Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi General - Gameplay Discussion

What? We're talking about CP? We even HAVE that stuff on the CP wiki already? Bah. Get that out of there then. _I_ was talking about Extend.

ArcSys has NEVER released an independent balance patch for a game of their own IP. Ever. Every single rebalance has been through a completely new version of the game.

But it doesn't seem unreasonable for a "new version" to coincide with the console release, since there will be new characters.

On the topic of Tsubaki being hard to win with, I can agree. She takes more work for the payout than most other characters. She simply doesn't have any immense aspectual strengths to fall back on. She doesn't have 3+ guaranteed mixups on knockdown, huge damage from random midscreen hits, or bully tools that dominate neutral; in a game where such elements are highly valuable.

The thing that annoys me is that there's no reason she COULDN'T have something, but for some reason, they KEEP nerfing her special tools (There's no excuse for her to have at least one D move she can abuse the crap out of in neutral.)

But it doesn't seem unreasonable for a "new version" to coincide with the console release, since there will be new characters.

There's a relatively good chance that there won't be a "significant" title update to the arcade version until after the consumer release because of the new characters; they're being offered as pre-order DLC incentives, this incentive is ruined if they release the characters in arcade before hand. So there will probably be a "CP2" sometime after the release of the consumer. Much like how Mu wasn't immediately added to the arcade version of CS.

There's a relatively good chance that there won't be a "significant" title update to the arcade version until after the consumer release because of the new characters; they're being offered as pre-order DLC incentives, this incentive is ruined if they release the characters in arcade before hand. So there will probably be a "CP2" sometime after the release of the consumer. Much like how Mu wasn't immediately added to the arcade version of CS.

I thought only Terumi was some sort of "pre-order DLC" nonsense, and that Kagura was just a flat out new character?

If I'm not mistaken the most recent interviews say "stay tuned" on how to obtain Kagura, I take that as an implication of DLC, but even if he's not, they have to make the consumer ver enticing for a time, so I don't expect either to pop up in the arcade ver before Oct.

Because Tsubaki players.

Sigged. Like someone said, we survived CS1. We can do it all. We're just gonna be bitches about it sometimes.

Well Fatal didnt specifiy which wiki he looked at. Thought he was talking EX. Still, no need to be sarcastic

Sure, there's no "need" to be.

But I do it, because I love you guys.

When's a guy gonna get some appreciation for going the extra mile, huh?

Also, I enjoy theory crafting as much as the next guy but I'd be the last to fall into the typical trappings of buying into various speculations without any hand on experience first.

Also, I enjoy theory crafting as much as the next guy but I'd be the last to fall into the typical trappings of buying into various speculations without any hand on experience first.

I don't think even the theorycrafting makes a strong case for her as 'worst' in CP. Too close to call maybe, but not a clear worst.

Is she as good as she SHOULD be? Absolutely not, and in some stupid ways (@#$% you, 5BB) but meh.

When they give us an awesome, S Tier Tsubaki, we'll all sit around and talk about how awesome she is, until then... business as usual!

Well dont be a douche just because your character isnt good compared to the others. MAKE her good. The time spent complaining and mulling over what she could have been could easily be spent on you leveling up your game. And in turn, your Tsubaki

That mindset is defo not the way to go.

Well dont be a douche just because your character isnt good compared to the others. MAKE her good. The time spent complaining and mulling over what she could have been could easily be spent on you leveling up your game. And in turn, your Tsubaki

That mindset is defo not the way to go.

And whose mindset is that you're making references to?

Directed towards Airk

I guess I better get cracking on my CP Tsubaki then. :P

Most of my posting is done at times I can't play anyway. Thanks for your support though. The insults really weren't necessary. -I'm- not attacking anyone.

And whose mindset is that you're making references to?

Play nice. I see through that disguise.

I'm about to give up on this game, seriously.

Fuck it, I'm done. That one time I decide to play this game and it's fucking me over yet AGAIN.

Pulling the weekly room as well, fucking tired of this shit. If I can't push buttons then no one will.

See you all in P4A, but since I'm gonna be playing Yukiko and not one of the braindead motherfuckers I guess I'll be fucking raging over that as well.

Take your salt somewhere else!

Get on topic now please. Further deviating comments will be deleted and may result in infractions. Getting tired of seeing how annoyed people are getting with Tsubaki. You know the drill. If you use her you are going to have to really commit to get the best out of her and yourself. This has been repeated several times annd it's getting tiring now.

Don't have anything constructive to post? Don't post.

I've never seen a character so bad that you couldn't get good with them with enough effort. There are other Tsubaki players who can make it so there's no excuse.

Winning with Tsubaki's easy though. Just keep doing things people have never seen before and you'll get 2 rounds easy.

I've never seen a character so bad that you couldn't get good with them with enough effort. There are other Tsubaki players who can make it so there's no excuse.

This isn't the problem though.

Regardless, salt time is over so let's continue business as usual; without bullshit.

I note with some pleasure that having looked at the CP frame data, there's nothing in it about the 236X series doing the "automatically goes straight into recovery on hit" thing like Ice Car/Hell's Fang, so it looks like, once again, these can be spaced to be...well, +1 at absolute precise spacing, which is better than we have now in Extend, where the 'best' you can hope for is -1/-3 depending on the version.

They're somewhat less crap as starters, too. Huzzah.

Well, the wiki doesn't list that particular trait for Hell's Fang and Ice car either.

It's probably a system wide change so they didn't feel it needed to be included.

Well, the wiki doesn't list that particular trait for Hell's Fang and Ice car either.

It's probably a system wide change so they didn't feel it needed to be included.

its not system wide, jin ice car w/o followup (CP ice car or 214A in EX) serves as a great example

I'd be DEEPLY shocked if they'd changed Hell's Fang. In fact, you can tell that they didn't just by looking at the frame data - since it goes straight into recovery, it's only -4 instead of like -17. Similarly, I think, we can tell that Tsubaki's 236 series doesn't do this, because if they did, all versions would be even on frames all the time, because they have the same amount of blockstun as they do recovery. Though I think I messed up my math earlier and the best we can do with precise spacing is even, but that's...not too bad.

Also, another frame data related question - I don't see an answer for this anywhere on the wiki, but it's possible I'm just not looking in the right place - what the heck do all the random letters mean? Like 2C lists ground hitstun CH as "S48" which I guess is "stagger 48"? But what's "F34" on 6B? That can't mean that 6B is a fatal now? And 6BB lists air untech time as "Sd60"? 46D>236D Aura lists "Wb60" in air untech? I'm guessing the T's in the recovery column mean "Total" and the L's are "Landing" so I get that part, but the stuff in hitstun/air untech really eludes me?