Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

Wanna make Ragna require a bit more execution? Give him Clean Hit on BE, like Sol does on SideWinder.

....works for me

If you are complaining about the executional requirements of a character as a factor of their strength, then you are honestly not at the level where you should be complaining about other characters. If Ragna was "more executionally demanding," but still had the same damage output, he'd be just as powerful as he is now.

However, Ragna's ability to convert random hits into damage is very strong.

i like how nobody responds to one of the only sensible posts in the past few pages

because no one in this forum cares about useful posts

EDIT: for example, you'll notice that this particular sub forum only gets active when people talk about (mostly) useless shit.

Edited by KayEff

we should just go back to street fighter 1 where a single dp would just kill you instantly

I meant a j.A with Makoto's back to the corner. Omni was the one playing Makoto if you're curious. I even checked in the CS2 combo thread, but I didn't see any j.A starter combos. All I'm saying is that I can't make shit like that up.

Ah, j.D can switch sides in CS2. it still needs a corner close range for this to work.

i like how nobody responds to one of the only sensible posts in the past few pages

I had nothing useful to add since it was completely right.

I mean we probably didnt need to go nuts about someone saying "Ragna too gewd", but I mean it is kinda silly to just come in here and say inaccurate stuff and not expect someone to say "No this is what it actually is".

Support your game by supporting it not by making fun of the other games xD

its not so easy if you are alone playing it

And its not "making fun" of the other games but playing it using the dumbest shit ...... image a BB full of arakune and Tao....oh godS I would istaquit

I needed dante's bold cancel 900k dmg and wesker teleport+ironman assist stupid crossunder to force ppl quit vanilla marvel and this wans't even close to the dumbest shit in the game

Edited by Gramas

Nobody responded to it because there was nothing wrong with it.

Mac with dat Persian knowledge.

So we were supposed to respond to something that was clearly right? All it was gonna be was "Yeah I agree."

If anything Airk could have responded, but I think by that point he didn't want to keep talking about it.

MASH5A: Man, the sky is blue. Check it out.

DONT_EXPLAIN: AW SHIT NIGGA U DID IT NOW U DUN GOOFED

MASH5A: Man, the sky is blue. Check it out.

DONT_EXPLAIN: AW SHIT NIGGA U DID IT NOW U DUN GOOFED

When he says something like this...

Replying to it would require that they post something sensible as well.

Yeah I'm gonna say something back.

Replying to it would require that they post something sensible as well.

I liked the good old days of when we didn't need to say sensible things to make sensible things happen.

Guise, why I can't crossunder 2A off 3C Hell's midscreen but can off DID~Punch?

hazama btw.

Welp, it's definitely possible, so I guess you're doing it either too early or too late.

when you crossunder 2A after d.ID wallbounce, if the opponent's back is facing you, then the opponent's tech will bring them forward to you, which makes the crossunder easier as it requires less momentum on your part.

where as opposed to crossunder 2A after hell's 3C is harder because the opponent's tech sends them away from you.

if you're having trouble with crossunder 2A after hell's 3C, try crossunder 2B.

Huh, that's actually pretty cool, wasn't aware of that. So does 2B have a better "push" to it as opposed to 2A that makes it easier or is it just to do with 2B making Ragna's hitbox lower?

Edited by -Seo

Guise, why I can't crossunder 2A off 3C Hell's midscreen but can off DID~Punch?

hazama btw.

Most likely you're doing the 2A too early. It's hard to time but you have to do the 2A late enough so you get your momentum going.

2B might be easier but you should try to use 2A if you can since 2B recovery leaves you at disadvantage.

Did not know that 2B brought him forward enough to use for cross-unders. That's pretty nifty. Thanks KF.

the reason 2B works more often than 2A is that 2B has a lower hitbox, thus there's more leniency as to how late you can perform the move.

what's neat about 2B is that it also beats non emergency techs, and in most cases you can combo with 2B > 5B > 6A, or sometimes 2B > 5B > 5D > dc 6A.

I want to teach my friend how to do this crossunder stuff. How do you do it, just run up and 2B when they're supposed to tech?

And what situations would you have a chance to use it. You wouldn't want to do it in the corner normally since it would put you in the corner instead.

Well, tried on Noel and Jin to no avail... Didn't think it would be THAT hard. No wonder I don't see many going for it.

But the 2B OS against teching, is still useful.

The easiest way is 6A Hell's Fang, because of the reverse tech momentum KF talked about.

But who would sacrifice sure-damage? :L

The two I mainly use is after an ID > wallbound close enough to the corner, and do a quick 2A when they tech instead of going for dash under 3C. Puts them back in the corner providing they're teching, but of course you sacrifice damage and meter from 22C or Hells fang. Pretty easy to block though, unless you do crossover ID straight after, so the guaranteed damage is better in most cases.

The other one is after an airthrow. Pretty simple because of how much momentum you can get, so a 2A will get you under nice and easy. Best used when your back is closer to/in the corner as a midscreen airthrow into any basic combo will put the other player in the corner regardless.

Outside of those two though, you can always use it on someone who delays their tech, but you'd be better off doing 2B>5B>6A>airstuff, providing the proration isn't too heavy.

Edited by -Seo

Sign in to follow this