Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

Real talk, main reason I'm playing the game at this point is 'cause Nyotengu got announced.

Same here. Tengu has been my main since DOA2 Ultimate on the Original Xbox, and I waited so long after dropping DOA4 for him to come back. His design and his style set him far apart from the crowd of ninjas and wrestlers.

It's nice to know that Nyotengu shares her predecessor's penchant for flash and style.

So is Phase 4 as broken as she looks? And is she even fun to play? I wanna know before I spend $6.00 for her.

She's okay, and by okay, I imply she's just that and nothing more. Her neutral is borderline terrible. i9/i12/i12 is very good speed, but it doesn't exactly do the character a lot of justice when her string variation is poor. Any string past neutral PP puts her at risk, even the 6P itself is a risk on block. That free cancel can be thrown on reaction on block (offline), simply because there are no follow ups past 6P that you have to be afraid of. She doesn't haven't any string low variants like Kasumi, except for PP2K. And honestly, that's so easy to see. Her 3P is not a neutral poke at all, it's throw punishable at -8. Blocking this character correctly puts her in a very awful position. As Phase 4, and versus players that have a brain, she's going to struggle a lot in the neutral.

She's going to be heavy on P, PP, 2P, K/KK, PP2K, and 6P in the neutral. Moreso with P and 2P because even her KK on block is a risk, you're already going to hit her low since there's no mid or low variant there. (if her 2P wasn't +0 on neutral hit, she would be god awful). Tick throwing, and just throwing more in general will have to be part of how she's going to open you up, more often than not. She will need counter hits more than anything else to get her offense started.

Once she can actually start her offense in threshold, she's actually quite good. The teleport transitions on hit confirm are strong for mix up. And her damage is excellent. But she is that kind of character that has her work cut out for her when things are neutral. She's not going to be aggressive, that'll get her killed, and fast. Phase 4 players will need to develop some patience and learn to be defensive more often to get anything started.

Also, if anyone would like to play, I have DOA5U on both 360 and PS3. I'm down for playing sets with anyone.

So is Phase 4 as broken as she looks? And is she even fun to play? I wanna know before I spend $6.00 for her.

DL needs a LMAO button so i don't need to post how hillariously bad i find your post.

I'm also a member on FreeStepDodge (FSD), so of course I had to make a post in the DOA5 thread. Eliot main, Ayane sub. Also use various characters, including Brad Wong, Tina Armstrong, Lisa Hamilton/La Mariposa, Jacky Bryant, and Ein. DOA5U is currently my most played fighting game at the moment. Love the mechanics and it's beautiful to boot.

She'll likely be bundled with whatever her theme music is in arcades.

Won't her theme be the one they used in her reveal trailer? I actually liked that theme. Would actually love to get another new stage, even if it's a remake of a classic stage.

Won't her theme be the one they used in her reveal trailer? I actually liked that theme. Would actually love to get another new stage, even if it's a remake of a classic stage.

I don't know, but i'd imagine it was, as that was the case for Marie Rose and Phase-4. As for another stage, if we're remaking old stages, I want that stage from DOA2U where you could knock them out of a clocktower and into a cathedral.

This was already hinted at when they first announced Marie for consoles, they said that once all the additional characters were done they would have a new release, of course we assumed it to be for just PS3/360 back then.

I just want to know if Tenga is going to be the last character? Also if you're talking about the costume DLC, lololol good luck with getting all of that [though why would you want to :v: ]

From their statement shortly after Marie was announced, yes, we can assume there will be a bundle outside of just buying Last Round. They said they could have waited to finish all the character and release them but wanted to give fans the chance to try them out ASAP. They were very transparent about bundle/Last Round being available later, but they said this would likely be 6+ months later.

Man, can't wait to own a next gen and play the same games I'm playing right now on my old console...

btw there is going to be a bundle with the 3 DLC characters soon, I'm glad I waited.

http://twitpic.com/eaw8ex

i want an discount since i have marie :arg:

This game is my ultimate guilty pleasure, lol. I saw it had Jacky and I had to try it.

They gave him back my favorite move from vanilla VF5, 6P+G~2, though it's a hold now. Nothing quite like holding the other guy during a stun combo, then getting perfect positioning for any mixup you can possibly imagine lol.

Also, nothing quite like fucking with people's reactions mid-stun combo. I'm partial to landing iaigeri early so they can't play the hold game, but obviously there will be situations where they can hold iaigeri. No problem, just G cancel early and land a Hi-Counter knee strike. Once they catch on to that, I just maximize damage and end in 3P+K P+G.

Besides having an easy version of my favorite 3DF character, this game is pretty intriuging. In many ways it's remarkably modern, and yet in so many others it's stuck in 1996.

NyoTengu (+ Catalog) and Character Bundle DLC also up on 360, but update/patch is until the day after. As usual...