Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] The List o' Mist Setups

Er... I don't understand :psyduck: It's more of a joke set up anyway that just happens to give you a 1-hit Edit: oh I see what you mean. In that case, follow up with lvl1 MFM > RC > Coin. You are now back to where you started :gonk:

Even if it worked u happen to hit cS-6P rarelly and the 50% for RC is a problem :P I find the K MF2 in corner to be the most practical set up.

another week, another combo here's a dump of my notes ABA 0.98 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D, land, j.K-S>dj.K-S>D>Ensenga, land, Mist = 149 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 136 Anji 1 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Axl 1 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Baiken 1.1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist = 161 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 164 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 165 Bridget 1.1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist = 143 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 165 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 147 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Chipp 1 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, MSJH, Mist = 98 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga = 104 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Dizzy 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist = 155 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 177 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 159 Eddie 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist = 143 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Faust 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 124 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, MSJH, Mist = 79 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? I-No 1.05 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 164 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 145 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Jam 1.1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 164 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 145 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, MSJH, Mist = 82 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga = 86 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.2D ... = ??? (bounce too high after coin?) Johnny 0.98 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 157 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.2D(2)>Mist = 78 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, MSJH, Mist = 79 Ky 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 159 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 142 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.2D(2)>Mist = 76 May 1.1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist = 143 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.S>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 159 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 145 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Millia 1.05 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 188 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 168 Order-Sol 0.98 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 148 Potemkin 0.94 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 133 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, Mist = 71 (still in PB range?) mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.HS<MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 75 (def out of PB range) mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Robo-Ky 0.95 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 136 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, ... = ??? Slayer 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, backdash, Mist = 131 (very :I:, might be vulnerable to reversals. double check) Sol 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 157 Testament 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 157 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, MSJH, Mist = 64 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.2D(2)>Mist = 75 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga = 82 (From Mid-screen, knockdown in corner, but too far for solid Mist Trap) Venom 1 :I: Zappa 1 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist = 157 mid: throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.2D(2)>Mist = ?76? and that's it for the mist portion of my notes. I guess I'll do some explanation. All combos are assumed corner, unless noted with a mid. The number after the names are just their weights. They're just for myself, incase I happen to notice a pattern. All these Mist setups should be safe from reversal throws. I've only done a visually check. I'll do a real check, along with checking for safety against other reversals, latter. K-HS>MMF2 combos are intended to be used with corner mist setups. The K-HS portion is intended to be blocked, giving you proper spacing for the coin to connect after the MMF2 and giving a bit of guard crank. If they FD the K-HS, you may have to omit the HS. You don't necessarily need to hit with the K-HS and provided you have the right spacing, you could do the combo starting from the MMF2. And now it's back to studying for school, in till the weekend.

Two basic ones for any beginner JOs (pot buster range) 5HS, coin, 5K, 2D, Mist (counter hit) 5HS, coin, dash c.S, 2D, Mist [c.S can be switched with 5K, obviously]

thanks. this list clears up alot. pickin up johnny pretty hard, been usin him all week. great thread for beginners *looks in the mirror*

I've been trying out the throw-jK, jS, jD-Enkasu on those it works on, and so far I only am able to get it off on Eddie. For me it doesn't work on Axl or Slayer. Is there a timing difference between these characters and Eddie?

Yes, there is a timing difference. Basicly you don't need to delay the Ensenga on Eddie. Axl is the most stringent of the three you listed. If you can do it on Axl, then you can do it on Slayer. And then when you do it on Eddie, let loose with the Ensenga.

as for the combos; they're the beginning ones on the mist-o setups thread. i get i one-hit somethin just not enkasu, and i was doin it on robo-ky. actually it was the first one in paticular. thanks again.

When doing corner throw 1-hits, it's important to make sure you get the first hit after the throw to connect as early as possible. For Robo-Ky, try inserting a delay between the j.D and Ensenga.

Dont know if this is here or not but it works on slayer, my roomate plays him and i often find myself landing 5K in corners without coins already on him :I: > 25% tension: K-HS>Coin>HS>MMF2>Coin>MSD>MMF2>Coin>Jackhound>Mist I dont know what the mist stance dash abbreviation is, so its MSD there. This definitely works on slayer in the corner though ^_^ Edit: Only appears to work on slayer because of his ground slide animation.

does any1 know the enkasus vs eddy in #r :[ btw, .. what is KJ? (as in KJ frc) also , how do i perform DJC ok so >.< ED MMF2, coin, iad.k s d enkasu..... mist, repeat? >.<!!

kj = killer joker 214S in air, 241S on ground nobody really plays #r anymore, so i don't think you'll get an answer from anyone other than one of the seasoned vets here.

does any1 know the enkasus vs eddy in #r :[

btw, .. what is KJ? (as in KJ frc)

also , how do i perform DJC

ok so >.< ED MMF2, coin, iad.k s d enkasu..... mist, repeat? >.<!!

4r5 corrected me, this does work apparently.

Alright I have been using in the corner, K-HS-MFK lvl2-Coin-Iad J.P-J.D-DB on heavy characters that are hard to enkasu, but you must FRC the mist to get anything out of it. Its actually been working well for me. Even though its a few frames off recovery wise compared to the enkasu. When they wake up they usually are too far away to use a move that is fast enough to hit. I am not saying to make this anyone's standard but is a decent option when you are not too sure the enkasu will land. Everyone needs options.

Someone said try 2D(2) but the second hit is techable in training mode :psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70z6t125_qI

I had the footage laying around, so I just slapped them together.

...>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist

So far I got it to work on: AB, BA, BR, DI, IN, JA, JO, KY, MA, MI, OR, PO, RO, SO, TE, and ZA.

On light chars, you have to delay the 2D.

On heavy chars, you can't delay the 2D at all.

On May, you have to replace the HS with a f.S.

If you can do it on Sol, you can do it on all the male chars (listed above, minus PO and RO) with pretty much the same timing.

Still haven't gotten around to checking if you get a reversal-safe meaty on any of the chars. But atleast you can see how it's done.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~esara1/LMF2MSJH2d.avi

I had the footage laying around, so I just slapped them together.

...>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist

So far I got it to work on: AB, BA, BR, DI, IN, JA, JO, KY, MA, MI, OR, PO, RO, SO, TE, and ZA.

On light chars, you have to delay the 2D.

On heavy chars, you can't delay the 2D at all.

On May, you have to replace the HS with a f.S.

If you can do it on Sol, you can do it on all the male chars (listed above, minus PO and RO) with pretty much the same timing.

Still haven't gotten around to checking if you get a reversal-safe meaty on any of the chars. But atleast you can see how it's done.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~esara1/LMF2MSJH2d.avi error downloading codec for that on my vista computer and my xp laptop :{

thanks 4r5 ^_^ i put the time into learning the real corner mist loops last night from MMF2 > coin iad etc etc. the timing was eluding me for so long.

That vids awesome. Thanks ^_^ I'm practicing trying to land 1-hits more, but right now, the only person I can do it on consistently is Baiken (j.PSD-Enkasu). I'm trying to do Ky's (j.KSD-Enkasu), but when I`m in training, I see the input for the Ensenga, but nothing comes up. I'm thinking that there might be a delay in the j.K-j.S part, but how big of a delay is that, relative to the delay on the j.D-1-hit part?

4r5, I think this is the first time I have taken advice from Dustloop. That setup you put on youtube I played around with a bit at first when Sanka came out with his first CM. Only until now I really saw it to be useful big ups to you man for making that video.

okies. Problem. I play a decent jam, and i can enkasu loop from mid screen throw > dash enkasu, corner throw enkasu etc etc etc blah. BUT, after the mist if i throw a meaty 3hs out, it gets parried, and then i lose my setup, whatever tension i had, and eat a combo. I attempted to change it out and just go straight into mist finer with bacchus sigh on jam, BUT she can STILL parry it :L From my understanding, jam cannot parry low, but 2d and 2s dont seem to work nearly as well. Any help is appreciated. Thankee.

i would imagine the only way to effectively avoid that is to screw up her parry timing. so maybe instead of a meaty 3H, throw a coin and then go in with a 5H -> mist finer. just a thought.

How about try using 2K? That's what I use for low during Okizemi. If Jam loves to parry, put more low attacks on your pressure...simple. After once or twice beating her parry with low attacks to 30~40% life combos, it will teach her not to parry recklessly.