Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mamation

Hokuto No Ken: Read Before Making a New Thread!

you COULD buy the whole thing on ebay for somewhat good prices... but most people just watch it on youtube. souten no ken doesn't have enough episodes =p

IMO, beginner level: S: Toki, Shin A: Rei, Thouther, Juda B: Ken, Heart, Raoh C: Mamiya, Jagi medium level: S: Toki, Rei A: Shin, Raoh B: Thouther, Juda C: Ken, Heart D: Mamiya, Jagi high level: S: Toki, Rei A: Raoh, Juda B: Ken, Shin C: Heart, Thouther D: Mamiya, Jagi god level: S: Toki, Rei, Raoh, Juda A: Shin, Ken, Heart, Thouther B: Mamiya, Jagi IMO, just IMO...

Raoh should be lower at lower levels, and Juda higher. Really, Raoh is slow, big, has a weak mixup, and his stuff really doesn't do very much damage. It's the insane combos and some of his advanced trickery that makes him decent. You'll recall he was pretty low tier for a while after the game came out. Juda is, in my opinion, the scrubbiest character in the game by a pretty huge margin. Really at even low level you can just call a dude and mash on the CD attack and win half the time. Dam super whenever you are in danger of getting hit.

I think Thouther should be lower at the beginner level also. Unless you can do big combos and control the match like you should, you'll die pretty quick from random hits (which is pretty much what beginner level is). I have very little experience with this game, though. Definitely agree on Juda. He's a Marvel character, good supers and all ;p ...and that mirror break, geez, shit's too good.

Bah, you just have to play a bit more against Juda, Dan. Well, I got my share of practice against Nohoho's Juda a long time ago, I know how you feel. Just get over it you will see that BS is just another small problem. Okay, I think most characters can punish that Juda BS with something besides that agility defense trick, it's easy to just do supers on reaction (3 stars CH + 40% damage is seriously not fun) vs Juda poke with C+D a lot. Anyway, I will edit the tier list then. Raoh is low tier, Raoh is low tier, Raoh is low tier... Edit: About Thouther, all I can say I am really impress by fooling around with him against others. Like Juda, you don't need to know a lot but you can win a lot in beginner level. Ask how Dan kicked my ass with Thouther you will know how silly he can be.

Foofer is still one of my best even with lots of practice on others. He's easy to run a good offense with, fairly easy to combo with (aside from difficult JI combos and his 100%s), and zones pretty well. Ken is the character I can combo the best with though. I can land is (supposedly) 100% combos pretty well. But with Ken I am just terrible at actually USING him. Can't mount a good offense or what have you. Raoh I know the best but I can't land those combos worth a shit half the time.

Dan, maybe you should focus on Thouther instead. It's not like everyone could be really good with him on a higher level. Those advance stuff Thouther has require plenty of practice and versus experience to work, heh.

i have all the songs but they just say "Juda theme" or "Souther Theame" or whatever the theme is for the character :/

Sign in to follow this