Sign in to follow this  
kaeru

[CSE] Bang FuuRinKaZan Guide (v2.0)

I haven't seen this said yet, but that cross loop. Good stuff Kaeru. It's awesome, and not very difficult at all. I don't have CSE yet, but it looks better/easier than the old J.4c loops.

Yeah, I didn't specifically mention it but it's very nice.

I tried it, had it mostly down in about 15 minutes practice, very simple. I was doing an improvised confirm of (anything) 2C 2B (loop) x4 ashura for almost 6k effortless. Haha.

It makes me very happy to hear that, guys ! ill have the other combos that use the box loop replaced soon as well, sometime this weekend.

hm noticed something in cs2

if you kara cancel a dash with an air move, it seems that it doesnt use a dash unless its either 123 or 789, is it the same in cse?

hm noticed something in cs2

if you kara cancel a dash with an air move, it seems that it doesnt use a dash unless its either 123 or 789, is it the same in cse?

Actually Linear, i mention this in the guide. It's what makes the j.D, 2DASH possible, because at that point all your dashes would be exhausted. It still works this way.

The essence of all the FRKZ-Combos listed till now are fairly difficult execution wise, because of their loops

I feel that I should post some simplier, but less deadly combos

Tsuuna uploaded a lot of FRKZ combos on utube, some are quite the BnBs. All credit therefore goes to him

Midscreen

Cornercarry

air to air Ch.jb

improved midscreen

my own BnB midscreen combo is this:

(j.4c) j.c>5B(>2b)>2c>6Dash 2D>6Dash 5C>6Dash 2B>9Dash j.4C>6Dash j.4C>j.D>2Dash 5C>6D>Daifuka ~5800DMG does not gain 50 heat

Edited by Fish

The essence of all the FRKZ-Combos listed till now are fairly difficult execution wise, because of their loops

I feel that I should post some simplier, but less deadly combos

Tsuuna uploaded a lot of FRKZ combos on utube, some are quite the BnBs. All credit therefore goes to him

my own BnB midscreen combo is this:

(j.4c) j.c>5B(>2b)>2c>6Dash 2D>6Dash 5C>6Dash 2B>9Dash j.4C>6Dash j.4C>j.D>2Dash 5C>6D>Daifuka ~5800DMG does not gain 50 heat

This guide is for Extend not CS2.

First i want to thank you for posting some of Tsuuna's awesome combos !! But when i made this guide it was to help people get over the biggest obstacle of FRKZ; using them in real fights with variable circumstances. In fact when CSX comes out you will notice all the combos i have here are not execution heavy in the least ! The cross loop is alot easier then previous loops. I've watched alot of american and japanese players attempt to use FRKZ, and all too often, what i see is not combos dropped due to execution, but rather, opportunities ruined due to lack of hit confirm, or whiffs due to lack of optimal circumstances. You will notice none of the combos in my guide are character specific, none of them require counter hits, and none of them need you to deviate from the blockstring (this is the MOST important part!).

Really nice guide you have here Kaeru!

This means alot to me, DLM ! Thank you for the positive feedback. Its appreciated more then i can show !

This guide is for Extend not CS2.

Thanks for pointing this out as well Zeth ! Id also use this opportunity to mention pretty much all those combos will still work anyway, even in CSX.

I really wanted to tackle the blockstring into hit confirm into combo aspect of FRKZ. The whole guide is themed that way. I can tell you now there are definitely more damaging combos for ALL the starters listed in my guide. There's always something better, more situational, that you can do to squeeze out more damage.

AND

There's always a way to cut each one of the combos short for almost the same damage. The Notes section on building your own combos is kind of about that, because i dont want to clutter the guide with shortcuts. I'm sure everyone will invest the short amount of time necessary to figure out theres alot of spots you can fit a distortion early.

Edited by kaeru

yeah i did the jc starter one yesterday really easily with huey's suggestion of grab whiff... ended up dropping it cus i got scared of howmany loops i was doing and accidentally dash back ashura'd, but its really easy to get down

You need a medal, kaeru.

You need a medal, kaeru.

Oh my.. I really don't deserve it! I am deeply humbled.

What makes me more happy then a Medal is how well received this guide is. I'm glad my feelings are understood as i was unsure of the quality of my explanations. Id also like to ask that if anyone ever finds some part of the guide unclear or ambiguous to please point it out ! Ill be glad to rewrite any part however many times necessary to make sure it all makes sense.

Let's all show that BURNING TAMASHII !

..gozaru !

Edited by kaeru

UPDATE 2.0 !!

1. I replaced all the combos that had Nezu's box loop with cross loops !!
    I had a hard time deciding where to put the cross loop to balance difficulty and efficiency in those specific combos. I believe i settled on the right decision. They are all easier to do then the box loop now, do more damage, have more heat gain and take less space to do. I also included some short cut information on those specific combos to make them even easier to do for a bit less damage. Just read the tricks underneath them.
  2. I added a very good Gold Burst starting combo that nets 5.6k damage and builds it's own heat. Great to use in a tight spot and not hard to use at all if you learn the basic BnBs.
  3. I added an example of combo of how to add gold burst to most of the BnBs for not only better damage per hit, but extra cross loop cycles. The benefits are multiplicative !

Enjoy the update, this one was pretty big so the guide is officially at 2.0. I have no more plans of adding stuff to the FRKZ section, im going to focus on seals next.

Edited by kaeru

Great work, again.

By the way, I've been working with making Bang's FRKZ combos more mobile.

Basically, since bumpers are the absolute death of FRKZ combos, I have created several chokepoints where I can change the direction of my movement during the combo, so that I don't run into the "bumper combo ruin" that commonly happens. My two confirms right now are:

blank 2C 6 5C 6D etc, which moves back towards where Bang started

blank 2C 6 2B 9 j4C 2 5C 6D etc, which continues moving forward away from where bang started

Both of these will not be ruined by any bumper and can physically move Bang away from the bumpers. I haven't worked towards optimizing it, but they both easily hit 6k+ no matter how you confirm it. Thoughts, or other ways to do this?

Great work, again.

By the way, I've been working with making Bang's FRKZ combos more mobile.

Basically, since bumpers are the absolute death of FRKZ combos, I have created several chokepoints where I can change the direction of my movement during the combo, so that I don't run into the "bumper combo ruin" that commonly happens. My two confirms right now are:

blank 2C 6 5C 6D etc, which moves back towards where Bang started

blank 2C 6 2B 9 j4C 2 5C 6D etc, which continues moving forward away from where bang started

Both of these will not be ruined by any bumper and can physically move Bang away from the bumpers. I haven't worked towards optimizing it, but they both easily hit 6k+ no matter how you confirm it. Thoughts, or other ways to do this?

Im going to give this some very serious thought as soon as im done messing with seals, Dacid ! I think you have the right idea with this.

omg dem cross loops are sexy! Gonna play around with this...

haha, thanks, if you have any questions or problems, post them here and ill help. I tried putting all the little pot holes in the guide but if theres something specific that doesnt click, maybe i know the solution.

Ive got some 4 seal combos for valkenhayn when crouched in the viscinity of corner, and 3 seals on him when standing. I will try to put them up next week and get the second section started

Oh lord. I have a lot of practicing to do and the game isn't even out yet.

Good shit, kaeru. Hopefully, you'll show me this stuff live when we head over.

Very minor update, i clarified the trick to get Ashura to go off without crossing under. I think this will help quite a bit! to summarize; Finishing the 236236 while you are still in the air and then let the stick go back to 5 and wait. Once your feet touch the ground hit A. This completely removes any risk of getting a cross under and is a lot less stressful to input.

Another addition is a few extra notes about the second blockstring against very specific characters when crouched.

One thing i'd like to add is near the end of your loop, it's easier to exhaust all of bang's dashes so you can input the ashura in peace. Once you get to the end of the loop just 8DASH, j.4C, 6DASH j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, and then input ashura.

But even so, the cross loops let you get more j.4Cs in general which get you more heat and more damage. They're also easier to do ! I encourage you to give them a try !

Also, good job on the vid, and helping make the box loop accessible !!

Very minor update, i clarified the trick to get Ashura to go off without crossing under. I think this will help quite a bit! to summarize; Finishing the 236236 while you are still in the air and then let the stick go back to 5 and wait. Once your feet touch the ground hit A. This completely removes any risk of getting a cross under and is a lot less stressful to input.

Thank you!! That's the only problem I've been having with the combo so far. 50% of the time Ashura comes out, and the other 50% I'll end up doing either a 2A or 5A. Hopefully this helps.

Amazing stuff here, hoo boy, I always find this stuff a day after I need it for X event lol but anyway this is just... mind blowing...

the POWER. THE ABSOLUTE POWERRRRRRRRRRRR WAHHHAHAHAHAHA!

jC 2DASH 2C 6DASH 2D 6DASH 5C 6D 6DASH 2B 6C 8DASH j4C 6CANCEL jD 2DASH 2B (j4C loop)*3 ashura

6951 damage (midscreen), give 55 heat. Sorry if it was already posted.

Very nice BenB ! Thanks for the addition. Actually all the combos in the guide do more damage if you completely omit the 5B in the beginning, much like the one you found ! The reason why i didnt omit them in the combos is because i really wanted to focus on the blockstrings more then the combos, and how to hit confirm off those blockstrings. Great work though.

I would also like to add that if your opponent is a bit far when they block a j.C and if they continue to barrier the whole way to make the 2C part of the blockstring whiff, its a good idea to either omit the 5B and go straight into 2C, or even better to actually do; j.C, 2DASH, 5B, 2B, 2C. The point is that they will block it and the 2B will close the distance to make sure the 2C lands so that you can either combo from there with the following 6A, or reset pressure !!

I've used this in a lot of recent matches as people are starting to learn how to deal with FRKZ.

Just found a variation of your airthrow combo Kaeru:

AIRGRAB (with at least a single DASH remaining), 2DASH, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, 6DASH, 5C, 6DASH, 2B(9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 4, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 7739 Dmg 60 HEAT

Doesn't seem to work against Hakumen, Hazama, Litchi and Valkenhayn. I think it'll only be good to know that you can add 6DASH 5C 6DASH 2B after 2D just in case you really want the max damage combo, like, to make sure your opponent will be dead at the end of it.

Anyway Kaeru, I didn't thank you for this awesome topic, so, thanks a lot :>

Edited by BenB

You're most welcome !

2D, 6DASH, 5C can actually boost the damage of a lot of combos in this guide as well !! Unfortunately its character specific. But as you say, when you need absolute max damage possible to make sure it finishes the round, go for it !!!!!!

It makes me very happy to see people discover these more advanced things

Enjoy !!!!!

Sign in to follow this