Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schneider-X

Winnipeg, MB: ChipDamage community where we play fighting games

Yea, Stuart will be holding a gathering at his place to play some BB and watch the Fight Night Infinity stream this evening.

Also to Shiro420, some of our guys are interested in entering the online BB tourney.

for the people interested in entering the online XBL BB tourney it can be done here:http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/z03uKyEwDh03L5bHT03grfQp

Not yet, we'll be resuming our science lounge gatherings on April 27 most likely. Exam period ends on the 23rd. I hope to see you there soon :)

Skull Girls!

In the meantime, how's everybody doing?

Finishing my last exam has left me feeling a little...dandy (O)_(O)

In case any of you were wondering: Yes, some of us here plan to pick up GG when it's released on PSN/XBLA!

It's hard picking a main in that game, too many fun characters to play.

The easiest answer would probably be Baiken. However, I haven't played either characters extensively to know if that's really true. I main Venom/Sol.

Anyways, I think I could finally come this friday at the lounge but I feel hesitant. I have work and will arrive somewhere around 8 p.m. What I'm more worried about is who exactly I'm suppose to go to. I know where the lounge is but I dunno who to identify you people with.

As for me, it's that asian guy with glasses. Can't miss me.

Oh yea, my name is Leaf.

Anyways, I think I could finally come this friday at the lounge but I feel hesitant. I have work and will arrive somewhere around 8 p.m. What I'm more worried about is who exactly I'm suppose to go to. I know where the lounge is but I dunno who to identify you people with.

Hey glad to hear you're coming out! Don't worry about not knowing who we are... we are the ones playing fighting games! But seriously, since we are expecting you, we can definitely keep an eye out for your. It won't be a problem.

"As for me, it's that asian guy with glasses. Can't miss me."

lol that describes a lot of people in Chipdamage. You'll fit right in! I think as a general rule, we should probably hand out or business cards to anyone we see who looks asian and has glasses...

Hopefully you'll get this before you head to the university, but it seems like the lounge we typically play at has been closed for yet another week due to construction. So chipdamage is POSTPONING THE FRIDAY GATHERING THIS WEEK, so ya sorry 'bout that, hopefully it's up and running for next week.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I found out by going there myself. That's two times I came and went home empty handed.

Will my third discovery be where I stumble and find the lounge housing zombies?

Hey Leaf, please check this thread for the latest updates on the science lounge situation.

http://chipdamage.com/forums/index.php/topic,431.msg10956.html#new

I feel really bad about you making two trips out to the U of M and we weren't there due to construction or other reasons :(

Please come out to Baselan if you can. We're guaranteed to be there with no venue hiccups.

http://chipdamage.com/forums/index.php/topic,658.0.html

Nothing like trying to get into the fighting game scene and failing so hard. Thanks for your concerns though guys, I appreciate it. I'm wondering if I should start posting at chipdamage than here but I'm too comfortable.

Anyways, this is gunna be my second tourney, besides the one at Ai-Con last year. Ya~ay.

I'm wondering what are these though: "Entry into all Bri-vents, Minute to Win It and Heavy Metal Musical Chairs"

Nothing like trying to get into the fighting game scene and failing so hard. Thanks for your concerns though guys, I appreciate it. I'm wondering if I should start posting at chipdamage than here but I'm too comfortable.

Anyways, this is gunna be my second tourney, besides the one at Ai-Con last year. Ya~ay.

I'm wondering what are these though: "Entry into all Bri-vents, Minute to Win It and Heavy Metal Musical Chairs"

Posting on chipdamage is probably the best idea, since not many people visit the other winnipeg threads for major fighting game websites.

The "Bri-vents" are just fun little side events that the Baselan staff will hold. Things like playing musical chairs or a kinnect contest which don't have any set time slot for them to occur at.

Do you remember Marvin from the Ai-kon tournament last year, a tager player? I remember him talking to a guy about us but he never came out.

hey just wanted to add one final reminder about our Baselan tournament this weekend!

http://www.chipdamage.com/2012/05/08/baselan23/

It'll be streamed live at http://www.twitch.tv/chipdamage and has prizes sponsored by focusattack for the 3 main fighting game tournaments. Blazblue will definitely be making an appearance this weekend :)

Woot Baselan! This Friday! (that means NO SCI LOUNGE this week! We are all at Baselan instead)

Baselan is the best tournament. Only thing is, it's more like a weekend long gathering with tournaments in it. So there might not be a strict schedule, but if you are there all weekend, then all the fun stuff will happen!

There will be BlazBlue and I even saw some Guilty Gear one year. See you guys there!

Nothing really, you can enter as many console tournaments as you want and stay for as long as you want to play casuals or money match some people if you want.

Science lounge at the UofM is open for business again! Hope to see everyone there. Remember, we meet between 7 or 8 and stay until 11. We will be the people playing the FGs on playstations!

Hey Braindead great session on Saturday. I learned a few little things. Still mostly just have to put in more practice at the moment. I was trying a lot of new stuff, so it needs time to sink in. Next time I'll warm up before I come over, then maybe I won't drop so many combos and DPs facing the right :S

Also thanks for coming out Friday, Feelin'TheWind. Now you got a good idea of what our scene is like. It was a smaller gathering that night, I think. Anyways, long story short, we were all impressed at your skills considering we hadn't met you yet. It's always a pleasant surprise when someone shows up and they are already good at the game. What I'm saying is, if you stick with the scene, you're sure to improve even more! Sky's the limit.

See you guys Friday!

hey guys, come out tomorrow to the science lounge, now that I'm done with my design group project you can expect the resident hakumen player to be present for once :D

hey guys, there's going to be another tournament featuring Blazblue, except this time its a fundraiser tournament with all proceeds going towards the Children's foundation. Come out and support a good cause and the Winnipeg FGC!

Venue:

Churchill Park United Church

525 Beresford Ave

Winnipeg, MB R3L 1J4

Schedule:

King of Fighters XIII: 2:00 pm

Skullgirls: 3:30 pm

Super Street Fighter II Turbo: 3:30 pm

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012: 4:00 pm

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 6:30 pm

Soul Calibur V: 6:30 pm

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend: 8:00 pm