Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

it seems you had a 0 bar connection with him? id suggest not even playing that case

it seems you had a 0 bar connection with him? id suggest not even playing that case

Played fine to me. I'm not going to hide behind the connection icon. I really liked those matches and tried hard to beat him.

I don't see how the supposed lag gave CARL, the only character in the game as hard to play if not harder than Litchi, an advantage.

It's Carl, not Noel, Ragna, or any of the multitude of characters that are dumb by your own definition.

any matchups played at less than 2 bars are detrimental for any real learning

Input delay doesn't give anyone an advantage, really.

It just makes shit really stupid, because things quickly get into unreactable territory (or at least, far out of their normal territory) and you'll have to space with what's essentially old information because of the input delay, among other not-so-fun things, like being completely unable to gauge punishes

Input delay doesn't give anyone an advantage, really.

It just makes shit really stupid, because things quickly get into unreactable territory (or at least, far out of their normal territory) and you'll have to space with what's essentially old information because of the input delay, among other not-so-fun things, like being completely unable to gauge punishes

Okay, but look at the video - the matches looked completely fine. The only thing I would complain about was Carl's crossup j.2C, but that's NORMAL. That's because I'm just slow, not the game.

Input delay is not the same thing as lag.

A match can be perfectly smooth, but still completely unplayable.

So we're going with "Star is Maito Gai" because nearly everyone I play shows up as 0, or 3/4.

I...really don't understand how this is anything other than a shabby excuse for bad twitch. I don't want to use lag as an excuse for losing.

Can you watch the video anyways? I DID try hard, despite the "unplayability" of the matches.

So we're going with "Star is Maito Gai" because nearly everyone I play shows up as 0, or 3/4.

I...really don't understand how this is anything other than a shabby excuse for bad twitch. I don't want to use lag as an excuse for losing.

Input delay is like adding X frames of startup to every move and every movement you make, where X is the amount of frames the game needs to be delayed to compensate for the amount of time information take to travel between you and your opponent.

When you think of it like that, lag is a perfectly legit excuse

The reason people can't block overheads in netplay is because they switch block x frames later in-game than when they actually did, for example. So if it were offline, they may have legit blocked the overhead, but frame delay may have made them get hit

Input delay is like adding X frames of startup to every move and every movement you make, where X is the amount of frames the game needs to be delayed to compensate for the amount of time information take to travel between you and your opponent.

When you think of it like that, lag is a perfectly legit excuse

The reason people can't block overheads in netplay is because they switch block x frames later in-game than when they actually did, for example. So if it were offline, they may have legit blocked the overhead, but frame delay may have made them get hit

Well, since my situation is particularly bad, I guess I can invalidate the last 1000 matches!

I'm gonna be unable to play for a few weeks. In the meantime I wanna set up to learn some things.

- I've been trying to copycat Mynus' mixup videos but I totally choke. It seems I kinda get stuck someplace in inputs and everyone just blocks everything or I just end up standing there. I want to be able to do otherwise.

- I've been trying to use 5A and 2A more, but I just don't know how to do it safely. I hate feeling lie I'm mashing jab - Zeron's complained about it, but it looked totally normal, other than pressing it one or two times more than I wanted.

- I gotta stop hitting 5B when someone's above me. I need to figure out what else to do again.

Such are my objectives when I play again. Otherwise I gotta hold all of it for a few weeks.

Actually, I may as well ask for feedback.

Still pretty awful, but, ehh.

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua/b/317406942 Starting @ 41 minutes in. There are some matches against Jyosua, and there's one match somewhere against TD's Rachel and another against his Litchi. I'll see if I can get the timestamps for those, too.

I know about dropped confirms/suboptimal confirms/dropped combos, and weak pressure (though suggestions on what to practice would be really good). I also need to rewatch these myself, so that'll be fun ;_;

EDIT: Match against TD's Rachel is 1:15:50; TD's Litchi, 1:27:10

I'm gonna go ahead and say the first round I had was the best, simply because I only saved three matches, and the others are just worse, IMO.

Every match I tried to do something different. I knew that once LK was in I wasn't going to be able to block, so instead I wanted to either bait or call out a move I could do something with.

I j.2D'ed too much. Sometimes I got a good result (clashing with 3Cm), but more often than not I tried to out-maneuver ittsuA only to get hit because of the startup. I just wanted to make my movement as difficult to follow as I could, I guess 2D isn't the move for that. I wanted to stay away, but somehow he always had time to use litchi's slowest moves. I can never seem to figure out how to use them like that. I don't know if you really can or not in a real match...

I guess I don't know how to play against my own character. There were so many times I was like "Okay, I understand the gatling table, but he's still hitting me, because I'm still hitting buttons. Why am I pushing a button here when I know I can't beat this move?" I felt like committing sudoku right there for being so dumb.

I got hit with AT field a lot. I'm gonna go back and start doing stuff from the right side, since I seem to drop stuff often from it.

I could not confirm 3C or continue hitting after a good jump in, that made me so frustrated, because I got a lot in on him when he was just hanging out. Usually I don't get any good attacks on anyone. I land short so often and have nothing to do but sit there. I misspaced a lot of stuff. I don't know if it was my fault or his that it came out like that.

I'd talk more but I have to get on the road. I need some coffee and some chocolate.

I'd post his Tao, but his tao ran circles around me. I tried to look at the matchup before the match but it only said "Tao is unstoppable". I tried to J.a a lot. I got hit lots.

at the last round star demon could've CA or burst but I dunno why u didn't do it O_o

were u nervous? cause it seems like u wanna do stuff but u did some other stuff instead

I didn't use it because because LK was going to bait and punish it. I needed to burst the starter or confirm, and I didn't. It was already decided once I arrived at the corner.

We're talking about the burst?

I could hear biscuits in my head going "YEAH NOW BURST LIKE A SCRUB!"

i watched it, he was holding back agaisnt you

you need to get more familiar with the character, you arent familiar with all her normals yet, you dont jA when they are above you, didnt use tsubame when he was super high above you

seems like you arent too used to her staffless > staff gatlings either

confirm whether they ib 6d on block or not, you have a lot of time to do it

actually, you had plenty of opportunities to burst

Few of them were good, the others I just missed out on.

Like, I should burst a specific few Litchi starters. The ones where the staff doesn't go down, and when I'm in a position not to get rejumped in on or hit with staff on your wakeup. That really narrows it down. Otherwise you'll just do what you did in the other matches. Corner bursting is right out. It just doesn't work because Litchi doesn't have the inertia to zoom out like, say Jam does. Nor does she have a staffless defensive option or a guard cancel to deal with the jump-in.

Litchi has two big dangers - one with staff and one staffless. It's really shitty when I have to hit D and eat a corner carry just to get my defensive options bacak..

good observation

however, its pretty easy to burst litchi corner combos, especially if she doesnt have meter

after i hit you with kokushi mixup, you couldve bursted pretty much anywhere

Burst in the middle of kokushi? or after I take 4K and you spent the meter?

By the way, You know kokushi is gonna be useless next game. A very hard to block LONG mixup tool, where one hit sends you back into combo. People complained about Daisharin! Now they just get embarrassed by thinking they got their turn back and die to last hit!

i watched it, he was holding back agaisnt you

you need to get more familiar with the character, you arent familiar with all her normals yet, you dont jA when they are above you, didnt use tsubame when he was super high above you

seems like you arent too used to her staffless > staff gatlings either

confirm whether they ib 6d on block or not, you have a lot of time to do it

thanks

for bursting, ive come to these conclusions

1) the hit i just took is a game winning combo, and i want to (and think i can win) this round

2) i want to avoid the situation that would result from this combo (getting hit by arakune FC 5C, getting hit by litchi 6B[m])

3) i want to get back/keep momentum (the burst would take them to the corner)

4) as a reversal (gold burst)

the latter two i dont use as much, since litchi has a dp and litchi corner carry is good enough

also, because of the nature of bursts (you only get two, etc etc), i dont go out of my way to bait bursts. ill use burst safe combo parts instead

When I CAed you (I had no staff!), you ate it and I immediately thought "That was the smart, because I kept that burst"

I think of bursts that way, but I still don't seem to have that mental list of things to burst that fitt he descriptions well.