Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi General - Gameplay Discussion

I keep forgetting you can follow that up now with 236D! Man, I wonder if there are some cool semi-practical combos you could do with that?

I used to throw it out before when I couldn't follow it up just as a reversal.

Now that I can follow it up for about 3k with ease, it's even more tantalizing to use!

Edit- To give a concrete number,

236236C > 236D > dash 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214A is 3400 damage.

Very respectable indeed off a reversal super of all things.

there's a combo extender part, 236236C > 3CC > 236236D. Not familiar with it yet.

4.4k damage or so with 5 charge 236236D.

Neat.

The timing on 3CC is about as strict as 22D > 3CC so it isn't easy, though.

it's a combo extender part, you can do it after a lot of other stuff IIRC. though I guess you can do it raw too.

I'm pretty sure the 236236D is the only thing you can get after 236236C>3CC. It doesn't launch any higher than off a ground hit, and you can always connect 236236D after 3CC.

I'm running into situations where after a heavy prorated combo, a 22D (charged after 214D or B) will wall bounce and they'll be able to tech before they hit the ground.

If that's just how the combo goes, that'd be fine and all but there are times that they do end up landing on the ground allowing for 6C follow up for max damage.

Same hits, same damage till that point and yet they don't always become untechable knockdown.

My guess currently is that it's got something to do with positioning or height but I'm not 100% how to manipulate that aspect to make it more consistent. You guys run into this yet and have any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is that the combo timer reached 820F reducing hitstun to 1F across the board (aka instant tech, no exceptions)

No clue otherwise, works fine for me.

I'm not sure if we should put this somewhere else? It's own thread or in the combo thread? It should be easy to find after all.

Depends on the matchup, but I would say it's pretty useful in at least half of them. Obviously the heavy zoners make short work of it.

Litchi and Hazama sort of do as well but since staff/chains and the tsubaki bubble are both the same level they cancel each other out, so it allows you to pass through the staff/chain.

Useless in the Hakumen matchup. He'll just slice it easily.

46D > 236D is pretty god-like, 46C is meh.

Haku can cut the projectile aspect of 46D > 236D but you'll just go right through the created void zones anyway.

If nu wants to do 214D~C oki with you having 2 charges, she'll get rocked. Same applies to Rachel when she gets predictable with her projectiles.

j.236A is a solid zoning tool for when you want to try and get some charge at midscreen in some match ups(you obviously don't do this vs Ara/Nu).

I find the command grab to be the best new tool in her repertoire overall but the 46D > 236D is very effective too, given you have the charge to unleash it.

Only thing I can think of is that the combo timer reached 820F reducing hitstun to 1F across the board (aka instant tech, no exceptions)

No clue otherwise, works fine for me.

I've deduced that in the scenario that I'm seeing is a matter of height and when 22D charged hits. It definitely doesn't hit the 820F threshold during the example combo's length.

Not a Tsubaki player, but...

I've had similar problems with other characters. Way hitstun works is that it drops further with each threshold. It might a combined aspect of height and it breaking a threshold by only a few frames. Ragna has a similar problem where he can't do J.C>Belia Edge in some corner combos if he is not directly in front of them, because the extra 5\10 frames required to launch the enemy into the corner by straight punch fuck the timer up.

This is a really stupid combo system tbh and I would much rather have the proration = hitstun decay system back, but alas. Best tip I've got is that you should do your best not to delay anything unless it will keep the enemy lower to the ground so that they reach it after 22D.

Someone has found the setup to make the banana DD hits crossover? I've seen it in a video but can't remember the setup to do it

Someone has found the setup to make the banana DD hits crossover? I've seen it in a video but can't remember the setup to do it

You can do 5BB>5CC>623C>j.214A(w)>5A>2C>214B>6321466B

Here it is Zouf. Posted as a reference.

How is this useful exactly? It seems like there's a pretty substantial amount of time between when you cross them up and when they actually have to block the right direction (thanks to superflash and slow startup).

I was hoping this was some way you could cross them up WHILE the swords were hitting so they'd have to switch block directions, but I don't know if that would even work because they might just be locked in blcokstun at that point...?

How is this useful exactly? It seems like there's a pretty substantial amount of time between when you cross them up and when they actually have to block the right direction (thanks to superflash and slow startup).

I was hoping this was some way you could cross them up WHILE the swords were hitting so they'd have to switch block directions, but I don't know if that would even work because they might just be locked in blcokstun at that point...?

block pushback