Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucklemyshoe

Okay

so i'm a casual aba player at best. i think she's really cool but after they butchered her from her Isuka form which I am much fonder of I lost alot of intrest in taking time to improve her. that's been changing lately, thing is I was wonder what are some of her best gattling combo starters? Also does her 2HS FRC serve any real purpose?

well one gattling starter you should get used to is 2K even though it's prorated you can st get good measure from it and it goes into 5S which branches off to a few options. Reading Mohara's Guide help me find the desire to play ABA over the other characters i was checking out and helped me get way better than i was a month ago. So i would say start there

5S is one of ABA's bestest pokes ever. It comes out really quick, has good range, recovery, can combo into 2H or Rekkas, etc. 5H will beat it out for range, but 5S is faster and safer. Keizon is right, Moroha's ABA 101 Guide is a really awesome place to start. It'll tell you all about her normals, basic combos, etc. I usually use the 2H FRC to keep pressure on someone after jacking their guard gauge up or to set up a tick throw attempt. As far as comboing goes, no I don't think FRCing it would be worthwhile. The combos off of regular hit or counter hit are good enough on their own.

so i'm a casual aba player at best. i think she's really cool but after they butchered her from her Isuka form which I am much fonder of I lost alot of intrest in taking time to improve her. that's been changing lately, thing is I was wonder what are some of her best gattling combo starters? Also does her 2HS FRC serve any real purpose?

Best starters are 2K because it's low, 5S because from just the right height it crushes everything, and j.S because you can JC it into another j.S or land with a 2K. 2HS FRC is sickening because it's basically a guaranteed pressure reset / a way to start a new string / mixup right in the other guy's face, and on top of that it's at the end of both 2HS hits so their guard gauge is already getting dangerously high.

2H FRC is also great to bait bursts if you don't wanna risk a Danzai. And I have some funny tricks that involve whiffing it on the opponent's wakeup.

Josh i'm a little confused as what you mean by baiting bursts without risking danzai? To me canceling either hit of 2hs into danzai late enough defeats any burst. 2hs is really to good to be ignored with or without the FRC, without, it can create some good frame traps depending on the character you are going against, and with FRC leads to some of the scariest throw set-ups in GG. Bucklemyshoe it really depends on the situation your in. Obviously if you are in a punishment situation you wouldn't want to start with 2k or 5k due to proration. The "best" combo starter and probably the one you will use the most is 5s. This poke is really too good, and leads to all of her standard combos whether you watn to go with rekkas or 2hs IAD stuff. Me personally, I mostly use 2k or 5k to fill gaps or tick unblockables.

2K, 5S, 236S, 46S, 63214S FRC, 66, 2K, 5S, 2S, butt loop, etc.

or

2K, 5S, 2H, JC 2nd hit, j.s, j.h, j.d, 41236S, 9, j.s, j.h, 41236S.

didnt u leave out a FRC in the second one after the 41236S?