Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

I didn't see a specific thread for this, so I decided to make one. Other forums have one, so why not Litchi?

Post up your matches for helpful tips, strategies, and critique!

And so, because I suck the most, I shall begin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhHYkQmNFEQ

I looked it over, here's what I was thinking:

@0:26: This situation sucks - and it happens *all the time* with Hakumen...What can I do when someone like hakumen is in this space?

@0:35: Shouldn't have tried that.

@1:12: it was from this point that I decided to start doing this off throw in the future - works way better.

@1:22: autoguard! Awesome...OH he jumped. It's an empty ittsu now. He's gonna convert 4k off me for this, just like everyone else can...

@1:54: Failed dash and grab.

@2:15: Fuck my gimmicks. Let's do this. Yeah! 3K! That's like half of what everyone else can do! I'm halfway there!

@2:31: Damn.

@2:38: Let's *GO*!

@3:00: I have a plan!

@3:09: He barely hit D... Man, what a fraudulent win...

I'm kinda new at Dustloop but...

You're basically just not maximizing your damage off of stuff. Like there's no reason you should only get 2.9k off of a raw ItsuuA

You just need to know the possible combos from the possible starters. Some stuff is subject to change with CSEX being out and all (in terms of damage particularly Itsuu not having as much positive proration, but 6D's second hit having some of that quality, and no BCB). The rest comes with experience

well i guess ill give it a try to get some advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ396Vd8axk

rebel one: saved by the bell

rebel two: okay we still have another round

rebel three: -_- daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Stickbug took a round to get your feel and then decided you made too many little mistakes. He played a lot more solidly and then rolled you in the last two. I think you also sometimes forgot that you were playing against Litchi. It happens in mirror.

Basically - Practice and play more. Catching up to veteran players is difficult, so don't feel bad. They already have lots of time on someone like me, I imagine it's the same with you. I sometimes need help and some drumming on the head to get things right.

Stickbug took a round to get your feel and then decided you made too many little mistakes. He played a lot more solidly and then rolled you in the last two. I think you also sometimes forgot that you were playing against Litchi. It happens in mirror.

Basically - Practice and play more. Catching up to veteran players is difficult, so don't feel bad. They already have lots of time on someone like me, I imagine it's the same with you. I sometimes need help and some drumming on the head to get things right.

yea i guess so i remember out of all the matches we had i beat him ONCE (man i got hype that day) but as i said it was

just once and that was like 3 weeks after i picked up litchi ive been playing her for about 6,7 months now u lose track after a while, but anywho long story short im pridictable (which im trying to break) and i panic waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy xD but thats the wat the cookie crumbles sometimes

yea i guess so i remember out of all the matches we had i beat him ONCE (man i got hype that day) but as i said it was

just once and that was like 3 weeks after i picked up litchi ive been playing her for about 6,7 months now u lose track after a while, but anywho long story short im pridictable (which im trying to break) and i panic waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy xD but thats the wat the cookie crumbles sometimes

You panic less after you experience enough shit. I'm a lot less spastic than when I started, but put me under pressure and it just crumbles apart and I'm tech-rolling back in the corner and trying to mash or trying to find other ways to get out and give up more damage.

You panic less after you experience enough shit. I'm a lot less spastic than when I started, but put me under pressure and it just crumbles apart and I'm tech-rolling back in the corner and trying to mash or trying to find other ways to get out and give up more damage.

ha sounds just like me xD

I played OniShirou last night, and I realized how much damage and defense I was giving up just by not having combos.

I've been trying to training mode, but I realized that I just don't know the combos. I know a piece here and there, and it helps me mop up bad players because I've played litchi in neutral in CT a lot, but I actually could not write down any of litchis longer BnBs.

How could I possibly practice the good combos when I don't even remember them? I've tried writing them down on index cards, and they are some place around here, but it was very quick and I lost them. The inputs don't mean anything when I look at them, even though I understand what they are. Maybe I'm just not focused?

There has to be some way I can construct a sort of challenge mode for myself so I can learn the good combos. I'm really stuck on execution, and it sucks. I've been doing challenge 7 for 4 months whenever I touch CS2 and can hit training mode. I still don't have it. My self-confidence is eroding, and listening to myself on stream shows it. I don't wanna sound like that anymore.

I played OniShirou last night, and I realized how much damage and defense I was giving up just by not having combos.

I've been trying to training mode, but I realized that I just don't know the combos. I know a piece here and there, and it helps me mop up bad players because I've played litchi in neutral in CT a lot, but I actually could not write down any of litchis longer BnBs.

How could I possibly practice the good combos when I don't even remember them? I've tried writing them down on index cards, and they are some place around here, but it was very quick and I lost them. The inputs don't mean anything when I look at them, even though I understand what they are. Maybe I'm just not focused?

There has to be some way I can construct a sort of challenge mode for myself so I can learn the good combos. I'm really stuck on execution, and it sucks. I've been doing challenge 7 for 4 months whenever I touch CS2 and can hit training mode. I still don't have it. My self-confidence is eroding, and listening to myself on stream shows it. I don't wanna sound like that anymore.

not going to lie litchi combos are difficult but once you get the hang of it, they become easy. for me i usualy take combos and make them my own dispite damage. the best way to train is to practice the same combo over and over again (well it works for me) if you can do it at least 3 times you have the right pase. if you can do it 10 or more time is succsestion youve mastered in (imo) once you can do it without droppning it move on to a new one. if u leave training mode and later go back practice that same combo once or twice to make sure u still have it then move one to new ones (again this works for me idk how it will work for others)

challange mode combos are just setting you up for real combos. for example challenge 3 (i think its 3) 5b[m] 2b[m) 6d see how that works rite. but in training mode you can RC the first hit and go into 63214d c or dash 3c623d (landing will wiff) 5b ect ect or if ur in the corner the second hit wall bounds then u do hatsu ect ect. dont think of challenge mode combos as combos (tho u can use them in a real match) think of them was way that you can cut and peice together your own combos

I don't know how many tries it took, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYFQgdvcPo

IDK, having 41236 come out as 4236 all the time REALLY doesn't help. downleft is very weak for some reason and I don't know why. I hate my controller. It's brad new, but it's giving me hell.

What goes into this combo for 2900 damage?

- 6c(1) and 6kote, along with its sister the more difficult 4kote, which I swear is faster somehow.

- BCB X2, which requires height and timing. (rendering learning this combo useless, since you can't do it anymore)

- 66kote, which is also hard to do lest you 6A

- grabbing (or a very nice IttsuA hit)

20 inputs, 2900 damage. I'm actually REALLY curious how this stacks up with her other combos and other character's combos.

*sigh* oh well, I might as well try to master it...

I don't know how many tries it took, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYFQgdvcPo

IDK, having 41236 come out as 4236 all the time REALLY doesn't help. downleft is very weak for some reason and I don't know why. I hate my controller. It's brad new, but it's giving me hell.

What goes into this combo for 2900 damage?

- 6c(1) and 6kote, along with its sister the more difficult 4kote, which I swear is faster somehow.

- BCB X2, which requires height and timing. (rendering learning this combo useless, since you can't do it anymore)

- 66kote, which is also hard to do lest you 6A

- grabbing (or a very nice IttsuA hit)

20 inputs, 2900 damage. I'm actually REALLY curious how this stacks up with her other combos and other character's combos.

*sigh* oh well, I might as well try to master it...

you can extended after tanki hatsu do jbcb land 6c(1) 4/6kote j.b dj.bcb hatsu chun. does a bit more damage and leads them colser to the corner

other than that GREAT JOB, i know when i first tried doing that, i failed missrably TT_TT worse part is it was online. ddtc okay DDTC (dont drop that combo)

YAY I did it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zJz59R2zbQ

Just need to clean up the risky stuff and other stuff I dropped, though.

Gotta remember to 4 Kote to get 2D placement

ya you did great that match you really kept your opponant on his toes. and a perfict at the end was......well.....perfict.

now its my towrn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miDDpseDnf4

ima go on a out and say i got lucky the last rebel >.> <.< umm.....well okay i did good i can even lie (just dont like to sound like im being cocky)

PS. really leia being my sister and all that stuff u said on live stream now THATS what i call trollin that star wars referance was thick

I must be retarded and autistic. That's the only way I just never learn even when you can hear me drum myself in the head to try harder to do it right.

First is Bang, feel free to skip:

Fuck all games ever. *table flip*

I'm not taking this one apart right now. Tomorrow. I just want to go to bed.

Star-Demon(Litchi) vs Jyosua(Jin)

Zero Fucks given this whole match

I dropped corner combos and botched inputs. I am sad. I liked how I knew what he was doing, though. I felt very comfortable playing him.

Star-Demon(Litchi) vs KurushiiEX (Relius)

Feat: Table Flip Ending

I dropped corner combos and botched inputs. I also pushed buttons. I should just learn to wait out Ignis but I'm slow and can't block his terrible overhead. If I had waited, he'd be out of meter and if he continued pressure I'd have beaten him out instead of getting tagged.

I didn't know relius was invincible during that move, either. :O TABLE FLIP.

LK says I don't know how to play the game. I agree. I don't know how to play this game anymore. Not a clue.

>Do BnBs to other people just fine.

>Play howling_moon

>Drop everything.

>Spaghetti falls out of pockets

"You should watch Shounen vids..."

*sigh*

Anyways, Horrible matches with howling_moon here:

God, that was awful. I hate it when people have AT fields.

if i had a ps3, i would of tired to help you as well, one thing i can say is your getting in the good litchi hits, not really following up after though

~E

if i had a ps3, i would of tired to help you as well, one thing i can say is your getting in the good litchi hits, not really following up after though

~E

I was trying, but once I see I've messed up I go on the defensive because I expect reversal on drop. If I get a bad start I just downback because trying for bad pickup isn't a good idea with me.

EDIT: I watched it again, I think I didn't know what to do and pushed too many buttons.

I was trying, but once I see I've messed up I go on the defensive because I expect reversal on drop. If I get a bad start I just downback because trying for bad pickup isn't a good idea with me.

try to take chances, yes its a bit risky at times but the biggist rewords come off of taking HUGE risks, remember that CH leaves them stunned longer

for example if you hit them by pressing 5D and they get CH in the air, they cant tech until they hit the ground so go STRAIGHT for a j.b and see what you can come up with

also try to remember what gattles with what, you got multiple CH 2B[m]'s and if you did 6C[m] then IAD, you would have gotten a full combo insted of doing combos in training mode first try and see what you can do after certain moves the best combos are always the one you come up with on your own (that and BnB's)

one last thing do NOT use all green UNLES you KNOW you will hit them because its good to through out and can lead to damage on CH but its a waste of meter if you keep throwing it out and miss, be smart with your meter and know when to use it for a distortion and when to use it for defenses (RCing CAing ect)

try to take chances, yes its a bit risky at times but the biggist rewords come off of taking HUGE risks, remember that CH leaves them stunned longer

for example if you hit them by pressing 5D and they get CH in the air, they cant tech until they hit the ground so go STRAIGHT for a j.b and see what you can come up with

also try to remember what gattles with what, you got multiple CH 2B[m]'s and if you did 6C[m] then IAD, you would have gotten a full combo insted of doing combos in training mode first try and see what you can do after certain moves the best combos are always the one you come up with on your own (that and BnB's)

like combo 2 style? I didn't realize you can do that with 2B...I hate 2B, anyways...so slow...

I took to 2B->6A, but I'll play with 2B->6C. I don't think I'll hit anyone with it...

one last thing do NOT use all green UNLES you KNOW you will hit them because its good to through out and can lead to damage on CH but its a waste of meter if you keep throwing it out and miss, be smart with your meter and know when to use it for a distortion and when to use it for defenses (RCing CAing ect)

Actually, the least few days I've been doing it to punish startup on moves then try the CH AG combos...I just can't dash itsuuA to pick it up because the distance always sucks. Since it seems to be a strength of mine, I might as well see what I can do with it. (If LK says I'm faster/better on the input than him, that's something to think about exploiting.)