Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CSE] Carl Changes and Discussion Thread

Is there a way to beat sledge hamer in Sex with Carl? im starting to get anoyed with that move, speacialy now that we don´t have glide throw.

First of all, you'll have to learn the range of it. Once you know he's out of range, wait till he whiffs, then punish with dash 5B or 5C. I don't know if IAD J.B can work in this situation; it seems kinda risky/slow.

You can also use Nirvana as a shield. Wait for Tager to hit Nirvana, then punish him while he's in recovery. There's 2 things you'll have to watch for though:

1) Don't try to punish too early or you'll get hit

2) Watch out for the 2nd part of Sledge Hammer

This is what I think, anyone else have better ideas?

First of all, you'll have to learn the range of it. Once you know he's out of range, wait till he whiffs, then punish with dash 5B or 5C. I don't know if IAD J.B can work in this situation; it seems kinda risky/slow.

You can also use Nirvana as a shield. Wait for Tager to hit Nirvana, then punish him while he's in recovery. There's 2 things you'll have to watch for though:

I usually get hit for trying to punish so early. Thank you!

Match up thread needs to be updated. I will do it if isu doesnnt delete everything I post

Carl throw range longer than his 5B?:

66~5D, 6B~C.

FYI, theres no such thing as kara cancels in this game anymore. You will still see the 6B get cancelled into throw, but it doesnt actually increase any range.

teach me how to beat (Brian's) tager good player sir... mam

Tager matchup: it sucks.

Tager stopped being free to Carl after vivance A nerf =(

although Fermata reset is still pretty free

And i dont know if you guys know this already, but they changed tager's Ds to pull you in during active frames (forgot since when)... so you dont want to use Nirvana if you're magnetized because hitting Nirvana increases active frames of the move (more like hit stop)... I've once been dragged from full screen into tager's fist coz I didnt know lol. It was pretty lawlz.

Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any topics and if not if anybody could give me any ideas on the very basics I would need to know/learn to start playing Carl. I used him in CT and very briefly in CS before moving on to Hazama but I feel like going back to my roots and learning him from scratch again. Any help would be appreciated thanks :D.

Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any topics and if not if anybody could give me any ideas on the very basics I would need to know/learn to start playing Carl. I used him in CT and very briefly in CS before moving on to Hazama but I feel like going back to my roots and learning him from scratch again. Any help would be appreciated thanks :D.

Video CSEX

and this thread

Challenge mode and training mode are also your friends. Everybody is really busy here in the outside world and since there are sooooooooooo few carl players its hard to type up a thread with alot of info so I would just ask here for now

FYI, theres no such thing as kara cancels in this game anymore. You will still see the 6B get cancelled into throw, but it doesnt actually increase any range.

teach me how to beat (Brian's) tager good player sir... mam

Tager matchup: it sucks.

Im pretty sure that the Kara throw still work, i tested it myself.

6B kara throw still works. Use it against B Sledge Hammer if you're within about 2 character widths from Tager (and feeling gutsy as well :v:).

Im getting anoyed by Tager. He just can smash any button and beat all of my normals.. I miss glide toss.

Also doing the loop on tager and end it with UB is hard.

Video CSEX

and this thread

Challenge mode and training mode are also your friends. Everybody is really busy here in the outside world and since there are sooooooooooo few carl players its hard to type up a thread with alot of info so I would just ask here for now

Ok, I have started watching videos and I completed challenge mode a few days ago but I am in training mode right now and having some trouble with one of his setups. In a combo I saw a player do *can't remember the name*a combo that seems to lead into a great looking setup the part I have trouble with is a little late in the combo but it went like this 5B, 2B, 3]D[, 5C, JC, j.A, j.B, j.A. I can't seem to connect the j.A and when I do it is far too high, any thoughts on the timing?

Ok, I have started watching videos and I completed challenge mode a few days ago but I am in training mode right now and having some trouble with one of his setups. In a combo I saw a player do *can't remember the name*a combo that seems to lead into a great looking setup the part I have trouble with is a little late in the combo but it went like this 5B, 2B, 3]D[, 5C, JC, j.A, j.B, j.A. I can't seem to connect the j.A and when I do it is far too high, any thoughts on the timing?

That's carls semi half ass cs2 unblockable setup

By the looks of your notation you're pressing 3d to early

You need to release 3d after j.b

Otherwise they will be in a.... 3d slouching state

That's carls semi half ass cs2 unblockable setup

By the looks of your notation you're pressing 3d to early

You need to release 3d after j.b

Otherwise they will be in a.... 3d slouching state

Yeah that was it thanks for the help again man :D.

So Carl challenge 9, I kinda gave up on that one specifically since the demonstration gets a reset but I always redbeat it...what am I doing wrong here?

For those of you who don't wanna bother to look it up, the challenge is 5B>5C>6D>5A>2A>5A>2A>2B>5B>6B>2D It's supposed to reset at 6B so that the 2D is unblockable. It worked fine in CS2 but I can't do it in CSE...Am I the only one having this problem?

EDIT: I pass the challenge, but that's not what I care about. I want that reset if it supposed to be happening.

So Carl challenge 9, I kinda gave up on that one specifically since the demonstration gets a reset but I always redbeat it...what am I doing wrong here?

For those of you who don't wanna bother to look it up, the challenge is 5B>5C>6D>5A>2A>5A>2A>2B>5B>6B>2D It's supposed to reset at 6B so that the 2D is unblockable. It worked fine in CS2 but I can't do it in CSE...Am I the only one having this problem?

EDIT: I pass the challenge, but that's not what I care about. I want that reset if it supposed to be happening.

You can always delay the gatling to 6B a little bit.

Carl jet jump:

66~5D~629 or 66~5D~6629

If 6,5D,6 works, it has to be fast enough to register as a(nother) 656 (forward dash) -- I wasn't sure if I really got 65D6 or if I spazzed 5D66. The 2 is not necessary; superjump just gives him more hang time. The idea is to "stack" forward dashes such that his forward jump is backed by the speed of about 2x his dash speed - during 5D he slides at about dash speed, then the second forward dash "stacks" its speed onto it. Clears maybe 80% or so screen width in a single bound -- well over full-screen with double jump.

I'll try to gets vid of it in a few days. It's startling to witness the first time.

Carl jet jump:

66~5D~629 or 66~5D~6629

If 6,5D,6 works, it has to be fast enough to register as a(nother) 656 (forward dash) -- I wasn't sure if I really got 65D6 or if I spazzed 5D66. The 2 is not necessary; superjump just gives him more hang time. The idea is to "stack" forward dashes such that his forward jump is backed by the speed of about 2x his dash speed - during 5D he slides at about dash speed, then the second forward dash "stacks" its speed onto it. Clears maybe 80% or so screen width in a single bound -- well over full-screen with double jump.

I'll try to gets vid of it in a few days. It's startling to witness the first time.

That happen me the other day when i was playing, and when i notice was WTF? how i did that XD

Mmmmm... it seem that you can do the same using a nirvana move, for example instead of 5]D[ you can use 8]D[.

.:: Unblockable Setups ::.

- Universal Unblockable (This work with all the characters in this game)

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 5A or 2A (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

2A, 5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 6C (Max three A after 2A)

6C, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

After any j.B + 3]D[ UB (This need 50% to perfom a Rapid Cancel)

5B, 623C (Cantabile) Rapid Cancel, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3]D[, IAD, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops (This work almost with all the characters)

5B, 2B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B, 3]D[

If your starter is 5A or 2A (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

If your starter is 6C (Max one more A after the last A in the begining)

6C, 2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 6C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B, 3]D[

On NCO (Max one more A after the last 2A/5A string that continues from Vivance A)

5B,6B, 6]D[, Vivance A, 2A, 5A, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

After any j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :BANG:

After any j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.A,(Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :TA:

j2.C~Allecancel 2B, 5B, 6B, 6]D[, 6C, dash cancel 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C, 8]D[, 8j.A,(Second hit off 8]D[) j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Unblockable Loops for :TG:

Need standing position, CoN

5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

Need standing position, Corner Only, NCO

5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5C, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

- Dificulty of doing the Unblockable Loops:

S: :AR::RG::TS::MK::TA::TG:: (Arakune, Ragna, Tsubaky and Makoto need a very strict timing that permit input the 8]D[ very very early in the 2B after 6C, 2A. Taokaka need dash cancel 5A/2A after 5C. Tager need the j.B, j.C loop and the Jump Cancel j.A, j.A. J.B + 3]D[ Setup.)

A: :BANG: (Bang need both hit of 8]D[ and doing the j2.C almost too close to the ground)

B: :HZ::JI: (Kinda strict timming)

C: :RE::VA::LI::HA::LA: (Relaxed timming)

Chars that until now this loop doesn't work, in this case i recommend using the Universal Unblockable. You can spend 50% meter for a Rapid Cancel and do this again, then after the j.B + 3]D[ UB end it with a big dmg combo.

:CA::PT::NO::MU::RA:

*Keep in mind that in any Unblockable loop you should deactivate Nirvana after 6C and activate after 8]D[ for better results.

** Almost with all the character in this game you will only need two Unblockables, max three, and then a good combo after the UB for deploying all of his life.

*** Best combo after any j.B + 3]D[ UB: 5C, 623C (Cantabile), 5C, 421]D[ (Volante), j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, j.C, 4]D[, land, 5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 2]D[, land, j2.C, Allegretto, 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata) - Total DMG: 5289 aprox. If you have another meter to spend you can add 3C, 632146C (Gear Super), 8]D[ - Total Dmg 6124 aprox.

**** Remember that the j.B + 3]D[ Unblockable is DP safe. You only need to do option select Unblockable + Barrier

***** Hakumen can always escape with a counter move. In that case is best to alternate the j.B + 3]D[ with j.B + 63214]D[ (Anima) or even 2]D[.

****** You can´t do safely Unblockables all the times again μ -12- because of his Origins move (623C). For this same reason, this is her only safe option so i recommend alternate the Unblockable with baits options.

*******The reason why the chars that i listed as ´´ doesn't work the Unblockables Loop`` is because the 8]D[ hit them almost instantly or just doesn't hit them. If you delay a lot the 8]D[ this only make that 8]D[ hit them two times very quick and not letting you continue the combo. Why i listed this, because is your homework as Carl user to discover a way to doing a Unblockables loop in this characters.

PD: I hate that the only way of doing more than one UB at Tager is using that loop, is hard the Jump Cancel, j.A part.

PD2: If only i did have a hdmi capture card, i would gladly do a combo video showcasing this and setups that deploy all the life of the opponent.

I think that some of those 5C's are supposed to be 6C's (look for the ones after the 6D's).

Otherwise, good job, JG. These are much appreciated.

I think that some of those 5C's are supposed to be 6C's (look for the ones after the 6D's).

Otherwise, good job, JG. These are much appreciated.

Fixed. I don´t know what did happen that make me do that mistake. I suppose that i was getting dizzy with all the notations XD.

5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

I think u mean 66 5B or just 5B instead of 5B 5B