Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CS2] Hazama vs. Jin

I find that the J6D one helps the most as it launches you pretty straightforward across the screen and right at him.

What can i do to punish full screen air-ice swords consistently? It always feels like he can get away with em for free

ib them and take the free meter

even online

take all the practice you can get

if its fullscreen its ok. . . you'll probably mess up the first few times but eventually youll just be able to do it

I guess it depends? Not much point in learning online timings if you have access to a good offline scene, and vice versa. Though if it's just something simple like IBing a projectile it shouldn't make much difference either way.

True true.

I guess I've kinda developed Bitterness towards online, sadly its like the only place I can practice seeing my scene is all about mahvel.

But nuff a that. yeah my normal reaction should be to IB seeing if the games in neutral I can wait for jin to fuck up/get impatient (though Jumping just to ib an Air ice sword just screams "Get AntiAired" to me But I could be wrong). But if I'm in a life deficit and he's just chilling full screen throwing those ice swords like an Akuma wannabe I'd need to get in.

So, I'm having some serious trouble in this match up.

Being "defensive" just does not cut it.

Jin will eventually catch up to Hazama and lock him down for a long.fucking.time.

It also feels like Hazama has NO WAY out jump cancelled moves/pressure, as in 2C and stance~B are too slow and 5A will just trade in his favour.

A "bad" chain be it a whiffed one or a bad approach, and the lead that Hazama may have gained from playing "defensive" will be pretty much gone.

Also "peculiar" movements like j.4DD, or 6DD > j.4DD, blabla, to get close are pretty much useless because of how mobile Jin is.

His 5B as an AA feels also pretty strong, I'm not sure why.

Oh, and of course his 6B is like...pretty fucking annoying while in neutral.

During pressure I feel it's so so, since if IB'd Jin can't do shit except doing psychic shoryus, but when in neutral/footsies range, it's just great.

I think 5A may be a good way to stop it but I'm not sure.

I...seriously don't get his match up.

Being defensive just seem a pretty bad way to approach the match up.

tl;dr:

I don't get how am I supposed to zone a character that is very mobile and why it's supposedly the best way to approach the match up.

Also, while his pressure isn't strong because it's ambiguos, it feels strong because of how safe it is, and Hazama doesn't seem to have a way out of jump cancelled moves.

I'm sure this match up is even, but damn, it's, like, really hard :arg:

basically if jin is in the air and you decide to fly in, if you don't interrupt your movement somehow, you will get hit

so as far as neutral, you should play safe if you dont want to take random damage

of course, when youre afraid,you can just fly away

his 5B isn't that good of AA - you're probably using the wrong air normals. spaced jB's and j2C's should do fine

his 6B shouldn't even be a problem if you're in neutral, unless you've been throwing out 3C

2C is excellent AA against him and trades in your favor unless they do jump in 236D. just pay attention

don't be afraid to counter assault