Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fugu

[CS2] Litchi vs. Carl

Listen carefully and watch Carl. Once you read how they like to use nirvana - you will be psychic and they will be freaked. If you can listen you can make better choices when getting in.

Beware off-screen Volante. Try not to let Carl Sandwich you in. Always remember where Nirvana is.

Carl hates Reach-B. You might like staffless in this.

Staff cover very strong in this match - Carl loses Nirvana's command on block.

turtle the fuck out of him

time outs are likely unless you make a mistake and get unblockabled to death

against weaker carls, you can make liberal use of 6c > 5d or 3c > 5d against the sister. they really like doing fork > airdash in and volante airdash in. preemptive itsuu is all right.

carl jB is 5F, so once it's out, it just wins. stop airdash jB's by doing a rising jB of your own. doing 5B[m]> jB[m] or almost any staff normal (i prefer 2c cause it's fast and has good range) > rising jB will stop reckless approaches from carl

putting the stick down is all right, but against a strong carl it isn't too good. . . . the sister has moves that super armor, so if you try 3c > 5d she'll just super armor it and then you're getting bodied

os dp works very well against him, 421A+B+D to stop crossup j2C's.

matchup is very momentum based, to say the least.

I'm starting to lose out to a Carl more recently - I am looking for ways to avoid damage from his jump ins, and it seems his pressure always goes longer than I try to block, and I end up getting continually jumped in on and sandwiched on escape.

I really wish I could record our matches, since we play often - we think we are evenly skilled, but his combos are really solid and maybe he's just used to my really good reads for ada and neutral game, since I never get to set the pace of the match.. I don't know.

Back again - Carl has definitely overtaken me at this point. I really need a way to shut down the jumpins and low-hits from hitting me without getting pressured so much. I wish I could show vids, but I don't have any. It's really frustrating because I'm winning less and less. I am SALTY.