Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CS2] Hazama vs. Makoto

Matchup Ranking: Even

Recommended Playstyle: Offensive, get in her face and keep her locked down. Zoning is not reccomended. This is pretty much a slug fest on who can hit who in the face more.

General Strategy: Zoning Makoto out is a pain because of how fast she runs. J.4D and J.6D are very valuable tools in this match to stop her from running a marathon past your chains. Abuse your plus on block normals and pressure. Her uppercut SUCKS, but her reward for hitting you with is is fucking ridiculous, bait it out and get your free CH 3C. Her normals are also way better than Hazama's and they move her forward. Her pressure is STRONG, if you get put into her pressure take a good guess to get out, but watch out as Makoto has late chains and frame traps up the tail.

Your Best Tools (For This Matchup): 3C, use it sparingly as you can be easily punished by Makoto's 5B for wiffing it.

J.6D and J.4D: Use these to stop Makoto's ground advance.

Has A DP?: Yes but it is complete ass. The hit box will sometimes wiff characters crouching so use this to your advantage when pressuring her or on wake up. The reward she gets off hitting you with it is dumb though.

Things To Look Out For: 6B unblockable lol

Makoto's 3C will make Hazama's 2A wiff.

Will add more stuff later.

If she 3Cs and you're within punishing range, make her learn not to use it in this matchup because Hazama's 3C > Hers

Her 5B is almost as good as Ragna's and Tsubaki's so be careful of your spacing. 2C anti air if you see the furry tail. Don't try 5A on furry tail. Don't worry about her parry if you're zoning from fullscreen with chains. Parrying chains does nothing for her and sometimes gets her a j.B CH from Hazama. Careful of your air approach and use C and B chains a lot because her 6A is stupid and she can anti air with parry. Use frametraps a lot here because most Makotos will mash 2A and 5A no matter where because they always get paid for it.

Against Hazama, if Makoto scores a hit from round start position you're gonna be in the corner. I tend to SJ Barrier to start.

If she starts pressure with her back to the corner, expect a cross over reset.

Her overhead reset has a telegraphed move before it. Watch for it.

If you see Makoto do 5C switch your block to high and watch for 2C, it is slower and the animation is more obvious than 6B. Unfortunately, Makoto can beat this tactic by doing 6B earlier in the blockstring when she has access to 2B, forcing you to block low. But at least then you know Makoto is very likely to do 6B in the beginning of her blockstring.

I'm not sure if this is general knowledge, but meaty 3C pretty much forces Makoto do not do anything on her wake up.

(midscreen) As oki off 214D~A do a very small step forward and then 3C:

- 3C will catch every roll.

- it will catch emergency tech > jump/back dash.

- Makoto can't mash stuff (yay for 3c ch~).

- DP will whiff.

The only way she has to get out of this is:

- particle flare

- late neutral teching over our 3C, we are definitely at a disadvantage if she does so but she can't punish us for doing it.

I'm pretty sure it also works as corner oki but I don't know if her DP will whiff.

You may have to adjust your timing a bit to get it to cover every option.

Yes, but if you do 3C your pressure just ended, which makes it not worth it. You can only special cancel into Jabaki or try to continue pressure with stance, but your lack of options from 3C makes stance too easy to deal with.

EDIT: That said, it's still useful to know and it's a good option if your opponent likes to press buttons on wake-up since this will beat both wake-up normals and wake-up DP for huge damage. But if your opponent actually blocks on wake-up, I don't think it's a good idea.

One thing that has worked for me a couple of times is, after 3C, I do 214D, but immediately press D to cancel and continue applying pressure. It does leave a bit of an opening if they can react fast enough, but I find it works for me.