Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tong

[CS2] Ragna Hard Combos

Yo fellow Ragna players.

This topic is about hard but, yet, practical combos. Combos that requires extremely precise specifics, even though they look your average BnB. No, do not be mistaken.

If you're a beginner, do ALL the combos posted here , then you may stand a chance trying these, ok.Oh, and check for notations also.

I spent some time of my life today, trying to find the best Meterless, midscreen/anywhere, with a practical starter.

Believe me, I tested these almost endlessly, and I assure you, 150% of these WILL work, however they are so tight, so haard...?, that its specifics varies from chara to chara, so yeah it feels like Guilty Gear. Enough, allow me.

The combos

These are the badguys:

5B 6A (HJC) j.214B dash 5B 5D(1) 214D dash 5C (HJC) J.C J.D(JC) J.C J.D 623D~Heel

Damage:3327 , Heatgain:37

5B 6A 214B dash 5A "5C" 5D(1) 214D dash 5C (HJC) J.C J.D (JC) J.C J.D 623D~Heel

Damage:3073/3155 , Heatgain:36

"5B" Variation of the above

Damage:2969 , Heatgain:36

5B 6A (HJC) delay j.214B dash 5A 5B 5D(1) 214D dash 5C (HJC) J.C J.D (JC) J.C J.D 623D~Heel

Damage:2998 , Heatgain:35

5B 6A (HJC) j.214B (dash) 5B 5D (DC) 5C (HJC) J.C J.D (JC) J.C J.D 623D~Heel

Damage:2946 , Heatgain:33

These are the raw stuff, you will need to do some crazy and overcomplicated stuff for it to actually connect, and they may vary on each character...

Colored this way for easier future reference. Some of these wont work at all in some charas, which will be explained in the specifics part.

Watch for redudancy, for example If the Orange combos works, obviously you wont want to use the Blue one, its variation, because its harder and weaker.

If Green combo is landable one someone, obviously you can hit with the Pink one.

Who's going to get hit?

Assuming you're midscreen, far from a corner

Ragna

Rachel

Jin

Noel

Tsubaki

Lambda

Taokaka

Hazama

Hakumen

Carl

Bang

Arakune

Tager --

Litchi

Valkenhayn --

Mu

Makoto

Platinum

Combo Specifics

Section dedicated to the people who tried these combos and deemed it to be impossible.Told ya, its *Hard*, and they are so susceptible to human error that I think its pretty much impossible to get some of them consistently.

These are the uninersal stuff you need to do to connect most of them.

Universal

-[Dash] 5C

The brackets imply "hold". Just Dash 5C wont be enough to reach with 5C, you must absolutely run then 5C to catch them. Too short, the 5C will whiff, too long they will tech right before the 5C, its very hard to notice which one occurs sometimes because of 5C's deceptively long hitbox puts in question whether or not you Dashed 5C briefly or for too long.

-1st frame dashing

Another essential requirement, you need to dash as soon the Deadspike ends. Thanks to the gigantic buffering system, just input 6[6] as soon Ragna "holsters" his sword after DS.

Semi-specific/Optional

-Dash... 5A/5B

Thanks to the new(?) dash buffering system, dashing attacks wont need an extra frame to execute.Dashing is 'free'. However some combos require that extra frame, so the dash momentum may throw you closer. This is essential for some characters. Dash, wait 1~3 frames then input 5A/5B.

-6A (HJC) j.214B

Self-explanatory, High-jumping is the best way to connect TK GH after 6A. Its a requirement on some characters. Standard jump cancel will work on some characters, but get used to doing HJ, theres just no reason to not use this.

Specific

- j.C delay j.D (JC) j.C...

Thankfully very few will need this.

Instictively, you will know when to use.

-6A delay 214B

This one is dumb, thats all. The delay is needed because of some weird stuff involving "horizontal space?" I believe. Only 2 specific and rare characters require this, so no need to strain yourself training this.

-6A (HJC) delay j.214B delay dash 5A 5B

Simple, you want the latest active frame from GH to hit, so you may land asap and still have time to input the rest of the combo. Alright, its not that simple... but its easy to spot when it fails.

Either: The opponent techs(too late GH). GH hits, but 5B whiffs after 5A(not properly "last hitted"). Everthing goes right, but Deadspike whiffs completely(the dummy is too high, wait for the fall after j.214B).

Thats it for now, theres more stuff. Im going to make a table later for the sake of aesthetics.

I don't know why this is, but, you can actually get the Gauntlet Hades > 5A link to work on Tager by doing

5B > 5C > 6A > 214B > 5A

Any explanation? I just know I found that out in training mode once.

uhhh i think i posted why it doesnt work on some ppl way back, its because of horizontal spacing, if you delay 6A long enough it'll hit on everyone, but why use that when theres lulzy tager special

imo these DS versions shouldnt be used in matches since its pretty easy to whiff