Sign in to follow this  
kaeru

[CSE] Bang FuuRinKaZan Guide (v2.0)

UPDATE 2.0 - JAN 08 2012

UPDATE 1.1 - DEC 29 2011

Hello ! I'm writing this up in hopes of sparking some interest in Fuu Rin Ka Zan, but more importantly to help people get past many of the hurtles that I've come across while learning to use it. I hope i can help people who will want to venture in this direction by sharing my blockstrings, combos and some of the coolest and most stylish things possible in this game !!

I recorded all the videos myself using an old adaptec gamebridge and my PC on an imported copy of BBCSX. I hope they will be useful as notation alone is a bit heavy when it comes to FRKZ combos.

This is an intermediate guide and assumes you have only basic knowledge of Bang. No expert knowledge should be needed as i will go into detail about everything and try to provide tricks to pulling certain things off. However the guide does assume you can read Notation and understand a little bit about Fuu Rin Ka Zan Dash canceling. You can always get help with notation here: Notation Guide

It's important to know that i will be marking Bang's Dashes as 1DASH, 2DASH, 3DASH, etc. I will always write them in relation to Bang's position to his opponent. So a 6DASH does not always mean to the RIGHT. If Bang has crossed up his opponent due to dashing mid combo, a 6DASH can very well mean going LEFT.

DASH CANCELING: I will not be able to write every single dash cancel into the combo notation(except the important ones) or it will become very difficult to read. However Dash Canceling into moves that normally cant be used in succession actually comes rather naturally with a bit of practice. There are videos that show what everything is supposed to look like so i invite people who don't know how it works to watch and try to imitate what they see and it should be fairly straight forward. Small example: 2C, 6A, 6C. Normally you cannot cancel 2C into 6A into 6C, however because all the DASHes count as SPECIAL MOVES and both 2C and 6A are special cancellable, this link becomes possible. What's happening is the 2C is getting canceled into a dash, but the dash does not come out because 6A is pressed immediately, etc.

1. BLOCKSTRINGS

Once you get used to moving around in FRKZ, the next MOST important thing you need to know is your blockstring. The blockstring is so important because it's your main tool for putting pressure on your opponent.

At neutral, Bang in FRKZ is actually at a big disadvantage and very prone to getting zoned or reversaled. That's why its very important to capitalize on any opportunity where your opponent is stuck blocking you. In FRKZ you can turn any blockstring into damage. The mixup possibilities are very strong.

The main blockstring to learn is:

j.C, 2DASH, 5B, 2C, 6A (to see example of this blockstring, see 6A counter combo below)

This is a short and easy to remember blockstring. If you try it you will notice that the 2DASH seems optional. This is NOT the case. Using the 2DASH tightens up the blockstring and makes sure you wont get reversaled out of it by someone who is mashing.

The second thing you will notice is that the 6A can be timed in a way that moves you forward a bit before coming out. This is a very important thing to practice. If you go too far, you create a big hole in your blockstring. Remember your 2C, 6A is already a frame trap, so keep your dash forward as short as possible. However you WANT to move forward a little bit because this simple normal allows you to RESET pressure immediately by letting you gain more ground and fight pushback from barrier or regular blocking.

As soon as 6A hits, you can do a 9DASH to reset with another j.C and do the same blockstring again. If you do the 9DASH far enough you can CROSSUP your opponent and do the same blockstring in the other direction. A third option is to repeat 6A again with a mini dash. This is a very good trick to use against people who will want to try to jump out of your pressure to chicken block your incoming j.C. Another very important option is to 6DASH and GRAB !! There is a very strong grab rapid cancel combo i will share further along in the guide.

the next blockstring is ideal for air to ground and air to air situations. Strong mixup for tough ground blocking opponents, or jump blocking opponents:

j.B, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, land, 5B, 2C, 6A (for example of this blockstring, see GRAB RAPID combo below. Also see the j.B abare combo to see what it leads to on hit)

This blockstring is a bit longer, and is not very tight at the beginning, but if an opponent is getting airborn too often, this is the way to go. The 6A at the end has the same properties as the previous blockstring and is ideal for gaining additional ground and resetting pressure after it. An alternative is to do j.B 6Dash GRAB. There is an extremely strong air grab combo i will share later in the guide.

UPDATE: Also note against certain characters when crouched, even a lowest to the ground possible j.4C will still whiff (like Mu-12). Against these characters you can do j.B, 6DASH, j.B, 6DASH, j.B OR j.B, 6DASH, j.C.

2. COMBOS

Here i am going to share with you the combos i've discovered on my copy of BBCSX. It's the japanese version and i dont think there will be further revisions on the US release in February but i suppose it's possible.

The combo section is closely tied to the Blockstring section. Im going to go one by one through the combos based on WHICH PART of the blockstring your opponent failed to block !

J.C Combo using my cross loop !

J.C, 2DASH, 5B, 2C, 6DASH, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, pause, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, pause, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 3, 236236A (ASHURA) 6.8k Dmg 55 HEAT

This is the BNB to learn in BBCSX. It works Mid Screen, does tons of damage, builds it's own heat, and looks glorious. Go into this combo after connecting a j.C in your blockstring. You can hitconfirm with the (5B, 2C) that comes after it. You can also do this combo directly starting from 5B in case they did block the j.C but for whatever reason failed to block the 5B. Another possibility is starting this combo from either j.B or j.4C, as in the second blockstring. If you are using the second blockstring and manage to start the combo with a single j.4C, you can do 4 cycles of j.4C (instead of 3) at the end of the combo and total at 7.5k damage for no more heat then what the combo generates !!

You can also get more damage out of this combo if you start it with (GRAB, Rapid Cancel, 5C) instead of (j.C, 5B). Rapid cancelling the ground grab fuels your combo with very good proration, and following up with a free 5C capitalizes further on that (see notes section about 5C).

(Update 1.1)

Here I demonstrate an example blockstring in the beginning of the video. Because of the nature of the combos and how they are built along side the blockstring, ANY hit can be hitconfirmed and picked up into a solid combo. This is a true asset in FRKZ. In this version i repeat the j.C combo but with GRAB, RAPID as a starter as described previously. Also, because of the Proration values of the first 2 hits of the grab, the combo allows for a 4th cycle of j.4Cs ! The damage climbs up to 7.2k, and requires 53 or 54 heat to do the rapid and have enough for Ashura at the end. The variation is due to the heat gain cool down after rapid cancel.

Tricks: Be patient with the button presses, theres alot of this combo that can be done with slow controlled inputs. Learn to time the pauses in the combo, this is important to make it work.

(Update 1.1)

After the 2D in this combo, you can 6CANCEL, GRAB (whiff), 6C instead of just 2D, pause, 6C. This makes timing the 6C much easier. (this trick thanks to Huey!)

Pitfalls: There's alot of parts in this combo that can go wrong, in very unlikely places.

1. you must learn to dash cancel into your j.D. At first you will see you do not need to do anything fancy to connect the j.D in this combo, and to a certain degree that is correct. However, by holding 6 just before the j.D and pressing the D button BEFORE the 6DASH happens, the j.D will cover a great distance forward WITHOUT CONSUMING ONE OF BANG'S AIRDASHES ! This is a crucial trick to learn as it is integral to all the combos im going to share. When you learn this trick, it opens up ALOT of room for error and adjustment mid combo so you do not need to be perfectly placed to make things work.
  2. after the j.D, when you 2DASH for the landing, the opponent will be bouncing on the ground. This is more then just a mere effect. The position of the opponent when you hit them with the 2B affects the untech time, and how easily you can hit them with the next move. Generally you want 2B to connect while they are flat on the ground. Practice this.
  3. My special j.4C loop in this combo is NOT like Nezu's new box loop which i discuss in the next combo. This is actually easier to do even if it does not look like it. Because it is so close to the ground, you can skip all the 2DASHES that would normally be necessary. Simply hold the direction of the next dash and press C at the right time. Practice it and use the video as a guide since the notation can be confusing.
  4. When it comes time to input Ashura, try to finish the 236236 and let the stick return to 5 while bang is still in the air, then press the A button as he lands to execute Ashura without crossing under the opponent. Crossing under the opponent will get you a shiny bumper instead of Ashura.

2C Combo using my cross loop ! UPDATE 2.0

2C, 6DASH, 6A, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, pause, (9DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C)x4, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 6.4k Dmg 57 HEAT

Works with 5B starter as well, this combo exists solely to capitalize on your blockstring. All too often good FRKZ players will miss out on damage by trying to j.C right after a 2C. If 2C is not blocked and you go for j.C, it causes emergency tech on the ground and ruins Oki too ! This is why its important to follow up 2C with 6A in a blockstring.

Tricks: after the 2C you have time to mini 6DASH forward. Do not cross up the opponent before the 6A. Use this to close the distance and to do the 6A as close as possible. This also gives you extra time to hit confirm! Once the 6A hits, the 6C that follows has to be IMMEDIATE. There is no freedom of timing AFTER the 6A hits. Take your time to do long DASHes for the first cycle of the cross loop, in the video i went out of my way to exaggerate the dashes of my first cross loop cycle to demonstrate this. The reason is to make the opponent stay lower to the ground. Going into cross loop after a 2D instead of 2B can be a bit more challenging but here is a shortcut: you can replace the (6DASH, 5C, 2D) in the combo with a 6DASH, 2B.

Pitfalls: Similar to previous combo, learn to 6CANCEL into j.D ! Make sure not to cross under during Ashura input. Make sure the opponent is ABOVE you when you hit them with j.D or the 5C will not connect. When doing the cross loop from a 2D, the pause is important so the opponent is a bit lower to the ground. It's not strict, but try not to go as fast as possible for the first cycle.

6A Counter Combo using my cross loop ! (Update 1.1)

6A counter, 9DASH, j.C, 2DASH, 2C, 6DASH, 5C, 6D, 2D, pause, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, pause, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C)x3, 236236A (ASHURA) 6.2k dmg, 55 HEAT

This one is very important. 6A connects the frame trap in your blockstring. You've seen the combo to do if they can't block your j.C, you've seen the combo to do when they can't block your 2C, but what if they're blocking correctly but mashing? or trying to jump out?

When 6A hits your opponent, if it is a NON COUNTER hit, the (9DASH, j.C) that follows will net you a completely FREE RESET, this is practically unreactable after they believe you've started to combo them. If they continue to mash or jump out, the j.C will get you a HIT while they are still glued to the ground because there aren't enough frames for a jump to finish startup !!

When 6A hits your opponent and it IS a COUNTER HIT, the (9DASH, j.C) that follows will COMBO with it. This is good and it is bad. It's good because it means there is no more risk of losing potential damage, but it's bad because 6A is a terrible starter. This combo is very difficult sometimes because it's the only one that doesn't have the 5B in the beginning. Which means you need to land the 6A, follow up with j.C, and hit confirm from there to go right into the 2C sweep attack ASAP (or it wont combo). Usually you will be able to hit confirm a 6A counter before you even hit with j.C though, the untech time is really long and you have a lot of time to do the j.C. The reason to omit the 5B is to save as much proration as possible to be able to continue the combo until the end.

Tricks: same as the j.C combo

Pitfalls: The hardest part of this combo is hit confirming it quickly enough to do the j.C into 2C as fast as possible. This is a very tight link and if you hesitate for a moment it will not combo. The reason why 5B is in all the other combos is to streamline the transition from blockstring. This combo is different in that the transition must be made in time for the j.C.

AIRGRAB Combo using my cross loop ! UPDATE 2.0

AIRGRAB (with at least a single DASH remaining), 2DASH, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 5, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 7.5k Dmg 59 HEAT

Potentially you're strongest mid screen combo, Air grabbing an opponent is VERY easy in FRKZ. Most of the time people will jump block to avoid mixup, so any time you would normally go for a crossup j.C, you can do crossup grab, and if they jumped they will get sucked in. It works very often against a variety of skill levels.

Tricks: Make sure you have least one DASH left when you grab the opponent. Hold down immediately after grabbing to automatically cancel the grab and skip it's heavily prorated final hit. When inputting the 6C you can afford to mini dash forward to close up the gap for a tighter combo, this makes it easier. You can cut the combo VERY SHORT by inputting Daifunka right after the 6D for only slightly less damage but it's better to do this if it will finish off the opponent. You will do this VERY often most likely so practice it as well ! Take your time to do long DASHes for the first cycle of the cross loop, in the video i went out of my way to exaggerate the dashes of my first cross loop cycle to demonstrate this. The reason is to make the opponent stay lower to the ground. Going into cross loop after a 2D instead of 2B can be a bit more challenging but here is a shortcut: you can replace the (6DASH, 5C, 2D) in the combo with a 6DASH, 2B.

Pitfalls: Being unable to 6CANCEL the j.D will make this combo near impossible. Make sure you practice this. Make sure the opponent is ABOVE you when you hit them with j.D or the 5C will not connect. As with previous combos, try to finish inputting the Ashura as you touch the ground so you do not cross under. When doing the cross loop from a 2D, the pause is important so the opponent is a bit lower to the ground. It's not strict, but try not to go as fast as possible for the first cycle.

J.B Abare Combo using my cross loop ! UPDATE 2.0

j.B, 6DASH (long), j.4C, 6DASH (long), j.4C, land, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C) x 4, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 6.4k Dmg 59 HEAT

This combo can be difficult, but its very good to practice. A random hit with j.B air to air could lead to 6.4k damage combo that builds it's own heat. And there are tricks to make it more stable. The combo also does more damage if started with a j.4C first instead of j.B. This can be possible if the first j.B is blocked and you follow up with a 6DASH j.4C just like in the second blockstring.

Tricks: Make sure to do nice long 6DASHes in the beginning. This is necessary for a few reasons; it helps you hit confirm, it lets the opponent get lower to the ground, and it puts you in the right position for the 6C. Mini dash before the 6C if necessary like in the previous combo to gain some ground. Take your time to do long DASHes for the first cycle of the cross loop, in the video i went out of my way to exaggerate the dashes of my first cross loop cycle to demonstrate this. The reason is to make the opponent stay lower to the ground. Going into cross loop after a 2D instead of 2B can be a bit more challenging but here is a shortcut: you can replace the (6DASH, 5C, 2D) in the combo with a 6DASH, 2B.

Pitfalls: This combo will not work if the opponent is too high in the air. Also, make sure the opponent is ABOVE you when you hit them with j.D or the 5C will not connect. In this case, land and 2B into cross loops x5. Try not to cross under at the end or Ashura will turn into a bumper. When doing the cross loop from a 2D, the pause is important so the opponent is a bit lower to the ground. It's not strict, but try not to go as fast as possible for the first cycle.

Situational Combos

Gold Burst Combo UPDATE 2.0

GoldBurst, 6DASH, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, pause, 6C, 8DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C)x4, 236236A (ASHURA) 5.6K Dmg, 54 Heat

Being in FRKZ at neutral can be tough. Being in a knockdown situation in FRKZ is even worse !! If you need to use a gold burst on wakeup or to make sure you get the opponent, follow up with this combo for guaranteed 5.6k that builds it's own heat.

Tricks: This is very similar to the other BnBs, be sure to check out the tricks in those combos since they apply to this one as well. The 6DASH at the very beginning is unnecessary if the opponent is very close to you. Simply doing 5C as they come close to the ground will connect.

Pitfalls Learning whether you need to do the 6DASH at the beginning or not is probably the hardest part, and its not very complicated. Learn the timing of landing the first 5C as they come down, you have alot of time to focus on it as they float back to the ground.

Combo Into Gold Burst UPDATE 2.0

J.C, 2DASH, 5B, 2C, 6DASH, GoldBurst, pause, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, pause, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, pause, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 4, 236236A (ASHURA) 7.4k Dmg 63 HEAT

This is to turn a BnB into a must-kill combo. Take any BnB in the previous section that uses a 2C, and you can fit a gold burst in there easily. There's alot of time to decide to do it or not, and nothing gets changed in the BnB, so its not too difficult to pull off. Despite having lots of time to decide to do it, its still quite early in the combo, allowing the gold burst to fill the rest of the combo with good proration. Not only does the gold burst improve the damage of all the hits that come after it, the improved proration allows a whole extra cycle of the cross loop (add 1 cycle of the cross loop count to whichever BnB you're putting the gold burst into). The culmination of more damage per hit and extra cycle make this 6.8k combo turn into a 7.4k one. The same can be done to other BnBs with similar benefits.

Tricks: Time the 5C as they get close to the ground to make this easier.

Pitfalls The same as the BnB that you are using this gold burst with.

Corner Combo UPDATE 1.1

j.C, 5B, 2C, 6DASH, 5C, 6D, 2D, 6DASH, 5C, 4DASH, 2B, 6C, 8DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C, j.D, land, 2B, 623B, 6C, 8DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C, j.623B, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 7.2K, 61 HEAT

This is the Challenge10 combo from CS2. There are perhaps new better combos for the corner, i will replace this one when i discover it. I feel the guide needs one solid corner combo to be complete, and this one is powerful, easy, universal and builds more heat then it needs. Most importantly of all, it works with the blockstring in part 1.

Tricks: this is the easiest combo in the guide, very straightforward. If it gives you trouble you need only keep practicing it. You have more time then you realize after the super crash to do the 6C. Make sure you take the time to do it right and it will come out without dashing forward.

Pitfalls: The game has a strange way of interpreting inputs in FRKZ. Because all dashes count as "special" moves, we're often asking the game to interpret many moves at the same time when we input something like 623B. Normally it's clear what move we want, but in FRKZ there are alot of "special" moves that can be interpreted from the same input. In order to eliminate as much of the interpretation as possible, the 623B must be perfect. Even with a perfect 623 you can still get a forward dash instead of a super crash under certain circumstances. I find the most reliable way to make it work is to make SURE you return to NEUTRAL position after the 2B (just before the super crash). Try releasing the stick for a moment before inputting the 623. If you slide from the 2 to the 6 (to do 2B, 623B), there is a good chance the resulting 3 input will be interpreted as a dash, even if your 623 is PERFECT.

5A Combo using my cross loop ! UPDATE 1.1

5A, 5B, 2C, 6DASH, 5C, 6DASH, 2D, 8DASH, j.4C, j.D, 2DASH, land, pause, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 3, 236236A (ASHURA) 5.3k Dmg 50 HEAT

This is the one combo that doesn't tie in with any blockstrings. using 5A brings down the damage and can break combos completely. However sometimes 5A is the only move that will fit in a tight spot, or its the only way to hitconfirm strange situations. This combo will work with 5A as a starter, but also works if you hit with j.C or j.B before it, making it very versatile.

Tricks: Easier to do then the j.C combo that we learned because it doesn't involve a 6CANCEL j.D. Otherwise the same tricks apply.

Pitfalls: Make sure to wait long enough for the opponent to stop bouncing before hitting with 2B or it will not connect the j.4C afterward.

Adapting a Combo for the Corner UPDATE 1.1

replace part of your combo with 2B, 623B, 6C, 8DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C, j.623B, land, 236236A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vH4hT82f2Y

Here is a real match example of a FRKZ combo that became too close to the corner. Should this happen to you, use this as an example of how to modify the combo on the fly to accommodate the corner. In general it involves replacing the cross loop with a ground super crash, pickup with 6C into air super crash, followed by Ashura.

Tips: Ashura needs to be inputted in reverse always, except vs Tager.

Pitfalls: Keeping Oki is more important, don't go for a combo youre not sure about. You do not want an air tech situation unless you're setting up a frame trap. Bang is not strong at neutral in FRKZ.

6C Combo using my cross loop ! UPDATE 1.1

6C counter hit, 6DASH long, land, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, pause, 6C, 8DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C)x4, 236236A (ASHURA) 8.2k Dmg, 58 HEAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL1yTwf8XDk

This is the ultimate punish combo. It's even EASIER to do if you get the opponent in an air counter hit because it takes them longer to fall to the ground. It does over 8k damage with no requirements other then a 6C counter hit.

Tips: Make sure to do a very long 6DASH after the 6C. You can start inputting the 5C before bang actually touches the ground, in the same way you only need to be near the ground to refresh his dash count. After the 5C, it helps to do a mini dash before the 6D comes out. You can use the 2D, 6CANCEL, GRAB whiff, 6C trick to time the pause between 2D and 6C perfectly (Thank Huey for this trick!)

Pitfalls: It's hard to hit confirm a 6C counter hit. You could possibly go into the airgrab combo instead without the need of counter hit and it would work regardless, and do alot of damage as well.

4. NOTES

In UPDATE 2.0 all the Box loops are phased out for the easier cross loop for more damage and more heat gain

About Cross loop and Box loop

In a real fight sometimes we don't have the luxury of optimal combos. For those moments, this bit of info might be useful.

If you're doing a combo that uses a Nezu box loop and the j.D in that combo hits them while they are not high enough in the air, you can be sure the following 5C will whiff. If you DO hit them high enough in the air, but your 6CANCEL into j.D was not good and it DID consume one of Bang's dashes, you will slowly float to the ground, unable to 2DASH. In both of these moments, land and go into my cross loop instead to finish the combo. The damage will only be a bit lower and it salvages the situation nicely. 3x the loop is a safe bet to go for. In other words: land, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C, 8DASH, j.4C)x3, 236236A (ASHURA)

This guide is not an A to Z about FRKZ, there is A LOT of advanced pressure and more damaging "situational" combos available. This guide is really just to get someone started with a strong set of BnBs so they can perhaps build their own combos or improvise them on the spot in tight situations.

some information that might help you build FRKZ combos:

1. All 4 drives have same move proration but are otherwise excellent damage and good additions to any combo. Especially 6D and 2D, you want to try to include both of these in any FRKZ combo if possible.
  2. 2C is the keystone in a lot of combos in FRKZ. It sets up the pickup so you can air combo and do whatever you like. However it also has same move proration and can only be used once.
  3. Super Crash, just like the seals, they are amazing additions to any combo, and you should always use them if you get close to the wall. They will almost always boost the final damage of your combo thanks to high damage themselves and good proration. However they ALSO have same move proration, and can only be used once each (ground super crash, air super crash)
  4. 5C and 6C, these 2 moves are some of the BEST moves to use during a FRKZ combo because of amazingly good proration. You will find most of my combos involve going out of the way to add an extra one of these where other moves would be easier to do. This is on purpose because of how much damage they add to the combo without taking anything away.
  5. Air Grab, 6C, These are the best starters you can ask for, the damage you can make out of these can be insane. Make sure to dash cancel the last hit of the air grab as it has terrible proration. The ground grab has similar properties but must be rapid canceled as soon as possible and followed up with a 5C or 6C to truly capitalize on proration.

I will be editing this further if there are errors and for clarity. Please help me make the guide as clean as possible and point out any mistakes or ambiguities in the text. Thanks !

Edited by kaeru

taken from the other thread, directly about a seal combo on character specificity(?)

the only problem i had was that 6c>jd combo whiffs on valk, which really hurts because valk is a stupid ass character now, is there a way to make it work and keeping the jump cancel for web nail?

also if i might add, i think frkz is definitely something to go for in every match just because of how easy seals are to get in comparison to cs2

Edited by Linear04

Something that I was wondering, but say you don't have enough meter to end these combos into ashura. Would you just substitute one of the ending j.4C's in the end into j.C? Or is there a special way in FRKZ that leads to better oki?

@ Linear, i have several character group based seal combos. I will try to organize them neatly and post them in the second half later this week, perhaps. However, even among those combos i don't have anything worthwhile on valkenhayn. I do have 2 suggestions for valk in the meanwhile though. If you're near the wall, do (5A), 5B, 6C, jc j.D, land, 2B, Super Crash, and you can connect a 5D after wall bound. Then if you IAD forward you can tech trap a back or forward tech. And the best thing to do overall, is to use alot of grabbing in your mixup. You should be able to get 3 seals on valk off of a grab, i will post the combo later when i test it to be sure. You only need 1 grab combo and a random seal in that case, so the jc j.D doesnt hurt as badly as you would think.

@SuperScience it would be very unlikely to not have the heat to perform these combos, they're all at least 50 heat building except 2 which are 49. And the one of those 49 heat combos is meant to be used after the opponent has blocked at least 1 hit, so you will definitely have 50 for that one. EDIT: IN VERSION 2.0 ALL THE COMBOS BUILD OVER 50 HEAT

If you are improvising or adapting for a wall combo, yes you can always replace the final j.4C with a j.C instead, that's what i usually do. Another thing you can do is a very good tech trap. Drop your final j.4C and instead 2DASH to the ground. Then do a 9DASH grab as they tech. This is ridiculously strong because its very easy to place during FRKZ and if they back tech it leads into your 7.2k air grab combo and this time you will have tons of heat.

UPDATE: i added info about combo building in NOTES section and added ground grab rapid combo info in the BNB

Edited by kaeru

Ah you worked hard on this for sure! When I'm ready to not collapse I'll give it a proofread then a sticky!

Nice job putting this together.

Ah you worked hard on this for sure! When I'm ready to not collapse I'll give it a proofread then a sticky!

Thanks for the positive comments ! it's a really good feeling to know this was worth it ! I will keep updating this as we discover new stuff.

Also it's really nice to offer to proofread, a second pair of eyes will definitely help to get any errors i missed ! Thank you !

doing 2D 6 dash cancel throw wiff 6C makes the combo much easier. (rather than 2D delay 6C)

I have an update planned for the next couple of days and some things i want to add, i will edit this into the guide as well if it makes it easier ! Thanks Huey !

Some things im going to add are; the challenge 10 FRKZ combo from CS2 which still works. I feel this is incomplete without at least having what to do when you get to the corner.

Another thing i need to add is a video example of how to do the GRAB->Rapid combo.

Some other situational advice on moves that should be omitted depending on what the starter was.

Edited by kaeru

@ Linear, i have several character group based seal combos. I will try to organize them neatly and post them in the second half later this week, perhaps. However, even among those combos i don't have anything worthwhile on valkenhayn. I do have 2 suggestions for valk in the meanwhile though. If you're near the wall, do (5A), 5B, 6C, jc j.D, land, 2B, Super Crash, and you can connect a 5D after wall bound. Then if you IAD forward you can tech trap a back or forward tech. And the best thing to do overall, is to use alot of grabbing in your mixup. You should be able to get 3 seals on valk off of a grab, i will post the combo later when i test it to be sure. You only need 1 grab combo and a random seal in that case, so the jc j.D doesnt hurt as badly as you would think.

@SuperScience it would be very unlikely to not have the heat to perform these combos, they're all at least 50 heat building except 2 which are 49. And the one of those 49 heat combos is meant to be used after the opponent has blocked at least 1 hit, so you will definitely have 50 for that one.

If you are improvising or adapting for a wall combo, yes you can always replace the final j.4C with a j.C instead, that's what i usually do. Another thing you can do is a very good tech trap. Drop your final j.4C and instead 2DASH to the ground. Then do a 9DASH grab as they tech. This is ridiculously strong because its very easy to place during FRKZ and if they back tech it leads into your 7.2k air grab combo and this time you will have tons of heat.

UPDATE: i added info about combo building in NOTES section and added ground grab rapid combo info in the BNB

Thanks for putting the time off for this shit at least its going to be something useful unlike most of the crap here haha

I have two combos that can grab all four seals in CS2 which im not sure if they will work in Extend but if you dont mind listing some more four seal obtainable combos ESPECIALLY those that work on that fucking valk since were going to be seeing A LOT of him for Extend so Valk specifics are on demand here buddy :cool:

thanks bro

Thanks for putting the time off for this shit at least its going to be something useful unlike most of the crap here haha

I have two combos that can grab all four seals in CS2 which im not sure if they will work in Extend but if you dont mind listing some more four seal obtainable combos ESPECIALLY those that work on that fucking valk since were going to be seeing A LOT of him for Extend so Valk specifics are on demand here buddy :cool:

thanks bro

I know he said he was gonna add stuff like 4 seal combos, but since I've been keeping track of CSE combos I might as well post them to start it out at least.

Mid-Screen:

・(CH) 2D>j.D>2B>5D>j.B>j.4C>j.C = [~2,000] was 2,075 / 3 Seals

・(CH) 2D>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5C>6D (Character Specific) = [?] / 4 Seals

・(CH) 2D>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] / 4 Seals

・(CH) 6D>d.2B>5D>j.B>j.4C>j.C = [2,018] / 2 Seals

・(CH) 6D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [1,364] / 4 Seals

・(CH) j.D>d.5C>6D>623B = [?] was 1,986 / 2 Seals

・Throw>Air Dash>j.4C>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・Throw>Air Dash>j.4C>Web Nail>6D>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals

・(Back to Corner) (CH) 2D>dash under>5B>6C>j.4C>j.623B>d.6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D>(623B/Bumper/Mix-up) = [3,261?] was 3,582 (3,748 with 623B) / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>X (d.6D blue beat) = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals?

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D~ (Rachel,Arakune,Tager,Valkenhayn,Jin? Specific) = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>Web Nail>d.6D>j.D = [1,901?] / New Combo / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>Web Nail>d.6D>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [1,919] / New Combo / 4 Seals

・2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5D (Character Specific) = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D>X (j.4C teched) = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・(CH) 6A>5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D>X (tech) = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals

・5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>j.C = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・j.4B>5B>2B>5D>j.4C>Web Nail>RC>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D>X = [2,716] / 3 Seals

・(~50% or FC) (FC) 3C>(RC) d.2B>5B>j.4C>IAD dj.4C>dj.623B>d.6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D>623B = [?] was 3,524 / 2 Seals

Near Corner:

・(FC or *RC*) 3C>(RC)>2B>5B>j.4C>j.623B>d.6C>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5D = [3,279] / 4 Seals

・(CH) 2D>j.D>2B>5D>j.623B>Wall Bounce>5D = [?] was 2,024 / 4 Seals

・Throw>Air Dash>j.4C>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>X (Blue Beat d.6D)>Web Nail>5D>X (tech) = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals?

standing

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>X (5C teched before) = [?] / 3 Seals

・2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D>X = [1,713] / 4 Seals

・j.B>j.4C>5B>6C>j.623B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5D = 4 Seals

crouching

・5A>5B>2B>5D>j.B>j.4C>j.623B>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D = [2,197?] / 4 Seals

Corner:

・5C>5D>j.623B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>5C>6D>623B = [~2,700] New Combo? / 3 Seals

・6D>623B>2B>5D>j.4C>j.623B>dash under>5A>5B>j.A>j.B>j.4C>dj.4C>dj.C = [?] was 3,618 / 2 Seals

・(CH) 6D>d.2B>5B>j.B>j.4C>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D = [?] was 3,213 / 3 Seals

・(CH) 6D>d.2B>5D>j.4C>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D = [?] was 3,017 / 4 Seals

crouching

・5B>2B>5D>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>X (burst) = [?] / 3 Seals

・j.4B>5B>2B>5D>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [3,108?] / 4 Seals

That's pretty much all the ones I found looking through the list I have. These are just from what I've seen in videos which means there's probably others off other hits that I just haven't made note of yet. Or you can probably look at starters of one combo and see that it works on other stuff. Some of the mid-screen stuff probably works in the corner as well or just needs to be slightly adjusted.

I left in the other seal combos just in case some of them are character specific that aren't noted yet.

I'd say there's a good chance he can get 4 Seals off just about everything.

****It should be noted that you LOSE OKI on a lot of the seal combos now, but they sort of become tech traps, although I've rarely seen them work. I've seen j.4C or TK'd Fire Punch after 5D enders or even IAD Command Throws. But it is something to think about and keep in mind.****

Edited by zeth07

I was trying to practice these combos in CS2 and was wondering why I couldn't get the j.4C loop down.... I'm assuming the change that they did to j.4C makes this combo not possible in CS2? Or am I just bad at execution ;__;

j4c launches less and has more hitstun i think. its exactly why he can do more combos with it now, if you want to practice it try switching to cs1 frkz bang and turning off air tech

good stuff zeth, ill be trying these out next time i go out

I know he said he was gonna add stuff like 4 seal combos, but since I've been keeping track of CSE combos I might as well post them to start it out at least.

Mid-Screen:

・(CH) 2D>j.D>2B>5D>j.B>j.4C>j.C = [~2,000] was 2,075 / 3 Seals

・(CH) 2D>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5C>6D (Character Specific) = [?] / 4 Seals

・(CH) 2D>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] / 4 Seals

・(CH) 6D>d.2B>5D>j.B>j.4C>j.C = [2,018] / 2 Seals

・(CH) 6D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [1,364] / 4 Seals

・(CH) j.D>d.5C>6D>623B = [?] was 1,986 / 2 Seals

・Throw>Air Dash>j.4C>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・Throw>Air Dash>j.4C>Web Nail>6D>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals

・(Back to Corner) (CH) 2D>dash under>5B>6C>j.4C>j.623B>d.6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D>(623B/Bumper/Mix-up) = [3,261?] was 3,582 (3,748 with 623B) / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>X (d.6D blue beat) = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals?

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D~ (Rachel,Arakune,Tager,Valkenhayn,Jin? Specific) = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>Web Nail>d.6D>j.D = [1,901?] / New Combo / 3 Seals

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>Web Nail>d.6D>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [1,919] / New Combo / 4 Seals

・2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5D (Character Specific) = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D>X (j.4C teched) = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・(CH) 6A>5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D>X (tech) = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals

・5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>j.C = [?] New Combo / 3 Seals

・j.4B>5B>2B>5D>j.4C>Web Nail>RC>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D>X = [2,716] / 3 Seals

・(~50% or FC) (FC) 3C>(RC) d.2B>5B>j.4C>IAD dj.4C>dj.623B>d.6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D>623B = [?] was 3,524 / 2 Seals

Near Corner:

・(FC or *RC*) 3C>(RC)>2B>5B>j.4C>j.623B>d.6C>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5D = [3,279] / 4 Seals

・(CH) 2D>j.D>2B>5D>j.623B>Wall Bounce>5D = [?] was 2,024 / 4 Seals

・Throw>Air Dash>j.4C>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>X (Blue Beat d.6D)>Web Nail>5D>X (tech) = [?] New Combo / 4 Seals?

standing

・5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>X (5C teched before) = [?] / 3 Seals

・2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D>X = [1,713] / 4 Seals

・j.B>j.4C>5B>6C>j.623B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>6D>Web Nail>5D = 4 Seals

crouching

・5A>5B>2B>5D>j.B>j.4C>j.623B>d.6D>Web Nail>d.6D>Web Nail>5D = [2,197?] / 4 Seals

Corner:

・5C>5D>j.623B>6C>j.D>Web Nail>5C>6D>623B = [~2,700] New Combo? / 3 Seals

・6D>623B>2B>5D>j.4C>j.623B>dash under>5A>5B>j.A>j.B>j.4C>dj.4C>dj.C = [?] was 3,618 / 2 Seals

・(CH) 6D>d.2B>5B>j.B>j.4C>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D = [?] was 3,213 / 3 Seals

・(CH) 6D>d.2B>5D>j.4C>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.5C>6D = [?] was 3,017 / 4 Seals

crouching

・5B>2B>5D>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>d.6D>X (burst) = [?] / 3 Seals

・j.4B>5B>2B>5D>j.623B>reverse 6C>j.D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D = [3,108?] / 4 Seals

That's pretty much all the ones I found looking through the list I have. These are just from what I've seen in videos which means there's probably others off other hits that I just haven't made note of yet. Or you can probably look at starters of one combo and see that it works on other stuff. Some of the mid-screen stuff probably works in the corner as well or just needs to be slightly adjusted.

I left in the other seal combos just in case some of them are character specific that aren't noted yet.

I'd say there's a good chance he can get 4 Seals off just about everything.

****It should be noted that you LOSE OKI on a lot of the seal combos now, but they sort of become tech traps, although I've rarely seen them work. I've seen j.4C or TK'd Fire Punch after 5D enders or even IAD Command Throws. But it is something to think about and keep in mind.****

Alright i know its foolish hell even stupid to worry about the frkz combos but its something fun to do while in training mode hah im trying to branch out the ones that will at least be somewhat technical from that list

UPDATE 1.1 !!

I added a ton of new information. Most importantly the missing combo that branches from the 6A portion of the blockstring.

Also added a situational combo section for very specific stuff that is useful to know, including what to do when you reach the corner midway and a practical 6C punish combo.

I also added video footage of both blockstrings !

I added Huey's excellent trick for timing 6C after 2D

I added many details to the previous information to go a bit more in depth with certain combos that i found weren't explained properly. Most notable of these was more information about the j.C combo, since it is the most important one, and how to get more out of it if you use a better starter then j.C.

snip

Thanks for all those amazing seal combos Zeth !! I dont think i want to list all the possible seal combos in the second part of guide. Just like the FRKZ section, i'm going to try to cover tips and tricks on how to get the tricky seals out of the wall bound or out of specific characters. As well as the basic seal combos by character group. I'm going to need more time and experimentation though, im under the impression there is alot more to learn about the new seal combos then even FRKZ.

The seal combos you posted are going to be VERY useful. You've seen way more CSX vids then i have and your list of combos will greatly accelerate the testing any of us can do !

Fantastic guide, fantastically written and a fantastic reminder for me to learn a god damn FRKZ confirm

Thank you very much kaeru

Fantastic guide, fantastically written and a fantastic reminder for me to learn a god damn FRKZ confirm

Thank you very much kaeru

Great thread. Imo don't call it a mini guide anymore

Thanks for amazingly positive feedback ! It really feels good knowing this is useful afterall. No shortage of awesomeness from you guys !

Coming very soon, im going to add gold burst starting combos, and using gold bursts mid combo for more damage.

(i may have also found a way to phase out all the nezu box loops and replace them with my crossloop instead. This will make all relevant combos do more damage and be easier to execute. Check back very soon for this)

I'll be impressed if any of you guys can actually pull these off in a real match.

you underestimate the power of love, justice and burning friendship at the heart of every bang main.

so yeah, you're wrong.

I'll be impressed if any of you guys can actually pull these off in a real match.

Why wouldn't people be able to do FRKZ combos in a real match?

Ever since CS1 there have been j.4C "loops" so it's really no different. And for most of the people who've played Bang it really shouldn't be hard at all since the "hard" part is just doing the same things over and over again.

Although I guess one thing that might stop people is the fact that the other person might die before the combo/s even finish.

you underestimate the power of love, justice and burning friendship at the heart of every bang main.

so yeah, you're wrong.

Why wouldn't people be able to do FRKZ combos in a real match?

Ever since CS1 there have been j.4C "loops" so it's really no different. And for most of the people who've played Bang it really shouldn't be hard at all since the "hard" part is just doing the same things over and over again.

Although I guess one thing that might stop people is the fact that the other person might die before the combo/s even finish.

No hes right, not many of you pull it off ive seen your videos and others that post here and always drop the FRKZ.

If you want to be good with Bang you should ignore FRKZ and go straight to his basics. I have yet to encounter anyone in real life or online that have completed A frkz combo and had a good Bang.

You guys probably watch players such as Dora and Nezu pull off FRKZ but thats because their Bang is structurally sound and are allowed to pull this shit off. I went on here because FRKZ combos are meant to be done against the training dummy for fun...but thats me

No hes right, not many of you pull it off ive seen your videos and others that post here and always drop the FRKZ.

If you want to be good with Bang you should ignore FRKZ and go straight to his basics. I have yet to encounter anyone in real life or online that have completed A frkz combo and had a good Bang.

You guys probably watch players such as Dora and Nezu pull off FRKZ but thats because their Bang is structurally sound and are allowed to pull this shit off. I went on here because FRKZ combos are meant to be done against the training dummy for fun...but thats me

And yet you see a video of kaeru doing it in the 1st post...

You would think he would be perfectly capable of landing it in a real match by practicing it enough in training mode.

You guys are either overestimating how hard the combos are or underestimating some of the Bang players who put time into the game.

I'll give you two reasons why you might not see someone land the whole thing in a real match,

1) Opponent bursts as soon as you touch them or midway through the combos which leads to #2 or you end up getting killed.

2) They die before it's completely over.

I can tell you in CS2 for me personally by the time I get 4 Seals + FRKZ and touch someone without them bursting, the opponent will die from a much more simple combo so there's no need for me to do any kind of loops. In CSE that might not be the case but I'll see that for myself.

I just think it's pretty naive to think other players that aren't Dora or Nezu can't pull off FRKZ combos in a real match.

Then clearly you need to play better Bangs...

I can vouch for Kaeru's ability to pull these off in a real match. I saw him doing it against Brice.

I just think it's pretty naive to think other players that aren't Dora or Nezu can't pull off FRKZ combos in a real match.

You didn't know? You have to unlock FRKZ in Extend in order to use it. It costs 2500 yen. :kitty:

Then clearly you need to play better Bangs...

I can vouch for Kaeru's ability to pull these off in a real match. I saw him doing it against Brice.

You didn't know? You have to unlock FRKZ in Extend in order to use it. It costs 2500 yen. :kitty:

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is making my sides ache XD!!!

Sign in to follow this