Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager General Discussion

I'll drop my 2 cents here because I think you two might have had a slight communication problem (or I DID, anyway this will clear it up).

2. i have read up that 6B forces crouch on hit. so if an opponent likes to block high, am i able to do a 6B>6B> 6C>Collider? or do i have to RC the first 6B for that to happen?

Yes, you are able, but it won't hit them if they keep blocking high. 6B forces crouch on HIT, if the opponent blocks he is not forced to crouch.

3. Do GF(Whiff) combos apply to all characters? or character specific? Whats the difference between using GF(Whiff) and Collider(Whiff)

Just to make what A.X.I.S. said easier to understand: GF(whiff) is much easier to land than AC(whiff), but you'll soon notice that GF will NOT come out everytime. It will only be "available" after you ground the opponent at least once in your combo (e.g.: after j.2c or 3C).

That's pretty much the same reason if you just do standing 22D out of a combo tager will do 2D instead.

1. Yes but sometimes when you do the collider whiff they fly behind you or further away, it depends on how close they are and what normals that are used it seems, just roll with it.

2. Just gattling it, from normals, 5A>6B, 5B>6B, 5C>6B, and 6B>6B are all examples of just mixing them up.

3. Not character specific, some combos proration makes doing AC whiff>6C harder than normal or just not work, GF whiff remedy this.

Outside of pull and recovery on the 2 moves there isn't much of a difference.

Ah I forgot that GF whiff can only be used after a sweep or something that puts them in a OTG state.

4. You just can't do the back dash you have to time it.

Now when it comes to Air dashes you have to more less react to it or look for the time they will use their j.C.

It's all in the timing.

1. I always experience they fly behind me from a (Magnetised) 360A/B> 3C> AC(whiff). From a (Magnetised) 5a>5b>6A>3C>AC (whiff) I will blue beat. I dont have console so its very hard for me to test. shall try the 7/9j.2c next time.

4. Yup. i understand that but bad habits sometimes are hard to change. I like to throw out 2C and get hit :X

alright thanks AXIS shall update on next try

1. It depends on how far your opponent is away from you when 3C AC. If you 3C them at the very tip of the move, then AC, they will float towards you and go over your head. If you hit them with the 3C at around mid range, then they will float straight upwards. At point blank range, they will float away from you. It is very portant since it will determine which combos you can do and how it sets up your opponent.

For example, lets say you AC your opponent out of the corner, and you want to put them back. You just have to continue the combo with 4D (whiff), 3C, AC (they'll float over you back towards the corner), j.2C,.... The 4D (whiff) in this combo just pulled them towards you just enough for 3C to hit at the tip. Therefore, causing them to float over you, when you ACed. If you did the combo differently, like, AC (whiff), 3C, AC. Then they will float away from you, because the AC (whiff) brought them right up to point blank range. So the following 3C AC causes them to float away from you.

Just to make what A.X.I.S. said easier to understand: GF(whiff) is much easier to land than AC(whiff), but you'll soon notice that GF will NOT come out everytime. It will only be "available" after you ground the opponent at least once in your combo (e.g.: after j.2c or 3C).

IS AC also considered as a sweep?

1. It depends on how far your opponent is away from you when 3C AC. If you 3C them at the very tip of the move, then AC, they will float towards you and go over your head. If you hit them with the 3C at around mid range, then they will float straight upwards. At point blank range, they will float away from you. It is very portant since it will determine which combos you can do and how it sets up your opponent.

For example, lets say you AC your opponent out of the corner, and you want to put them back. You just have to continue the combo with 4D (whiff), 3C, AC (they'll float over you back towards the corner), j.2C,.... The 4D (whiff) in this combo just pulled them towards you just enough for 3C to hit at the tip. Therefore, causing them to float over you, when you ACed. If you did the combo differently, like, AC (whiff), 3C, AC. Then they will float away from you, because the AC (whiff) brought them right up to point blank range. So the following 3C AC causes them to float away from you.

i see u have alot of experience in this. could u advise me roughly how i should pull off the bnb from a 360 B in midscreen?

IS AC also considered as a sweep?
Yes, but not on the bounce. Meaning they have to bounce Then land before you can GF. That means you can't get much out of it.

i see u have alot of experience in this. could u advise me roughly how i should pull off the bnb from a 360 B in midscreen?

Just buffer the 3C.

had success with bnb with the 9. j2c. now i need to work on changing from AC whiff to GF whiff. thanks guys at tager bb forums! :D

had success with bnb with the 9. j2c. now i need to work on changing from AC whiff to GF whiff. thanks guys at tager bb forums! :D

Remember that you can't activate GF unless you've hit them with 3C or downed them with j.2C, MTW or similar.

a tager player from Montreal has posted an awesome tutorial/combo compilation for tager the past week and there is really a lot of stuff in there. I even learned new combo possibilities from this (although i'm no tager encyclopedia when it comes to every single combo route)

Basic changes this is really nice to see in video format all the changes :)

Gimmicks well it's gimmicks so take it with a grain of salt :P

Dem Combos combos and they are really well done.

don't hate too much on the little tager apprentice i have in mtl he's helping me with mah combos XD

It is exactly the way it looks.

Makoto has a very small window on her DP that has no invincibility and is on the ground. Bang's autoguard isn't always a successful counter and 2B has a Really weird hitbox. I've hit airborn opponents behind me with it.

I should have a post dedicated to it, I usually have the critiquing thread for it.

I should have a post dedicated to it, I usually have the critiquing thread for it.

That is an actually video archive? I thought it was for just...well critique thread. I do not know much about Non-Japanese Tagers, I have all the junk PK and Jourdal post to go through. I am really lazy, not looking at the Amureeckan and European Tagers much.

AC > 6C link is retardedly easy now.

Next thing for me is to constantly remind myself there is a 6A > 4D gatling <_______________<

That is an actually video archive? I thought it was for just...well critique thread. I do not know much about Non-Japanese Tagers, I have all the junk PK and Jourdal post to go through. I am really lazy, not looking at the Amureeckan and European Tagers much.

Yes we have a video archive.

I like it and I just don't have the time to update it at the moment.

Link: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13384-The-Iron-Tager-CSX-Video-critique-thread

[ATTACH]1576[/ATTACH]

Now with combo calculator. Enjoy your science.

Manta I love you right now.

Alright keep a eye out in the match up forums I am doing a Arakune write up.

I will also do the wiki.

I am hoping to finish the wiki in one fell swoop.

I keep forgetting that reset where they tech behind Tager and he hits them with 2B/5B. How did it go? I keep thinking 3C > GF whiff but that's not it...