Sign in to follow this  
rtl42

Video Recording and Movie Making Discussion

Hey guys, I'd like everyone to use this thread for asking any questions or makign any comments (tutorials? :grin:) about how you record videos and how you make combo movies. I'm also going to keep this thread stickied instead of having 3 or 4 loosely-related threads scattered throughout the board (and constantly referring people to those obscure threads). We just pruned all threads older than 18 months old, so we lost a couple of good threads. I'll try to have the information re-posted soon. There are also a few combo movie makers that hang around this forum, so hopefully they will stop by and drop a few helpful suggestions now and then :grin:

Fenrir: I *think* Windows Movie Maker 2 can do the job for you. It will definitely compile the clips together (unless it can't open the files for some reason), and I think you can add your own audio track. I can't help much more than that, though.

there are many progs that can do simple editing. it only depends on what you expect from your video. windows movie maker is sufficient enough, but if you want more advance(fancy) effects you'll need a better video editing software. personally I like 'premiere pro 2' and 'avid xpress', but they cost a lot of money. on the other hand there is 'sony vegas 6' which many beginners prefer. if you want some really cool effects you'll need to get programs like 'after effects', but learning those will take you a big chunk of time. good luck

are capture cards the best way to record what your doing, and also while im here what program is best to make a video with. Also is a capture card expensive? yah, thats pretty much it, i have some retarded things i would like to record, but nothing to record it on.

are capture cards the best way to record what your doing, and also while im here what program is best to make a video with.

Also is a capture card expensive?

yah, thats pretty much it, i have some retarded things i would like to record, but nothing to record it on.

i really use an ARCHOS (archos.com) a small multi-media that can record from TV easilly, i use it for everything.

for programs,, i first used "WMM" (windows movie maker) , in my 2nd video i used "Ulead", their both nearlly the same but WMM is much easier and faster but you can't customize everything as you like, i think "Adobe Premiere" is the best but in the same time hard to use.

Does anyone have experience recording from an arcade cabinet? Turning on the volume for the machine seems to interfere with video capturing. It causes the video cam to black out every now and then. I've spoken to the arcade technicians but they can't seem to find a solution. Anyone can help with this?

Could someone please tell me the name of a good capture card and if possible a site where I can order it from. I've been planing on makeing a cm for some time now but I have no idea what capture card I need.

This may be somewhere to start:

i really use an ARCHOS (archos.com) a small multi-media that can record from TV easilly, i use it for everything.

Also (from linked thread in my first post):

my way:

i did buy for 30euros dazzle* digital video creator80 to record anything from my ps2 then i edit with adobe premiere pro

Here is the process I'm using. We get all of our source video from a DV-R, which we actually purchased for Slash. ^_^ After that, I use a program like DVD Decrypter to yank the DVD to my HDD, then I use Gordian Knot to get the footage in .avi format. After that, I use Adobe Premier Pro 2 to edit the match vids. Simple, no capture card required.

I know it's kinda late bringing this back up from a closed topic, it's based on a product someone suggested sometime in the past, the adaptec gamebridge.. No one actually checked it out and being a cheap college kid needed an economic space saving way to watch tv and play games.. I found the gamebridge for 25 dollars, figured I couldn't go wrong. However I found one main prob with it and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Eventually everything did run smoothly with tv and recording and whatnot but there's the problem of the framerate dropping while I'm playing and some lag behind button pushes and on screen representation. As a result I could only land full combos maybe 10 percent of the time. Is this because of the data transfer over USB2.0 being so slow? Or is it something else? Either way hope this quick opinion helped whoever was interested. If you want it like I said, it's dirt cheap... *EDIT*- Just in case someone didnt realise the relevance of this post- it can't be good for movie making unless the players can play their best.

Can anyone recomend me any program for editiong the video?

For me it's Pinnacle studio 10. Any others idea ???

so i have everything i want recorded onto my cassete, yes those big ass tapes. how the hell can i convert that into adobe premere so i can edit it?

eh that wasn't really the question. you need a capture device (or AIW ATI card can do it) and use some kind of software to record the tapes as AVI from VCR. there should be software included with AIW cards to do it. otherwise just use google to find one. and Final Cut pro pwnz Premiere, if you can get an access to Mac then I suggest switching.

Well, we´re about buying a capture for recording matches and combos in good quality. What do we exactly need? Equipment, wires... Something that don´t exceed the 200$ (in conversion to €) and that could be easy to find in europe. Lot´s of thx.

I'd like to see someone put notations for combos in a subtitles track.

Watch it normally, then if there's a combo you can't quite figure out; turn the subtitles on and see the notations. Well, it seems like a good idea to me. :eng101:

Sign in to follow this