Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CS2] Hazama Vs. Mu 12

Matchup Ranking: 5.5-4.5 in Hazama's favor

Recommended Playstyle: Agressive, Zoning is a so so option in this match. I would recommend sticking to close range combat as much as possible. (Watch out for those damn C normals we closing in)

General Strategy: Use your chains to fly in quickly and close to distance. DO NOT LET HER SET UP THE STEIN FORTRESS (Hazama is a hater, he will be kept out). This match up is in your favor until those pesky steins go up making it alot harder for Hazama to do his thing freely.

Your Best Tools (For This Matchup): Chains are good pokes against her setting up her steins, but always pay attention to the stein placement as you may get clipped by one flying in to start offense. (knowledge of good chain movement will be required in this match against a good Mu)

3C is your best ground poke in this match, but the majority of this match will be a dog fight unless Hazama gets a knock down.

2C AA will beat out all of her jump ins (MU does not have a deep jump in)

Has A DP?: YES! It has auto guard making it incredibly annoying to beat out. Also, it knocks you the full screen away forcing Hazama fly past the stein fortress to begin offense again. Also it's not in CH state for very long so you must be on the ball if you're going to try and punish it with 3C.

Things To Look Out For:

Mu's 2C AA DO NOT GET HIT BY THIS MOVE! Bait it, Block it, dodge it, but do not get hit. It is an amazing anti air and the hitbox even goes behind her. If you do get CH by this move expect to take 5K and have some steins on top of you.

6C ALSO ANOTHER MOVE NOT TO GET HIT BY! Pay attention to your position when shooting chains and make sure you aren't within 6C range. This fatal counter is probably one the the nastiest I've ever seen.

Watch dem primers, Mu is exceptional at guard breaks (especially the Mu God). Keeping an eye on your primers is essential in this match as Hazama only has 4 primers and you will be blocking alot from full screen.

iirc, if you touch Mu lasers don't come out at you. Hitting her before the shot goes active or moving really fast and forcing her to block will stop her stein disruption.

Stein explosion is really really active and will hold you down for a while.

Bait DP? Bait DP again.

Both hits of her 6B are overhead.

Ball special doesn't dissipate, and will really fuck up trying to move in on her.

Trying to Mizuchi her steins is rather difficult, I wouldnt recommend trying it. If you have the meter try to knock her out of the startup of giant laser special.

Giant laser special > buttons. If she starts playing starcraft just hold that shit and force her to make a move.

Pressure her with a lot of anti jump strings. Most Mus won't feel comfortable playing up close. Expect them to hold up-back and mash on DP if you've gotten in on them.

If you have 100 heat, use Mizuchi rapid when she tries to set up Stein fortress for 4.9k and you get your heat back. Mizuchi rapid combo is strongly recommended in this matchup.

Oh yeah I forgot about arrows of heaven. Yeah that ball is super annoying but do not worry if you fly into it, as she can't get a good combo off of it, but watch out for grab set ups afterword.

Also stein explosion is a great starter be careful not to get hit by them.

If you have 100 heat, use Mizuchi rapid when she tries to set up Stein fortress for 4.9k and you get your heat back. Mizuchi rapid combo is strongly recommended in this matchup.

I personally don't like Mizuchi in this match up. It's a big risk that I feel like you don't have to take because if you wiff it you're going to get smacked by Mu's 6C. But it's still a viable option.

I personally don't like Mizuchi in this match up. It's a big risk that I feel like you don't have to take because if you wiff it you're going to get smacked by Mu's 6C. But it's still a viable option.

I bait her command laser move (236D) with it all the time and have a 100% success with it. I'll try uploading my match with Zeromus so I can show some things that are effective in this matchup.

Aslo, you shouldn't be using Mizuchi in her 6C range. You should be using it from fullscreen as she has no way to punish it.

She can always do the command laser right off the ground to dodge Mizuchi, with the steins popping you out of anything else you do during the startup. Many Mu's have a bad habit of doing it during fullscreen knockdown or the like, but against Arakune and Hazama, you really need to do it in the air.

She can always do the command laser right off the ground to dodge Mizuchi, with the steins popping you out of anything else you do during the startup. Many Mu's have a bad habit of doing it during fullscreen knockdown or the like, but against Arakune and Hazama, you really need to do it in the air.

Mizuchi hits enemies above the ground too. About a Ragna hitbox off the ground. It's been a reliable tool for me so far. And Mizuchi has invincibility frames which is the reason it's such a good punish for Mu laser fortress building.

Sorry I meant projectile invul. Since we were talking about Mu's lasers, I thought it'd be obvious. Wanted to make sure no one gets confused.

I meant higher up, like the same height one would perform actions at to slip between Lambda 6d and 5d.

Hmm, the only other thing I have to add to the matchup is that she can special cancel steins into dp during the superflash of both Hazama's supers.

Also watch out for guard breaks when Mu has you in a corner and don't mash buttons. She takes guard primers faster than goddamn Tager on turbo with triple rapid.

More or less what works in this matchup. Notice how insanely terrifying it was being in the corner against Mu. I was hanging on to barrier guard to not get guard crushed every moment. Get out of the corner if you can and Mizuchi rapid is a big helper if you time the Mizuchi correctly.

What can we do against her if she backdashes on her wake up?

I found that meaty 5C beats it, but I feel that while possible, there isn't much time to confirm into 3C>214D~A, so we have to commit to dash5C>3C>... to be able to punish it.

Buuuuuut, I also found this OS:

after 214D~A, iad j.3b~a (and hold).

if she wakes up shoryu barrier comes out (and we can punish afterward), if she backdashes (I think it also works on backward roll) j.B tags her.

Of course such setup doesn't provide us much (if anything at all) if she goes for forward roll or neutral tech.

What do you guys do?

Is her backdash the definite answer to Hazama's mix ups?!

Murakumo backdashes are great. Generally though, if you j6D in your pressure, they will get punished. That's probably the safest way to bait backdash.

About that OS... I don't get it. I'll check it out to see how it works.

Murakumo backdashes are great. Generally though, if you j6D in your pressure, they will get punished. That's probably the safest way to bait backdash.

About that OS... I don't get it. I'll check it out to see how it works.

I know about j.6D, but as I said, I'm mostly interested in wake up backdashes since it seems to be a really strong way to escape oki.

As for the OS...I'm not sure how I could have explained it better, but I'll try again.

After a 214D~A knockdown:

IAD j.3b~a (hold a AND b, you could probably just do a+b, no need to piano the input)

You should input b~a after the airdash is "done" (as in, it's possible to do barrier).

It works because if we IAD and she emergency tech/mashes something on her wake up we are crossing her up and the game interprets the input as j.1a+b (aka barrier).

If she backdashes she'll be in front of Hazama, therefore the game will not interpret the j.3a+b as barrier, but as j.B.

That's a nice sounding OS. Does 5d work at all? It might seem kind of obvious but i'm not sure if it's fast enough, I couldn't find the frame data for her backdash

More or less what works in this matchup. Notice how insanely terrifying it was being in the corner against Mu. I was hanging on to barrier guard to not get guard crushed every moment. Get out of the corner if you can and Mizuchi rapid is a big helper if you time the Mizuchi correctly.

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3roWsAbqqPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Txxzd452E

Skip to the Hazama and Mu match. Added more. It's no longer only the first. What you linked is netplay. :v:

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3roWsAbqqPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Txxzd452E

Skip to the Hazama and Mu match. Added more. It's no longer only the first. What you linked is netplay. :v:

YO! bad example, this mu is ASS.

I should go get C0R to list the things this Mu did completely wrong and what she should be doing in the match up.

Why isn't the Mu doing the 100% guard primer eater oki?

Lol.

Also that Mu is... eh.

Quick Tech Stance Flash Kick midscreen.

Yo.

YO! bad example, this mu is ASS.

I should go get C0R to list the things this Mu did completely wrong and what she should be doing in the match up.

I kinda just pulled the first two results that said Hazama vs. Mu. I figured whatever was on here would be better than netplay. :<

I kinda just pulled the first two results that said Hazama vs. Mu. I figured whatever was on here would be better than netplay. :<

Sadly, Japanese are human too. I think LK told us that.

This matchup never felt difficult really. Just alot of avoiding C-range and remembering about her DP.