Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CSE] Jin Changelog

So does 6a airhit not bounce anymore?

I was looking forward to that...

I don't think it ever did make the opponent bounce, it does a hard knockdown that gives you enough time to OTG with 2B or something. We just haven't seen it in action. I think that Tetsu was going for it during one of his matches but he missed the 6A.

Yep, Been a bit skeptical about most of the changes.

So far only thing i don't like still is the 6C change along with the Arrow changes (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Oh, woops. I misunderstood then.

I saw that 6a but I just thought he accidentally inputted it while trying to 5a, lol.

It would be awesome if it was still in though.

6a > 3c > 214a corner combos would be sick.

Yeah i know what moy means, he seemed to be trying to see if he could 6A during the 623C untech time.

@Moy, yeah we've played enough times for me to remember lol. CS1 tetsu wasn't heavy on D DP loops...in fact he rarely did them, prefered tetsu special>3C>236C. I don't like the 6C changes but its still just been a few days lol.

Sekkajin has less proration, 2B>B>C>Sekka>6C~ works

so this constantly confuses me but this means sekkajin is better for combos right? if it was worse it would've said that it has lower proration values right? because i know that, that combo 2b>b>c>sekka>6c doesn't work in cs2 and i saw tetsu do something like 2d>6b>dash 5b>5c>sekkajin>6c>214c in cse and i was like :psyduck::psyduck:

also

2C P1(70%), 2C>5C deleted, 2C>6B added

this whole quote makes me sad. i knew about the last 2 but if the first one is true i will be very sad. since we probably can't use 6c as a punish now and 2c's p1 is like 70 than wtf do we do? lol

so this constantly confuses me but this means sekkajin is better for combos right? if it was worse it would've said that it has lower proration values right? because i know that, that combo 2b>b>c>sekka>6c doesn't work in cs2 and i saw tetsu do something like 2d>6b>dash 5b>5c>sekkajin>6c>214c in cse and i was like :psyduck::psyduck:

also

this whole quote makes me sad. i knew about the last 2 but if the first one is true i will be very sad. since we probably can't use 6c as a punish now and 2c's p1 is like 70 than wtf do we do? lol

Yeah, it has lower proration, that is you can continue a combo with Sekkajin more easily in EX. In CS2 you pretty much can't continue after stuff>5B>5C>Sekkajin when it gives the 12th (13th if you go something like j.2C>j.C>5B...) or higher hit in a combo without using something faster than 6C after Sekkajin, while in EX it looks like you can right now. Idk if the proration change for Sekkajin also changed its damage output though or if they changed Sekkajin's base damage per hit accordingly.

I'm with you in not liking 2C P1(70%). I'm really curious how FC combos are going to work if this sticks...everything else I think I have ideas of how they could go. Overall, I don't think Jin's changes so far will hurt him too much, even though he may not do 7k+ anymore without gold bursts.

Apparently you can sekkajin twice in a combo now.

So does doing sekkajin > dash 6C > 2D make 2D hit universally or is it only specific characters?

You could always do two sekkajins in a combo, since CS1. You could do something silly like....CH 5C>sekka>6C>2D>6B>Sekka>5C>A DP.

looks like you have to dash 6c after sekkajin in order for 2d to connect. i can see that not working in lag lol

In a practical combo I meant.

You gotta be more specific lol.

looks like you have to dash 6c after sekkajin in order for 2d to connect. i can see that not working in lag lol

Lol trying that out now so im used to it....as well as jc>ice car after my dash 6C :(.

So without the ability to extensively combo off 6c, what would be an effective b&b off a ch 5c? 5c > 6c dc > j.c > ice car seems like it would work, but I can't imagine that would be the optimal midscreen damage?

I guess, 5c > sekka > 6c > 2d > 6c > ice car?

I wonder if they can do something like 5C CH > 6C > DC > sj.C > j.D > AD > j.2C > j.C > dashing 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C. So far none of the Jins have even attempted to do anything after a mid-screen 6C. They're just like "lol what do I do now?". I only saw one Jin do a pretty nice combo that went something like stuff > 6C > DC > j.C > j.214A > corner stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on the game and find shit out on my own.

That new DP C CH > dashing 5C > 2C > 2D > dashing 6B > 5B > 5C > 3C combo is godlike though. Looks like we don't need to 6C if we can juggle an opponent just close enough to the ground to do 5C > 2C > 2D. Still, I'm hoping that they at least fucking try to do stuff off 6C mid-screen.

Well judging from the vids, 6c> jC looks abit too far for jD not to whiff(might be different for hjC). It's worth trying though and would be nice if that works.

Though yeah, Haven't seen another Jin do that 6C>dash>hjC thing besides Tetsuwo so I guess we have to wait for his next appearance.

Updated the video thread with Rens latest matches (im trying to update it often so check regularly)

lol at using 214Ax2 for corner oki. I guess it's fine against characters that can avoid 214C because of their hit-box.

Haven't been able to look at new videos for a couple days due to hotel internet service being fail.

For a CH 5C, if you can't pull off 5C > 6C > dc > sj.C > stuff and are close enough, I think one option is CH 5C > 6B > Sekkajin > 6C > 2D > dashing 6B > 5B > 5C > 3C > 214B/C.

EDIT: Saw the videos finally. Ren's CH 5C > 6B > dashing 5C > 6C > 2D > dashing 6B > Sekkajin > 6C > 214C looks solid for a CH 5C combo at 3.4k.

They probably have to be crouching though for it to work.

I'm glad that Sekkajin has been buffed this much during the course of the series. Legit double Sekkajin combos ftw.

I'm glad that Sekkajin has been buffed this much during the course of the series. Legit double Sekkajin combos ftw.

i still prefer the j.b vortex from ct over sekkajin

i still prefer the j.b vortex from ct over sekkajin

Agreed, j.B loop was stylish as fuck. Now it's just mash C > get combo.

You can still do DP loop and still looks rewarding, you can dp loop OFF an 214A corner combo.

@Moy and Wing, thats the only reason i like fighting tager...idk why we had to lose that :(

okay, got to play it this weekend at NWM and my initial feelings is that jin is slightly nerfed due to slightly nerfed midscreen damage and weaker abare due to the level reduction on j.C and enemy trajectory after 6C, but overall he's about the same.

corner loops are a little different in taht you need to do 66C instead of 6C after a 623C (or else 623C will whiff) and thanks to 214A wallbounce, you can probably get a decent corner combo when you're near hte corner.

the annoying part is getting out of hte habit of using 6C midscreen since it launches so far. You should be going to sekkajin > whatever combo instead midscreen from now on. you can 6C > 2D when you do it very close to them, but it's not your go-to combo anymore.

2C does indeed have head invul through the 1st active frame, but it certainly doens't feel any faster so be careful with it.

also 623C does not break primer haha.