Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Yatagarasu

but...

Legend of the Raven = Yatagarasu

All they did was translate it :v:

Excuse me?

Weird to have it on the Vita, I'd rather have it as a cross-platform release. You know, to practice on the go and play with other people online on a PS3.

Well, Chiriakuta barely lost to Nene.

...And then both of them got absolutely destroyed by Aja.

Apparently Nene actually had more backers than Aja, but Aja's backers donated more. :<

2) They have said they intend to eventually add them all anyway.

Really? I'd like to believe this, but can you find me a source?

New sprites!? Like are we talking complete graphical overall!? .o.

More like "fix" the original sprites and ad a new ones (more atacks, etc.)

https://twitter.com/nyumedia/status/371688248080220160

Let's go, LET'S GOOOO!!!

No more bouncing around fg forums to find YTG stuffs. It's up to the current community to draw attention to this YTG-oriented forum and create a focal point for all information related to it. Make this easy for us hardcore supporters of this fantastic doujin game. Join up and go nuts. We've got a lot to build up on now, let's have fun with this.

The folks at Nicalis have an interesting promotion going on where you can be an in-game commentator... Here are the details:

Hey Fighting Game Fans,

Nicalis is giving a talented member(s) of the gaming community the unique opportunity to be featured as an in-game color commentator in the upcoming 2D fighting game, Legend of Raven for the PS Vita. If you think you have what it takes, we've prepared some stock footage from Legend of Raven for you to record your awesome color commentary over. Here's what you have to do to audition:

1. Be awesome.

2. Record your mind-blowing color commentary over the provided gameplay footage here: http://youtu.be/DL2U_msibuw or https://app.box.com/s/cstmiatj4aewqxlhdsli

3. Upload your video to youtube and make sure it's unlisted.

4. Email us a link to your youtube video with the color commentary to: auditions@nicalis.com

Nicalis will be accepting audition videos up until September 20, 2013. If someone is up to the challenge and makes the cut, they'll be chosen on September 25, 2013 and notified by email.

More information can be found here at nicalis.com/legendofraven/auditions

But why are they refusing?

Ask Lab Zero, they had the same problem with the Skullgirls IGG campaign (though they've since had it resolved).

Fortunately this situation has also been resolved, and the devs will be receiving their funding. Wish PayPal would get their shit together so this would've never started, though.

Unfortunately, that appears to be the port of the original version (by Nicalis)- not the Attack on Cataclysm update. I hope Nicalis can work with the devs to somehow include the AoC content. It's going to confuse the hell out of people to have two completely different versions floating around, especially since the one on the brand new consoles is vastly outdated (or at least, will be by the time AoC rolls out).

Then again, that's assuming Nicalis actually ends up releasing anything in the first place...

Nicalis is one of the most incompetent VG publishers I know of. They sat on the La-Mulana remake license for an absurd amount of time before spontaneously canceling the game and handing it off to another company. Handhelds aren't a proper home for fighting games due to issues with controls and multiplayer, and the PS4/Xbone are waaaay more powerful than needed to run Yatagarasu. I guess putting it on PS3 and adding the AoC update to all versions would mean they actually know what they're doing, though, which they've proven to not be true.

Oh Aja looks coo---

each individual attack is heavy and she doesn’t have any gimmicky moves. ... She has no mid-level attacks or throws and doesn’t down opponents very well

I hate life more than life itself . . .

...i always get the impression people don't read the article. http://yatagarasu-ftg.com/dev-diary/yatagarasu-aoc-developer-diary-dec-13th/

Aja Salisbury

Her concept is that each individual attack is heavy and she doesn’t have any gimmicky moves.

In contrast to the other characters with swords, Hina and Shimo, her style is based around heavy swings.

She has no mid-level attacks or throws and doesn’t down opponents very well, but on the other hand she has high guard crush values and her style is well-suited to wading in and breaking down the opponent’s guard. Also, her special moves can be charged to throw off opponents’ parrying.

That description sounds like Fritz with Melty-style stagger pressure. That sounds like the most radtacular thing you can put into 3S.

beeing based around heavy swings makes me think more about samurai shodown than anything else. Even parry is something originaly from samurai showdown 2, not 3s. But even if we think about fritz, akatsuki blitzkampf do have reflect. Not really odd.

It is sad to hear that this game will suffer a delay. At least they were honest and fairly transparent about the reasoning for it. I guess I will now have plenty of time to wear out Chronophantasma.

http://yatagarasu-ftg.com/dev-diary/yatagarasu-aoc-developer-diary-feb-27th/

That does suck, but at least it is progressing. Now that the convention is over they can get back to work.