Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raine

[CS2] Hazama Mid screen

So i've been playing more and more online and i've yet to really find a decent midscreen combo...

other than starting with 214D C (Which takes far too long to start and can't be comboed into from anything i've seen) the only other choice seems to be a basic 5-6hit combo ending with 3C and then either 214D A or 236D to move them nearer a corner & build heat.

Is this really all there is to do? build heat/push nearer a corner with these and then do a 236236B into 214D C combo?

Or am I missing something?

This really is all Hazama has midscreen without CH or heat. So yeah. getting them into the corner and building heat is his gameplan midscreen.

Learn your anti air hit confirms. 5b can combo into 214d~c if you hit them from the air and so can 5c but these require specific spacing and a counter hit. Otherwise confirm into air combo of your choice. 3c ch will net you 5k anywhere if you know the character specific combo, as will anything with a hotenjin.

Also with a grounded opponent 5c ch can confirm into 214d~c but it's pretty strict and will only be a level 1 214d~c. Not to mention just going straight into 214d~c as mixup instead of the overhead.

5C CH anti air to Zaneiga requires you to KNOW it's going to hit and be a CH at the same time to land it (Same for ground CH 5C). 5B anti air is a bit less restrictive although still hard to hit confirm.

I find that for 5b they have to be really low to the ground for it to connect although you probably shouldn't be using 5b against an airborne opponent unless they already are pretty low. The 5c ch confirms are definitely gdlk but they're doable, 5c as anti air will usually connect to Zaneiga though. It's not too hard to confirm an AA 5c ch into 214d~c.

Don't hurt yourself thinking too hard on it. Midscreen Damage isn't the main idea, its meter, mindgames, and location, location, LOCATION....and meter.

If you're close enough (when they're in the air and about 5A distance away), AA 5C>JC>j.C x 5>2C>4D~D>j.B>j.C x 1 or 2>JC>j.C x 5>j.214B will net you 36 heat, deal 2.8k damage, and get you pretty close to the corner from midscreen.

Note: Did this combo by counter-hitting Noel's 2D, but it does work on plain anti-air as well.

Edit: if you happen to hit-confirm with AA 2C, just do the latter half of the combo. It gains you 25 heat, 2.4k damage.

Edit 2: if 5C anti-airs but you're a little bit too far away to follow it up into 2C when you land, here's an alternate route: AA 5C>j.C x 5>623D>dash 3C>236D Heat: 23, Dmg: 2578

keep in mind that the Jakou has to be really quick.

If you're close enough (when they're in the air and about 5A distance away), AA 5C>JC>j.C x 5>2C>4D~D>j.B>j.C x 1 or 2>JC>j.C x 5>j.214B will net you 36 heat, deal 2.8k damage, and get you pretty close to the corner from midscreen.

Note: Did this combo by counter-hitting Noel's 2D, but it does work on plain anti-air as well.

This and its MUCH easier to confirm to as well.

Speaking of jump, another completely unreliable way to go into combos midscreen is to use TKj214b and successfully land a counter hit. You delay a second, dash, and basically do whatever you want. 6c 66 3c~, 5c2c~and it even connects into 214d~c, lol. Not really a good move to use (at least not a lot, it's very unreliable as I mentioned) but it definitely looks flashy.

Also the gimmicky 214d~b has a few different options, mostly just a quick dash 214d~c (which won't always work) or the good old 6d 4d~

FYI you can do the full relaunch combo off of a CH TK 214B. It's a useless move outside of combo though.

If you read a low attack like other character's 2B you can make it whiff and punish with TK j.214B for a relaunch combo where 3C would get stuffed. But yeah, you almost won't ever use this.

It's still a really bad move... might as well block and punish lows instead of gambling with a TK.

You don't always have the option to "punish lows", so having something that can crush them and leads to decent damage/meter on a hard call-out is nice. It's good to bring up.

Wow did not expect all the replies so fast, will attempt to pull off some of these and put them into memory thanks

You don't always have the option to "punish lows", so having something that can crush them and leads to decent damage/meter on a hard call-out is nice. It's good to bring up.

You're right. The option is there and it's always nice to have options. But it's still a terrible option that should never be used.

You're right. The option is there and it's always nice to have options. But it's still a terrible option that should never be used.

I think that j.214B is a gamble but that doesn't mean that you can't take gambles. Something like that is more up to the playstyle of each individual player. j.214B is a bad move for Hazama because it is NOT foot-invulnerable and can lose out to some lows and because of the risk compared to his other options but it does have very good reward and the risk is not actually exceptional, definitely not comparable to the risk of DPs.

You shouldn't rely on it but it's not a bad idea at all to use it occasionally when combined with a read, it's another mindgame for your opponent as well.

I'm not too fond of the move. I'm biased about it. You're right and it can certainly be used on occasions. However... Dacid, my friend. It does not crush lows and it is not an overhead.

Go watch those pro Japanese Hazama matches that you talk about all the time. Now watch how many times they use this move "to crush lows". Then come back and ask me why they don't.

Yeah the only JP player i've ever seen use it is Teruwo. It actually worked too, although IIRC he used it as an anti air and I only saw him use it like once maybe twice out of the 10 or so matches I watched with him. It really is not a good move; I think it's somewhat underused personally but I can see why a lot of Haz players aren't really into it.