Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

I took to 2B->6A, but I'll play with 2B->6C. I don't think I'll hit anyone with it...

combos are about getting the right hit in, so you dont have to worry about not hitting them with it, i have 2 different FC6A[m] combos and ive never hit anyone with a FC6A[m] in a real match you just want to know what you can do if you ever do get that hit. you can never know all the possablilities as there are way to many but knowing quite a few can separated the boys from the men (or in litchis case the flats from the bulges)

also 2b[m] 6a[m] its not good but not bad either its something that you have that no one has seen, heard of, so that was a bit smart

like combo 2 style? I didn't realize you can do that with 2B...I hate 2B, anyways...so slow...

I took to 2B->6A, but I'll play with 2B->6C. I don't think I'll hit anyone with it...

try this,

2b[m] > blocked? > 6a

if opponent already recognizes this(2b>6a) as ur habit, try changing 6a into 3c like this : 2b[m] > blocked > 3c

also, if 2b[m] > CH confirm? > 6c > IAD > and so on....

you cant confirm 2b ch, you have to assume it's going to ch, so you just do 2b > 6c > buffer iad

you cant confirm 2b ch, you have to assume it's going to ch, so you just do 2b > 6c > buffer iad

so we're at pre-confirming? Yomi?

I'll play with it.

not yomi, you're just doing the string and if 2b is ch than 6c will combo, if you dont think itll combo use something else, 2b ch stun is not long enough to visually confirm into 6c, same with 5b > 6c

The best you can do for confirming 5B or 2B CH is seeing your opponent use a move as you also use yours. You're likely not going to react in time even then, it's more of just an assumption thing. "I think they're going to hit a button here so I'll go for the CH -> 6C" etc.

The thing that stood out to me most is you don't seem like you have a good feel of when you will get the staff back after calling it, using Shishin, etc.

It's really important to have that skill as a Litchi player as it will make your hitconfirming and pressure much stronger when you understand when and how to continue your gatlings in order to combo/pressure.

The thing that stood out to me most is you don't seem like you have a good feel of when you will get the staff back after calling it, using Shishin, etc.

It's really important to have that skill as a Litchi player as it will make your hitconfirming and pressure much stronger when you understand when and how to continue your gatlings in order to combo/pressure.

good point, is there any proper way to learn theae kinds if stuff?

what gattlings with what,I know, but timing them properly until manten return won't a one hour learning course

sishin...I, err... use it to force block opponent on wake.up... other than that,I think I used it to make a safe rush down/approach(are my words reflected on what I do in a match? sometimes I'm not so sure)

pls pin point what these etcs are

thx b4

the things you pointed out never came into my discussions with the guys in my circle...nobody plays litchi besides me,mostly they comment my rushdown play style and to be more patient/respecting blokstrings,character matchup startegies etc...so I really appreciate these critiques

For instance at 00:35, you used Shishin and combo'd into 3C[m] rather than 2C[m]. Basically what you want to accomplish when you're hitting a grounded opponent is to gatling into 2C[m] 6D when in the corner.

One thing to note is that if you use something like 2C 5C, if you get the staff back during your 5C]m[ you can gatling into 2C[m] as your previous 2C]m[ is a completely different normal. I can't tell you the timing as it varies and it's an experience thing, your best bet is to just practice in training mode at different parts of the stage, learning when exactly you'll get the staff back during your gatlings and how to convert it into a BnB.

I wasn't necessarily critiquing your actual use of Shishin, just your apparent lack of comfort when receiving the staff during your staffless gatlings.

For instance at 00:35, you used Shishin and combo'd into 3C[m] rather than 2C[m]. Basically what you want to accomplish when you're hitting a grounded opponent is to gatling into 2C[m] 6D when in the corner.

One thing to note is that if you use something like 2C 5C, if you get the staff back during your 5C]m[ you can gatling into 2C[m] as your previous 2C]m[ is a completely different normal. I can't tell you the timing as it varies and it's an experience thing, your best bet is to just practice in training mode at different parts of the stage, learning when exactly you'll get the staff back during your gatlings and how to convert it into a BnB.

I wasn't necessarily critiquing your actual use of Shishin, just your apparent lack of comfort when receiving the staff during your staffless gatlings.

ahh... I get your point, I feel like am pretty weak on those stuffs

thx, will try to patch up those stuff ASAP

anyway, I know one match vid isn't enough to really judge my play but that's all there is for now but if anyone want's to say something/comments/critiques, all is welcomed

I liked this match because I had Jyosua afraid of the stick, and watching it again, I think I have a better idea how to sneak in guard points without blowing myself up.

I need to figure out corner situations better, though. I also dropped my combos a lot, which sucks since I practiced a lot these two weeks. :(

What is with this music and me winning?

Now, this one revealed something when I combine it with yesterday's offline matches. I have an idea of how to make someone jump or try to get out. I should try it more, and be aware of it.

Firstly - Nice All Green at the end. Got a bit of the Demon in ya!

You take too many bad risks when you go in. I lost count of how many times you ran up and DPed, grabbed, or tried to mash or 6A in their face.

There are good kinds of risks that change how your opponent and you are positioned to your advantage (or leads to them getting comboed), and there are bad risks that don't pay off should you not succeed or if they fail. When you go in I can tell you aren't ready to change course if the situation changes, and I m not sure if you're paying attention to relius' game when you re trying to attack.

You push A too much. I don't think it pays off to push A any more than three times like LK does. There's a lot you need to be doing in those three button pushes.

If you are blocking in the air like you are at around 3:40ish When you barrier on the way down, do it all the way down, and then keep doing it. When opponent is so close you don't know what happens next, but you are very much still on the defensive when you get to the ground.

You should also use the stick more. A simple press of D would have at least kept Relius Honest on wakeup, instead he decides it's his turn - make sure he never decides that.

ya i only do that cuz am not really sure how to rushdown properly yet lol

what do you suggest i do when am tryin to go in?

ill try to do less dps and mash of the a xD

also i know nothing really about relius and his game or what i should be doing against him

I know you likely already know this but you really need to hit up training mode and get your combos down. You're missing damage, knockdown and corner carry left and right. I didn't see you finish more than 1 combo that entire set and it was sub-optimal on top of that. It seems like lame advice but Litchi is the kind of character where you can't slack on your training mode, you need to know your combos or you can't even get to what's good about her. If you can get a corner knockdown and get your oki, it's pretty easy to just crush lesser players. Stuff like Gold Burst > j.B > j.C > dj.B > dj.C isn't going to cut it. Ask me or LK for stuff, watch videos or read the threads. Learn that stuff because it will help you no matter who you're playing. Hitconfirming will come naturally with practice and matches.

As for the matchup, you're letting Tsubaki charge way too much without doing anything about it or even trying to get an initiative on her. She's not a character you get to sit back and zone. Using Itsuu a lot is a good risk to take, the only fear of using it you really have is Tsubaki's 3C and she needs meter to combo off of it IIRC. When you're being pressured without staff you just lost, you could never get out. Use your barrier gauge to push her off of you, even better if you can IB Barrier or IB > Jump/DP. If you're feeling brave and smell a dash-in coming you can mash out but that can be scary off of certain charge-cancels like 5C.

ya i know i have trouble with her combos D: theres so many idk what ones to practice first :(

the only combos i really know are combos off the itsuu and anything ending with just jb jb jc hatsu chun

what combos do you suggest to learn at first for a beginner litchi?

Went to Tachikawa yesterday and teamed up with 8C (Plat). dropped confirms and didn't capitalize with better corner carry/oki on Hakumen. Got alot more meta-game to do. Luckily P4 fever is dying down a little and more Nesica machines are running BB again. So I should have plenty of opportunities to do so now that my school and baito (work) schedule actually gives me time to go to tourneys :-)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbRLWJyFCLs&list=PLB21E691D93F8E5BF&index=1&feature=plpp_video#t=6m17s

Went to Tachikawa yesterday and teamed up with 8C (Plat). dropped confirms and didn't capitalize with better corner carry/oki on Hakumen. Got alot more meta-game to do. Luckily P4 fever is dying down a little and more Nesica machines are running BB again. So I should have plenty of opportunities to do so now that my school and baito (work) schedule actually gives me time to go to tourneys :-)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbRLWJyFCLs&list=PLB21E691D93F8E5BF&index=1&feature=plpp_video#t=6m17s

"a little" lol

it's been two months, jeez

No seriously I would go to the Arcade and NO machines were running BB lol. I was like WTF. Even BB meccas like alpha & Shinjuku sportsland were "occupy P4" status.

@_@

1. I really need to figure out what to do if I hit staff CH in air. I should Chun, but it never looks good and I always forget. Ever forget? happened to me.

2. Counter Assaultsssss

3. You know that spot in front of litchi where they are floating in air from 5C[m]? What do I do?

4. Oh my god I lose the corner advantage too much. I try to do the Mynus video things but I choke. It's really new to me. :(

5. I should 6C[m] the sister more.

6. HOW DO I BLOCK ALL THIS SHIT?

Is this a good Carl or am I just losing to autopilot again?

o...,o

It looks like you've got down one nice combo/gimmick (doing straight through A then move-the-staff-thingy (oh my God, I really don't know all the Japanese terms, VERY sorry) into 236A 236B 6321A etc etc) and were hell bent in getting that in. One thing I found bizarre was that you failed to confirm any of your 2As into any sort of combo - you can confirm 2A into normal gatlings. Instead, you just hit them with some 2As and then allowed them to continue blocking your pressure. I dunno whether that was intentional or not (maybe you don't want to deal with the proration but personally I just go with any hit confirms I get...).

That gold burst was silly, you could have really used that later on when you were getting corner resetted.

You won by the skin of your teeth because that Tsubaki wasn't that great, dropped a lot of combos and tried to shenanigans you at the end... it really looks like you weren't too sure of the match up there.

Good blocking in some parts though