple issues to fix honestly:

1) I noticed you were trying to do the combo variant that uses 3 Beast Cannons after j.214B. You dropped it every time you tried it and I know why. You to put a slight delay between the jump cancel and the j.214B because this lets them fall a bit lower when you hit them and adjusts the height accordingly to let the [W]j.236A hit instead of whiff like it was.

I too noticed that. I just need to relax with that input. I used to get nervous doing it because I always felt I'll fail, and this led me to just rushing the input. This has been quickly remedied though.

2) You need to be in the air more with Wolf Form, fly around like an idiot, use lots of Beast Cannons with C-Dash cancels to maneuver and use a lot more Eisen Cannons as those are about +5 or so on block so it gives everyone a hard time.

This is something I definately to work on. It's my main criticism and I agree with you. I guess I'm not used to being crazy with Valk just yet, and it's not really forte, but I'll work on it! Ha. I always really wondered why players manouvered so crazily in the air. Now I have a reason to back up why I do it.

3) More [W]5B AA. Against that Makoto, I noticed you started to not use it as much cause it kept clashing with j.2C. You can always OS on clash for stuff like this. 5B>5B in this case would be your OS. If it hits, whiffs or gets blocked, the 2nd one never comes out. If it clashes, the 2nd one comes out and hits them. And on CH, theres more than enough time to confirm it into a j.A and go from there if you need to.

I actually forgot about that. I'm also not sure when to try to AA Makoto's J2C because I got mixed outcomes from trying it at different heights. I will remember that though, or more like I will need to remember it. :v:

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your input and will be sure to put it to good use.

Ok so as I've been busy with school and life stuff the past few weeks, I'll take some time and find vids from the past couple weeks as I recall there being quite a few but never got around to posting them and I will update the front page tomorrow evening. So there will be a good number of videos being added :3

OK so I have finished updating all the videos that have been uploaded in the past month. There are literally new matches in ALL the sections except for the Valk Mirror section cause no one likes Valk mirrors :3

So look around and see what you discover, there are quite a few good groups of uploads that were added so have fun :D

Me vs Hexanoid Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I personally believe I played better this time around.

There are still stuff I need to work on such as getting CH [w] 236B into [h] 2C and hitconfirming CH [h] J.C into 6B if they're out of 2C range (you see ALOT of whiffed 2Cs).

I need to use 4C instead of 5C during air combos too since I just learned that it uses less meter.

Everytime you see me go wolf during a blockstring it's usually because Sturm wolf didn't come out. I need to work on that execution wise and my execution when it comes to wolf air combos into [h] 2C since sometimes [w] 2C comes out and I just end up wasting meter.

As always I open to any critique you guys may have.

There are ones of me playing against Makoto too but the sound is :v:

Watched a bit, nice Valk, but yeah, a lot of missed combos sadly. :( I'd point out also a lack of hitconfirming some stuff, but hey, it was online...

Hope to fight against you sometimes online if we have good connection again, maybe we can learn each other some good stuff. :)

I almost always play Valk now, but my Tager need to learn the match up too so we won't do mirros only :psyduck:

If I'm not too lazy I'll put some vids on my YT channel too, my latests vids are from CS1...

I actually learnt a few things from your Valk, and fortunately, these matches were not online.

Looking forward to it.

NickExtremeOne ( Valkenhayn ) vs zeth07 ( Bang ) - FT5

Any advice would be nice. I tech weird :(

I would look a bit further in this myself, but I am studying for exams and won't be home until late. :/

You were doing too much stay-on-the-ground-and-strafe in wolf, rather than flying around like a jackass and forcing him to use up nails in order to get to you. It's not like you get better pokes or can even block in wolf, so get to abusing that mobility.

In combos, namely after [w]j.236A > j.236B and the like, use 4C instead 5/6C if possible. Turns out it uses less wolf meter.

You seem to be a bit impatient on wake up and when under pressure. In the very first round of the second match, you immediately went from full health into the red without blocking any of his oki. Don't be afraid to cool your heels and block until you find an opening to escape/hit back.

Use the barrier/tech OS (1/4+A+B+C) if you think they're going to grab you, since it doesn't leave you open to get counterhit.

Use ... > [w]5B > j.B > 3C > j.A > land 5D > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > 2C > sj.B > j.214B > 5/6D > j.236B > 7C > j.B > dj.B > dj.C when hitconfirming in wolf in or close to the corner. It lets you get in damage even when you're low on wolf meter, and it gets more damage/meter gain than the regular combo anyways.

Mix it up a little more after 6B, you seemed to exclusively do 2B > 5C afterwards. Don't be afraid to mix in wolf cancel > j.A for an overhead and going straight into 5C/3C to make it airtight.

=========================================================

That's really all I could see. Nice matches, it's always good to see another Valk.

I would look a bit further in this myself, but I am studying for exams and won't be home until late. :/

You throw meaty 2C with the intent to always go into 6B afterwards. Zeth was killing you for this with wake up 6D. You should try getting used to hit confirming 2C into 3C as its easier to confirm compared to 6B and be ready to jump cancel 2C if Bang does a Guardpoint. Thats matchup specific though, against characters with actual reversals, you need to be careful cause 2C>6B isn't a true blockstring so they can either DP the 2C or wait to see if you throw the 2C, block it and then DP you out of 3C. You could've also tried 2C>j.C>RC>j.C and it combos automatically and gets you away from Bang most of the time.

Also when you're in Wolf Form, you pretty much only use 5B as your option against aerial opponents. Try chasing them down with [W]j.A as its really fast, easy as hell to confirm and has a great hitbox. Be more cautious of your Wolf Meter too. There were a couple cases where you did [W]j.236A>j.236B>5C>j.B>j.B and you had like a tiny pixel of Wolf Form left or you ran out on the way down and dropped the combo for it. When you're running low on Wolf Meter, just end the combo early with [W]j.236A>j.236B>j.214A and reset them from there. Or use the trick Jais found a long time ago and do a Purple Command Grab as it stops all Wolf Meter use and if they break it, you go back to Human Form for free and if they don't break it, its a free 1500 Damage and all your Wolf Meter back.

I noticed you tried a meaty 6B once or twice, you should try and space it so you aren't right next to them when it hits as it makes you really easy to DP. When you space it right, getting DP'ed by most of the cast won't get them much cause they are too far away. The most basic setup for this is anything into [W]5C>j.B>j.B>Land 5B>j.AAA>j.B>3C~D>Meaty 6B. Only the 2nd Hit connects but its the important one as it forces the crouch state and is really easy to confirm.

Watch your Wolf Oki when you have it in the corner, you pretty much only did Command Grab when you did Wolf Oki which while it isn't bad, it can be predictable. So try being more random with your oki options. Wolf Form Valk has some of the best Oki options in the game. Low, High, Command Grab, ability to Bait DPs and Punish easily.

Adding to what the others said.

1. Block on wake-up. (Sahgren said it and I repeat) You have to be patient with Valk. You don't have much choice but to block on wake-up.

2. You are always using 5/2a>5/2b>5c>236a>Wolf vs standing opponent, mix it up. you can do things like 5/2a>5/2b>3c>236a>wolf, 5/2a>5/2b>3c>236b~236b>wolf (possible corner follow up) or even 5/2a>5/2b>5c>(Jump cancel)>jc>j214b>wolf.

3. Study up on your optimal combos.