Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

Heca, you never disappoint ~!

Costume is awesome!

Play-style seems a little jagged... but I've run with Ayane for years now, I can get use to another straight-forward set-up.

lol, on a side note.. is it just me, or does her alternate remind you a lot of Panserchu.

I forgot Dustloop actually has a thread for DOA here. Very nice.

Heca, you never disappoint ~!

Costume is awesome!

Play-style seems a little jagged... but I've run with Ayane for years now, I can get use to another straight-forward set-up.

Ayane is not a straight forward character at all. Characters like Genfu, Ein and Rachel are straight forward.

EDIT: Anyone here live in the Los Angeles area (or SoCal in general) interested in attending a tournament for DOA5U next Saturday?

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/12-28-2013-socal-doa-tournament-its-a-wonderful-fight-inglewood-ca.3836/

If anyone is also interested in some offline casuals, quite a few of us SoCal regulars get together on weekends and sometimes during the week. We're always looking into expanding our play group and I'm personally always looking into reaching out to more players to get active in the scene.

Apparently Marie is coming to consoles in Spring and new(?) features coming in February.

Finally an excuse to buy something for this game. I lost interest when the free rotation switched from Jann Lee.

My goodness, couldn't they at least have given this one a scar or short hair so we could tell the difference between her and the original? At least Alpha-152 is a violent floating mass of mouthwash lol. I'm beginning to hate cloning as much as time loops when it comes to lazy plot devices.

Great. ANOTHER Kasumi clone. We already have a complete Kasumi who has all her moves from every game in the series, as well as a playable Alpha-152. What could possibly be so different about this one?

Also I don't think this is the one that transforms into all the other ninjas, as there doesn't seem to be anything in the screenshots showing her transforming.

My goodness, couldn't they at least have given this one a scar or short hair so we could tell the difference between her and the original?

She wouldn't be a "clone" then :kitty:

Also I don't think this is the one that transforms into all the other ninjas, as there doesn't seem to be anything in the screenshots showing her transforming.

Honestly, I'd be more offended by this . . .

Honestly I am kind of excited about AP4 (Apa?) because I played Kasumi in 2 and really gravitated away from her since (while still liking her in general) plus they say she's like hiding attacks under cloak and has "stealth" attacks, so if they can make her fun and interesting (come on, Rachel and Momiji are essentially Amalga-Clones too) then I welcome her. Plus, it's not like this hasn't been a LOOONG time coming, still surprised they never added "Swindler" back in 2.

Also cloak sounds like it is key to her gameplay, so maybe no slutty outfits \o/

She wouldn't be a "clone" then :kitty:

I'm pretty sure things like visibly different clones do exist within other works of fiction but that would be the exception to the rule so yeah that's true. I'm just annoyed they found another way to rehash Kasumi lol.

Clearly:

Alpha-152 = Kyo-1/2

Alpha Phase 4 = KUSANAGI

K = K' :kitty:

I'm not even mad, clones of all definition of the word have been apart of fighters for some time, and they've been pretty smart with the balancing and distinction of similar characters in 5 so I say bring on the Kasumi army! Also like I said, I've been expecting

and wanting[/spoiler this since 2's "Swindler", I was actually zeta disappointed with 152 in 4, and after 5's lul story was sad we didn't get a new clone. But that fly bastard Teccoei already had me covered~

Yay the return of Kasumi a.

She'll play like old Kasumi with Alpha-152 teleports.

Now somebody needs to edit Marie Rose's voice into Noel in their videos. Just have her go, "Yay I beat you!" lol

I lol'd so hard after hearing Noel's voice in Marie's mouth hahaha xD.

Yeah, same here, lol. Anyways, since no one mentioned yet, Marie will be out 3/25 and 3/26 (spaced between PS3/360 versions.), for $6, so yeah, not free...>_>

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/marie-rose-coming-dead-alive-5-ultimate-march-25th-west/

Speaking of, its either this or CP, eh, I can multitask with both, I guess...>_>