Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluck

[CS2] Hazama VS Hazama

Hosoku! Touse, ichi! Yoweehe!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCtUk_kglVg

General Overview

The mirror match can be very hard to play for players who are not accustomed to the matchup. The reason for this is that this is the only match-up where the opponent has a tool as good as your chains - his own! The neutral game in this match-up is thus like no other. Hazama VS Hazama is the best match for practicing your zoning (seriously).

Neutral

The neutral game is really a test of who's the better zoner. Use your chains and keep an eye on your opponent. Make sure that your chain is going in the opponent's direction. If he chains wrongly, you get a hit. If he chains in your direction, there'll be a clash and you go back to neutral, ensuring you never lose out. Because of this, it is very helpful to use your oroborous stocks to move erratically as it makes it much harder for the other Hazama to use his chains well. Read Dusty's guide for more information on how to improve your zoning and movement!

You will want to chain in on Hazama to lock down his annoying movement (lol). His anti-airs are no longer as good as in CS1, but 2C and 214D~B are both still decent anti-airs, so you need to vary your approach as usual. Note that flash kick has a very good hitbox. If you want to beat it, you will need to alter your momentum earlier compared to other anti-airs to make it whiff. Alternatively, you can block it and do j.4D.

Defense

Jayoku is an even worse option than usual thanks to Hazama's command grab. If you get it wrong and Jayoku while Hazama tries a command grab, you are, to put it simply, extremely fucked. Counter Assault falls to a similar fate. Keep in mind also that CA's range is bad so be aware of the spacing and do not barrier block your opponent before using CA. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about this. Hazama's pressure and mix-up is very strong and you will need to use barrier and IB wisely to save yourself. IBing 5B in particular is very important.

Many Hazamas neglect to utilize 2B as part of their mixup, making jump outs an attractive options against such players. Following the same train of thought, watch your opponent's patterns and try to see which option he isn't using. You can then use that lapse to escape his offence.

Hazama's defence is not good but his offence is pretty damn good, so there is not much you can do about it.

Offence

Read the above, change your point of view.

Misc. tips/tricks/things to watch out for

Not sure what to put here, it's your own character.

Blocked chains can be a bitch to punish if the other player is smart about their fly ins. Watch what they're doing and apply appropriately, both flying in and AA-ing.

5A/2A is your low risk AA. It will hit him if he does j2C, or most jB fly ins. You're safe if he decides to retract and send another chain out. You will lose to early jB fly ins though, and maybe B swing chain again, though I'm not too sure.

2C will beat direct fly ins. But will lose horribly if baited with retract and rechain or swing and rechain. I think it'll even lose to C follow up, as I'd imagine most people will 1C it and get 3C instead.

Only 214DB on IB.(I don't think you'll hit them otherwise.) Extremely risky. Retracts and momentum changes to make it whiff will hurt.

Counter pick with B.Mode Tager.

Please try to stay on topic in the matchup threads.

Real talk: Use 5A for anti air a lot. It's really good in this matchup. 2C is also great. Don't try flash kick too much because you can be chained out of stance easily.

Counter pick with B.Mode Tager.

My only weakness! How did you know?!

Real talk though. Im pretty sure Flash kick AA only works on IB.

If they hit 3C while you have meter, buffer Hotenjin and wait for stance and hit that shit.

If you see superflash go off during pressure, Hotenjin.

6A and 6B are a generally a bad idea unless they're respecting your shit.

Whoever gets the first hit with meter wins.

Round start 3C, 236C, 623D.

I find this to be one of my easier match-ups, tbh. Much easier than Tager, since keeping distance seems to be my weak point with Hazama. Mix-ups with the chain seem to work well in confusing the opponent as long as it isn't abused and you end up wasting your stock and being backed into a corner.