Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Potemkin

Poke/zoning game: - 5P is really good in this matchup cause he can't crouch under it - potemkin buster is scary so try to avoid using attacks that extend your hitbox in such a way that they may be Pot bustered such as 5P and 2S. You must make sure you're not too close though or those moves will be thrown as well. - his anti air is really, really good so don't jump in on him/airdash at him hardly at all unless he's in blockstun from shitsu. jumping for zoning is good as long as you are careful to avoid his anti air attacks range -cut back on zoning shitsu, it's pretty useless if he starts doing his flick Defense: - Potemkin unblockables don't work on anji. if he does heat knuckle knockdown > mirror overdrive > slidehead to unblockable as okizeme you can wakeup 6K autoguard the mirror overdrive - slideheads are free Fujin if you react to it. potemkin often try it from blockstrings, sometimes even just totally randomly. 6H slidehead is a common setup because of hte large blockstun. timing on fujin is more tricky here but always possible. you can also block attacks then backdash to avoid slidehead, but that's obviously yields no reward like fujin. be aware that his 6K overhead looks like slidehead so he may use this as a fake - he may try to tick grab you, in which case know what moves he can try to tick you from (there are a lot like 5P, 2K, 2S, etc.) and use backdash or jump to dodge the potemkin buster. you could also try 3K because it is throw invincible and will always beat command grab, but be wise with this move because it is very slow Pressure: good anji pressure is difficult for potemkin to deal with, he'll be forced to block for a good while in most cases. His large hitbox makes it difficult for him to escape shitsu pressure, plus you can use 5P a lot to beat him out of things and jack his guard. FB shitsu setups are also very effective and you may want to use them often as an alternative to FB rin combo from low, use the meter to try for unblockable. Combos: you can basically do anything you want EXCEPT normal hit 2d 236S-D because he's a heavyweight. otherwise he's extremely easy to combo with almost anything you can think of. go for knockdown combos if you must choose between damage and knockdown unless higher damage combo will kill him Overall: This is one of anji's easiest (maybe the easiest) matchups provided it is played carefully and correctly. Small mistakes can cost you bigtime but on the other hand, it's extremely hard for potemkin to deal with anji's pressure game and once anji gets rolling his chances of winning the match are high. IMO this matchup is a slight advantage for anji. maybe 5.5-4.5

i doubt anyone will check this thread who actually has the ability to delete your post lol. actually if you hit the edit button you should be able to delete your own post though now that I look at it random actual info that shoulda been here ages ago: don't do meaties on him like a retard for oki, forgot to mention that, pot buster will kill you

Thanks, I got it. And, couldn't you do meatie 3K as an attempt to bait a buster?

Speaking of which, is there any actual solid number of frames that 3K is throw invuln for? the f data just says ??F-??F also, since 5P is awesome for guard guage jacking, is 5P-6P Backdash-Busterable? or can I go 5P 5P (shitsu lands) 5P 6P 5S shitsu?

no you wouldn't, it's throw invulnerable

Ugh....I feel stupid now.....:psyduck:

*goes to look at frame data*

reminds me I was going to update the anji guide last week and didn't do it. crap. still have some work to do on it for the update

To add onto this matchup: To deal with Potemkin's jump-ins,6P beats jK,jHS and jD,but loses to jS.5P beats jK jHS and jS,but loses to jD.So you're gambling between them using jS and jD if you're planning to AA.Airthrow can't beat jD(and it puts you in a FREE Potbuster position if you block it in the air).Maybe Anji's jD could work here if you can react fast enough to him jumping. Ninja edit: Forgot to mention that while 6K autoguard would work against anything,it'll be a free potbuster if he was baiting with an empty FD jump in(unless you FRC and act accordingly).

Sign in to follow this