Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi General - Gameplay Discussion

Being able to combo off ground throw without stock will be nice.

Ya, if nothing else it'll provide a great deal of corner carry.

Being able to combo off ground throw without stock will be nice.

It's like the entire cast has a fat ground hitbox now, rather than just Tager, Rachel, and Valk.

Throws in general were buffed iirc though the specifics may be different for each character. Most throws are special cancelable now as well.

Lol @ dudes complaining in the previous pages.

Meh, I'll still main Ms.Yayoi regardless of the nerfs. I mean, I dont like the nerfs of course, especially for 5B. But Tsubaki is who I like so I'll still be maining her.

This is exactly why I'm maining Tsubaki. Even if she was an extremely bad character I'd still use her regardless.

The faster 5C is a force to be reckoned with due to the proration and CH combo property as well as the continuation possibilities. It's not an even trade for our best poke getting slower but it certainly will make a difference.

We could probably frame trap players more now. For example, it's a possibility we could do 2A/5AAAAA - 5C and score a CH if they're pressing buttons. In addition, it makes any gatling into 5C tighter, which is great. The 5B speed loss doesn't even look like it's changed much ,but I won't know for real until I actually use her of course. We just have to make do with other mechanics. For example with the Tager matchup, we might have to use 22X more. Although I don't think I've discovered the recovery of that move yet in EX so I'm not sure that's completely viable.

I also hope the P1 of FC 3C is good otherwise there's no point of using it at all, and we might as well stick with CH 5C - stuff. Combos from 3C sound cool though. Can't wait for the upcoming vids.

We get new combos, new ways of dealing with stuff. You guys should be happy/lucky that we're not stuck with the same character with extremely little changes. I'm quite happy.

I just got back but I've been watching a few vids, I'm extremely hyped for CSX and her changes. I wasn't worried too much on nerfs, but I was scared she was going to see little changes. Some of the 5C and 3C changes I've been hearing sound awesome...but I'll post more later when I see more....I'm tired, been a VERY long week X__X;;

This is exactly why I'm maining Tsubaki. Even if she was an extremely bad character I'd still use her regardless.

Yeah same here, I actually dropped Makoto for Tsubaki back in CS1 when I started getting back into BB again, that's kind of saying something.

We could probably frame trap players more now. For example, it's a possibility we could do 2A/5AAAAA - 5C and score a CH if they're pressing buttons.

Wait, I thought self-gatling 5A/2A was limited to only 3 for everyone in EX now? I noticed Kuresu only using 5A/2A up to two times before making additional gatlings into 5B/5C/2B and such.

We get new combos, new ways of dealing with stuff. You guys should be happy/lucky that we're not stuck with the same character with extremely little changes. I'm quite happy.

I really dont mind the changes all that much, like I said before I just dont like that 5B is slower. Charge being abit slower doesnt bother too much either. But I will definitely miss our DP Whiff combos into 236B - 214B - 22B though. I love doing those.

But the US and UK wont be getting EX till next year anyway, so I'm really just gonna focus on continuing to get better in the current game we have now and do what I can to get out and get exposed and get some competitive play experience.

i think theyre trying to gear her more into a rushdown character niche, with better charge canceling and more charge gain than CS1 its actually kind of viable in getting charge, dont you think?

You say this like we didn't already have five bajillion frametraps.

This is not completely applicable to the thread, so I'm straying off the main topic here, but can you list me a few? The only frame trap I use is 5CC(delay), if that's even one.

:)

Wait, I thought self-gatling 5A/2A was limited to only 3 for everyone in EX now? I noticed Kuresu only using 5A/2A up to two times before making additional gatlings into 5B/5C/2B and such.

Yea I got it wrong. It was simply to show abuse of the blockstring, but thanks for the correction.

i think theyre trying to gear her more into a rushdown character niche, with better charge canceling and more charge gain than CS1 its actually kind of viable in getting charge, dont you think?

It is quite late of them, but I agree with you.

Charge cancelling has never given an appreciable amount of charge though - you'd need to do a TON of it to maintain anything that resembles a reasonable number of charges, since even at CS2 charge rates, you'd need to charge cancel 4 times in order to get a single charge. It's really nice that charge cancelling is strong now (Assuming it is) but even so, I'd be a little worried about relying on it for charge.

Tsubaki has always been about giving up her average momentum to charge for a chance at better momentum later in the round, I dont think she can ever be pure rushdown with how her drive works, but if the charge changes mean we have to play chicken less to gain stocks. Then I am all for it....I think she looks even more fun to mess around with, and I look forward to seeing more of Tsubaki 2.3

Yea, from the videos Kuresu didn't really do it much but when he did I noticed that charge canceling does give more (took about two charge cancels in his blockstring to get one charge, I noticed it in the video of him against Hane) so it'll be pretty interesting to see it being done more and more in matches.

Looking at 5B in some of the videos, it looks like it's not "slower" in the sense of "takes longer to come out" (or if it is, it's very minor) but rather in the sense of "has more recovery" or maybe "has more active frames" (Kinda hard to tell which it would be.)

That...could be worse.

* 623B > j.214A whiff > 5C works

Also, if 623B whiff combos are the new thing I wonder how viable they actually are, considering 623B has a P2 of 74 and from what I tested in CS2 it only leads to about 3K-ish with 2 charges and that's about the highest you can get out of it too...so uh yeah >.>

The P2 of 623B may have changed in EX, and I'm more interested to find out how much damage she can deliver w/o any stock by using that combo.

Literally, every normal>delay followup normal. Hell, you can even do 5b>2b as a frametrap if you delay the timing right. There's 5C>6B, also, though people DP that shit all day.

Most notable is 5C>6C. Mash = get fatal'd.

Thanks dude. Will start using it more.

I'm assuming 2A is still + on block in CSEX too?

Until we get a mook, we're basically blind to this sort of thing. We can speculate from watching videos, but frankly, that's pretty meaningless, and unless someone imports the game in December, we're not going to find out for a WHILE, since BBCS:EX isn't coming out in the US until the Vita launches on this side of the pond.

Until we get a mook, we're basically blind to this sort of thing. We can speculate from watching videos, but frankly, that's pretty meaningless, and unless someone imports the game in December, we're not going to find out for a WHILE, since BBCS:EX isn't coming out in the US until the Vita launches on this side of the pond.

Didn't Sony say it'd come out it in NA and Europe in Early 2012? They could very well see it in January or February, March at the latest.

Though we won't. ...Dammit, Solar.

I'm moving the frame-trap conversation to the combo discussion since this isn't really the place to talk about it...

So uh, what;s people's thoughts on some combos?

5B - 5CC - 623C - J.214A(w) - HJC - J.236D - J214C - 6C 214D - 5C - 2CC - 236B - 214B - 2BB (Midscreen)

This combo should work but I find that it may not more than 3.5K considering that the damage on her drive specials have been severely hurt. Mugen compensates for this though, so we should expect to see it being used much more in combos. This also means we may not be seeing 623C being used in combos anymore.

623B - 5C works apparently so I can't wait to see what combos pop up from there if any.

3.5k midscreen isn't that bad in Extend considering the most I see at the moment is about 2k - 2.5k except for a few characters. From what I've noticed, a majority of the combos overall from midscreen have less damage but seem to corner carry more easily. I wish there were more Tsubaki videos out though :(

I'm waiting for a-cho to upload their hour long specials and hope Kazu shows up somewhere in there to show us some more Tsu stuff.

EDIT: And maybe Nezu but I know he mains Bang.

3.5k midscreen isn't that bad in Extend considering the most I see at the moment is about 2k - 2.5k except for a few characters. From what I've noticed, a majority of the combos overall from midscreen have less damage but seem to corner carry more easily. I wish there were more Tsubaki videos out though :(

Likewise. I'd love to see a ton more but I'm particularly waiting for players like Konan to pop out of hiding.

Anyone notice that 214C is faster?

I'm waiting for a-cho to upload their hour long specials and hope Kazu shows up somewhere in there to show us some more Tsu stuff.

EDIT: And maybe Nezu but I know he mains Bang.

Anyone would be good for me right now. Speaking of A-cho I should investigate....

In all the videos I've been watching, I've been seeing Tsubaki players routinely go for the air combo ender instead of the 236B>214B>22B one. Anyone know why?

The main thing that makes me sad watching Tsubaki vids right now is how scarce charge is. =/ It probably won't hurt ME (Not just because I still haven't committed to BUYING this game) because my charge-getting habits are pretty bad and it doesn't look like the time spent HOLDING 5D for 1 charge (as I foolishly tend to do) has gotten that much worse, but... I am concerned for people who suck less than me.