Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE] Jin Gameplay Discussion

-Still practicing to do j2C>jC>sekka too..., seems have to mash C really early for that to work.

If this combo means more damage on a regular basis, I guess it means that jins would have to program their controller with sekka.

this is true. i'm still too used to mashing though haha. didn't use the hold-the-button-until-it's-time technique at all when i played it.

Yeah all mashable moves like Haz JC or sekka are holdable...would make that combo easier i'd like to think.

To get j2C>jC>sekka to work you may have to buffer a dash somehow. Tetsu does j2C>jC> dash sekka twice in the following vid around 1:01 and 2:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-ou42RyJI

Edit: I figured out how to do j2C>jC> dash sekka. You have to buffer a 6 in the last 2 C's(sekkajin activates after you mash C 4 times). The inputs should look something like this j2C>delay jC>(1)C>(2)C>(3)6C>(4)6C. The numbers in parentheses represent each input read for sekkajin.

godlike dj, ive been doing the j.2c>j.c>land sekkajin for a while now and it whiffs the last couple of hits on some characters but with your breakdown i havent had it drop once...now that i think about it this might actually be harder if you are trying to hold c for sekkajin in cse

you're supposed to mash till sekkajin starts, then you can hold it for the rest of hte hits

also, trying the whole j.2C > j.C > land sekkajin thing, i have my slightly differnt way of doing it:

after you land the j.C, mash C and time your dash right as you land/right before you land. seems to be working for me so far

I also find out , you can still 2D a lot after 6C....

even 6C CH.....as long as you cancel 2D as fast as you can.

still trying to figure out what's optimal after that though....

also midscreen fatal 2C>6C>2D is good

ok so i had just had a crack brain idea because im hella tired but here it is: complete midscreen ch 6c>236b or 236a then link ice arrow if it works itl be the best combo video combo ever

ok so i had just had a crack brain idea because im hella tired but here it is: complete midscreen ch 6c>236b or 236a then link ice arrow if it works itl be the best combo video combo ever

Saw that few times already and even did it in my cs1 combo vid. In cs1 worked even without CH. In cse should work too, probably. 236B > ice arrow most likely won't connect in any case or game version.

you're supposed to mash till sekkajin starts, then you can hold it for the rest of hte hits

Arcs probably wanted CSE-Jin to mash sekkajin all the time and they made this change so controllers won't break because of it.

aw man your totally right (i just did it) o well there is still a chance it wont work in cse and if it does i bet itl look way cooler

- "can't pick up with 2B after 6A seems like, only 3C works."

The fuck? How does that work? Is Jin too far away for 2B to hit after 6A or something? :psyduck:

I'm liking the whole Freeze > IAD > j.2C > j.C > Sekkajin stuff. How could I not think of it earlier? I was just planning to do dashing 5B if close and dashing 6B if far for the mid-screen combo off a freeze but this is obviously better lol.

Well lookie here, looks like j.C CH > 2D works as long as you're relatively close to the ground: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMRZOGxZKyE#t=1m53s

I had pointed that out week one when tetsu did it on ren but so far this is only the SECOND time i've seen it lol.

yea, I can do jc > 2D if the angle is right or if it's really close to the ground..

otherwise I will do another jc or 5c > 2c > air combo....

dont worry jourdal no one pays attention on this site ive been doing and talking about j.2c>j.c>sekkajin since cs2 first came out but everyone is treating it like some new magical technology:vbang:

on a related note there is a rumor going around that my local arcade (south town arcade) will be getting cse this Wednesday if this is true then ill try to help with how cse jin is gonna end up, where i wont be doing a write up (because i just dont have the finger endurance) i will preform certain things if asked that way yuushiro doesnt get bombarded with questions

there was no reason to use that when there were many superior options

come down to sunnyvale and gimme a ride up to sf :O

sorry im taking bart to get there but ask around the norcal thread if anyone else is planing on going that lives around you

I had pointed that out week one when tetsu did it on ren but so far this is only the SECOND time i've seen it lol.

I think that Tetsu landed it on an aerial opponent and that's why I was skeptical as to if it would work on grounded opponents, haven't seen it in any other match outside of that as well lol.

@Solex - I seriously do not remember ever having read about that combo path or if I did, I most likely forgot about it lol.

Dayum, the Sekkajin untechable time boost really shows. Now we can do some ludicrous crap like Air Throw > AD > j.2C > j.C > dashing 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 6C > 214C. We can only end that combo with the dashing 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C ender in CSII lol.

ya sekkajin is gdlk now which is why i think the dashing sekkajin combos are going to be vital

i forgot to mention this before but, yuushiro and shtkn does the 5b dp loop seem like it is alot easier now? it feels like you dont have to time the b dp at all now and you are supposed to do it as fast as possible and the combo will kind of do it self

also the more i think about 2d breaking a primer the more i am thinking it will be really good because if i am playing a defensive game i make the opponent block 2d alot so i am thinking his primer breaking game actually might be good now

5B after 6C > 623C should be easier now since 6C launches them higher (you might even miss the 623C if the opponent is too high)

also the more i think about 2d breaking a primer the more i am thinking it will be really good because if i am playing a defensive game i make the opponent block 2d alot so i am thinking his primer breaking game actually might be good now

Just be careful because if the opponent is daring, he can just do short dash + Barrier if they feel like they're going to get 2D'd (5C > 2D is obvious). If they read it right, you're pretty much fucked because of 2D's whiff recovery. If they get to the point where they're doing short dash + Barrier then do 5C > 5D instead and you'll most likely tag them trying to dash forward.

Good to hear that about the DP C corner combo, DP C loops awl dei errday.

did someone say that ch j.c>dashing 6c wont combo anymore cause i got that to work today, jins j.c hitconfirms are actually a lot like they were in cs2 the only difference is now they are just harder and ch j.c>2d is actually a practical choice instead of just easy damage. the only hitconfirm i couldnt get to work off of a ch j.c,j.b, or j.2c was the crossunder 5c i think that one is actually impossible now...but i could be wrong

also holy shit jin gets so much more off of his low hitconfirms now in corner and midscreen, its actually good damage off of a 2b in almost any situation!!!

and i know ive said this before somewhere but long live touga(ice wave) and fuck hiyoko(ice arrows) i seriously think hiyoko might be the worst DD in the game. unless someone can tell me a worse one?

EDIT: what combo do you go for after a icearrow with proration to spare the only one i could get to work is j.c>j.c>214c or 214b if the proration is iffy