Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

Eddie vs. Anji

need help vs anji plz its like the whole match is now dictated by his 236h... he's like a different kind of baiken... need to attack him in a very different way

need help vs anji plz

its like the whole match is now dictated by his 236h...

he's like a different kind of baiken... need to attack him in a very different way

Well, I don't know anything about Eddie or Eddie matchup, but Anji can use 236H to reversal out of Invite Hells, so be sure to watch out for that.

I also would love it if something were posted in this thread. For being such a low-tier character, Anji seems to give me a pretty rough time. I face-palmed when I looked at the Tier Info thread and found a person who listed one of Anji's pros as "Does pretty well against Eddie." What strategies should I be aiming for when playing aginst him? What do I do when I find myself in the corner, with a butterfly over my head and his high/low mixups being thrown at me? What is the best way to break out of this?

I also would love it if something were posted in this thread.

For being such a low-tier character, Anji seems to give me a pretty rough time. I face-palmed when I looked at the Tier Info thread and found a person who listed one of Anji's pros as "Does pretty well against Eddie."

What strategies should I be aiming for when playing aginst him?

What do I do when I find myself in the corner, with a butterfly over my head and his high/low mixups being thrown at me? What is the best way to break out of this?

Anji actually has a fairly decent match against the best character in the game, think it's 5.5/4.5 eddie. So that means if you kids don't get your eddie shit straight you might die to Anji!

Why Anji is good:

1. Auto-guarding pressure: Although it's tough, Anji can autoguard shit in the middle of little eddie pressure due to 6k and 3k being 1 frame autoguards. So... Basically this means on wake-up always go for the unblockable against Anji if you have the tension and stuff. During pressure just be cautious and don't get too repetitive because Anji will lay you out if you rep the same string too much. A good Anji will try to flash block the first hit of little eddie kick then 6K the next hit and cancel to K autoguard special. So this makes him a threat to Eddie. Kind of like Baiken.

2. Fujinn: This is just a good move. With lots of invincibility frames on startup it's a horizontal shoryu. So basically you're going to look for ways to stop this. Drills are the answer. Just randomly place them on Anji's wake up. If they are already active Anji cannot Fujinn through them. It takes the right spacing and the right placement. You'll discover that sweet spot and time eventually though.

3. Superjump: Anji's Superjump is amazing and allows him to chase a flying eddie. Anji's j.K is also very active and will beat Eddies kick often, because of the way Anji's hitbox is. Superjump is not eddie's friend. j.D is also very Anti-Eddie.

4. This is something you can't do much about, but Anji can easily combo eddie. Which is something the rest of the cast has a harder time with.

5. Anji's pressure: Eddie doesn't have a lot to do against the pressure that Anji brings. There are some general things you should do against Anji with every character, but most characters have specific things anji must bait. Not Eddie, it's just the regular stuff. Makes it easy for us Anji players once we get Eddie on lock.

So hopefully that helps a bit. I just told you all what to watch for. So :p

2. Fujinn: This is just a good move. With lots of invincibility frames on startup it's a horizontal shoryu. So basically you're going to look for ways to stop this. Drills are the answer. Just randomly place them on Anji's wake up. If they are already active Anji cannot Fujinn through them. It takes the right spacing and the right placement. You'll discover that sweet spot and time eventually though.

I have yet to see a wakeup reversal fujin NOT go through a meaty drill. I say use Eddie's command grab against Fujin. This goes for any character with a command grab honestly though.

As far as I see it the reason Eddie has advantage in this matchup is because of his higher damage output due to his unblockables (puddle is better than drill+spit unblockables on anji). That's about it really, pretty fair match.

I have yet to see a wakeup reversal fujin NOT go through a meaty drill.

Yes this is why we place the drill in front of Anji instead of directly on his body. I didn't want to say this because I wanted to at least make eddie players work for it a bit.

Also Anji cannot reversal through FB drill. Sorry bro. You can try all day and you can't do that shit.

I'll have to try this with the drill as far in front as possible like you said cause I've certainly gone through FB drills on wakeup numerous times and seen it in videos as well.

I'll have to try this with the drill as far in front as possible like you said cause I've certainly gone through FB drills on wakeup numerous times and seen it in videos as well.

Try it.

If timed and placed right any drill, especially FB drill wins.

Fuujin has like 12 frames of invincibility on startup, and the invincibility is gone before Anji projects forward. Drills are active for lots of frames. I don't remember how many.

if you need help in figuring it out, just find Jais. He'll tell you how to do it.

I would but I'm busy with schoolwork and making a combo vid for another game (and practicing yet another one) so I haven't played GG in weeks. I'll get to it in a few days maybe. If you can find it in a video that would save me time though, cause I never seen it happen.

Anji is a piece of annoying **** to fight as when you're ED to me. His pressuring is unbelievable, most of the combos I face take me to the corner and I'm jus blocking. Your best bet to get out of his combos is 2P 2S, of course after you successfully poke your way out using 2P. After that IAD like there's no tomorrow and try to start up. Place 22S drills for comfort, and both drills when you can. Make sure to place a drill in front of anji, as anji's like to try for a reversal with fuujin, but the drill in front guarantees they get hit. Auto-guard is VERY annoying. I try to go for the 623S grab a lot. And always summon when you're safe, then proceed to anji using btl and try to nobiru or mawaru him. btl + sentry = your best friend vs. anji. Too bad I'm switchin to HOS, but anji gives me too hard a time as ED, it's like 3-4 wins, then i get a win, then 3-4 wins for anji. He's memorized my play and combo with ED, I need to mix it up a little with different characters. *Forgot to Add* Anji's 6P is a VERY good anti-air attack, so if you're playing against a good anji i'd caution about flying and kicking on touchdown. If the Anji you're up is using that shadow gallery. Shadow gallery is a great move and catches em off-guard. Although it sucks when I was grabbed out of a shadow gallery as soon as I was about to come out -_-.