Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

Tecmo Koei just announced Dead or Alive 5 is coming to the PlayStation 3 and 360 in 2012. No other details other than the below images have been shared during Tecmo Koei’s Tokyo Game Show presentation.

2109.jpg

2110.jpg

i'm crazy hype for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD0k3D-T3pM&feature=feedu

All I got to say about this is, Jann Lee? On MY PS3? FINALLY!

Also am I only one here who thought they were done with main consoles after 4?

Damn I wanted to make the thread for this :<

Still hyped, I wonder what all they're changing since Itagaki is no longer involved...and as bad as it is

I want them to actually advance the story this time, I haven't played 4's redux story from Dimensions but it was terrible in the original.

Hopefully they go back to Dead or Alive 2:Ultimate's engine and rework themselves from there.

Hmm....

From the looks so far it seems they are more focused on everything BUT the characters...Hayate's new costume is cool and all but aside from that and that little super move not much was different with either character. The possibility for stage damage and more environmental hazards looks like a bigger focus at the moment. Too bad they didn't let us see the conclusion, it seems you might be able to do something when about to be knocked off stage/out of the ring (Danger Zone from the original DoA).

I'm not sure how I feel about these nods at new focal points, I love both Tekken and DoA for not needing flashy super attacks (it almost killed my hype for SCIV, but then I realized how rarely you'll actually get a Critical Finish). I'll remain optimistic for now cause I've been clamoring for a new DoA, especially one on the PS3, but...WHERE THE HELL IS CODE CHRONUS!?!?!

Oh yeah, in case anyone wanted it, a hi-res of the Kasumi (?) poster

It looks great! Wish they would have shown the whole match though. Also is it wrong that I was expecting Kasumi and Ayane jiggling their breasts everywhere for the first trailer? :kitty:

Is that some more SSF4 announcer/Tager I hear?

Anyway, I seriously hope for this game they do 3 things.

1.) Balance this shit properly. DOA4 was a fucking mess, especially with there being a Ninja Tier instead of a God Tier. Ninjas wrecked everyone else.

2.) Have DOAU netcode or just make it better than DOA4/DOAD's trash netcode.

3.) Give us more than 8 costumes for each character. Seriously, this isn't 2006. We've come far enough to warrant at least 20 costumes per character or more depending on how they disperse them among the characters.

4.) Bring back the ability to rewind replays so I can see Bass doing it doggy style to Ayane.

i expect venus, fortune and the other swimsuits of this type as alt costumes for the girls :kitty:

I don't see what people sees in DOA2. I had it for DC and liked it, but it was far from being "balanced".

IMO DOA3 was a right step into trying to balance this. DOA4 was backwards though lol

as long as mah lei fang and mah kokoro there, i may get :kitty:

Man this game doesn't interest me at all.... DoA is by far the worst 3d series to try to do competitively and bay far the most fun to watch. But all this video did was show me the sweet stages that are gonna DESTROY the reality of online play.....

Oh wow, that actually looks pretty cool. I am thinking since it's just a PV it has those camera effects, but the gameplay maybe is not going to have the camera moving like that.

really hope the camera doesn't move like that, i get dizzy pretty easily -_-

Damn it. I keep waiting for DoA to give me SOMETHING. SOME REASON to even PRETEND that I like these games. This series is just not allowed to be made for me.