Sign in to follow this  
rtl42

Video Recording and Movie Making Discussion

they used to do something like that with the CMs from this one site, but it was kinda awful to watch because then the transcription took up about half the screen, top and bottom x( but subtitles would definitely fix that...

they used to do something like that with the CMs from this one site, but it was kinda awful to watch because then the transcription took up about half the screen, top and bottom x( but subtitles would definitely fix that...

You mean the GGWonderful site?

They need to make more vids~

If anyone else is using DVD's as a source media, then editing match vids in Adobe Premier Pro 2.0 is fucking cake. Just rename the .vob file to .mpg and Premier will open it. After recording a DVD I can have a segment edited and encoded in about 10 minutes. This option costs a few bucks, but it's high quality and n00bishly simple.

Can anyone tell me if Ulead Video Studio 7 SE is any good, and if it works properly on Vista? It seems to be quite cheap, and I don't need to do anything particularly advanced. Windows Movie maker is just dreadful. The output quality drops a ton whenever you resize the video to be quite small, and I'd rather output in DivX avi rather than wmv.

For recording, if u got a powerful PC u can use PS2 emulation (PCSX2) to play and record to hard disk at the same time on the one computer, so no cables/capture cards/camcorders/dvd recorder/whatever or a real PS2 for that matter is necessary. I use Sony Vegas for editing. Powerful but clean quick interface.

anyone know good way make video smaller while still being good quality? Im useing windows media maker for my video its basicly done, but unfortantly video always seems to come out in teh hundreads of megs catagory and its only like 5 half mins. =[ I know no how make small, me dum. =[ I can make smaller but then it is omega shit poop.

anyone know good way make video smaller while still being good quality? Im useing windows media maker for my video its basicly done' date=' but unfortantly video always seems to come out in teh hundreads of megs catagory and its only like 5 half mins. =[ I know no how make small, me dum. =[ I can make smaller but then it is omega shit poop.[/quote']

well if it's for youtube, stick with 320x240? and make it wmv. Then it should only take up about 20ish megs or so. ^-^

I'm quite lost after browsing through the sea of vid cams and camcorders online. Any specific vidcams or camcorders which allows for direct feed at a reasonable price please?

where can i find a *working* link to nehle's encoding guide? and also how do i convert 3rca into 6rca?

Ok imtrying to record some matches but i got this problem: Im using TV iUSB device and when im the rec screen either work smoothly but only with black and white colors or it got colors but the screen is kinda jumpy any help on this one

what should i use for capturing video off of the PC #R? fraps works like crap whenever someone bursts, so yeah... if you can tell me how to make fraps work better or if there's another program...help would be appreciated

Ok guys I got this: I'm planing to record the matches in my laptop with a web cam, but since is a web cam I think that the quality is not going to that fine like a video camera. The question is: Is there a program that could record the matches in a good quality ?? Does have the web cam influence in the quality?? Can anyone help me with this?.... Thanks

no program can increase a bad quality recording. so, unless you have an awesome webcam, it's going to be, at best, bad quality. (still, sometimes it's better than nothing...)

What would be a good video capture device to use? Ive heard of Dazzel from shishi-rendan.com when they had a thread about recording matches and such, I think it was Dazzel 80 specifically. Is this good to use? Or is there something else that might have better quality?

There are a lot of video capture options that allow direct capture from a Composite cable to USB port on your computer for good quality, here are some examples with pricing:

http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Video-Capture.html

Personally I'm using a GrabBeeX+deluxe from the Taiwanese VideoHome company. (Taiwanese are good at capturing video in the same way as Johnny and May, if you know what I mean. :grin: ) It takes advantage of USB2.0 so it's a bit faster (pricier too however) and they have the drivers that support Windows 2000, XP, and Vista. You can use their GrabBee Application Software to capture, or Windows Movie Maker can capture from the Device once you have it installed. Personally, I use a free video editor called Virtual Dub for capturing and editing but it might be too advanced for the regular user.

Got a good PC (3ghz+ CPU would be good enough)? Use PCSX2 the PS2 emulator and record directly to hard disk, which is what I do.

Microsoft Windows Media Encoder (9?), just do a search for it on MS's home page. VirtualDub works, too, just google it.

Microsoft Windows Media Encoder (9?), just do a search for it on MS's home page.

VirtualDub works, too, just google it.

Thanks, im using WME and it works fine except for the no sound. If it helps im using a VCR to playback the video through the Tv Tuner.

- you're sure the sound on the VCR is okay? - are there any sound settings on the TV tuner that you can fiddle with? (sorry, i've never used the TV Wonder before) - what about your sound card, maybe a compatibility issue with the tuner? (i think that happened to a friend of mine, once) - double-check the sound settings on WME? (i'm just trying to isolate where you're losing the sound) hope someone else knows a bit more to help out, i'm just going by the seat of my pants here.

- you're sure the sound on the VCR is okay?

I connected the VRC to my tv, sound works

- are there any sound settings on the TV tuner that you can fiddle with? (sorry, i've never used the TV Wonder before)

I dont think so, but i wouldnt know where to check

- what about your sound card, maybe a compatibility issue with the tuner? (i think that happened to a friend of mine, once)

The sound card i use is a Creative SB Live, i dont know how to check its compatibility

- double-check the sound settings on WME?

when using WME the options it gave me for audio device is: Default Audio Device, Creative SB Live, and Multchannel Wave Source(which gives me an error message :The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)

(i'm just trying to isolate where you're losing the sound)

hope someone else knows a bit more to help out, i'm just going by the seat of my pants here.

Many thanks, the sound not working isnt really an issue, i mean i can always put crappy anime music to these vids, cause everyone loves it :kitty:

Sign in to follow this