Sign in to follow this  
kaeru

[CSE] Bang FuuRinKaZan Guide (v2.0)

About how long practicing this do you think it would take on average to get Fu Rin Ka Zan down?

To learn the combo(s), it will take a few days MAX to get them down almost perfectly, if you've tried other frkz combos in the past. If you've never touched FRKZ before i can almost guarantee it wont take more then 2 weeks to get the combos down.

Blockstrings are really more important then the combos though, and to learn the 2 basic blockstrings and be able to execute them in a real fight properly can take a bit more time. It all depends how much you get to use FRKZ against quality opponents. There are people that run away, people that mash, and people that panic when you go into FRKZ. And you DONT WANT to be at Neutral in FRKZ. If you stick to activating FRKZ when your opponent is stuck in blockstun (giving them guard bonus), and go for the blockstrings religiously, you can speed up your learning experience. Activating FRKZ on wakeup as a reversal to land a clean j.C counter hit is another great way to get successful experience. Setting your dummy to block randomly and performing the blockstrings over and over can help tremendously to build muscle memory as well.

Learning to move around and space in FRKZ is something i didnt even touch in the guide because its toughest part and most people will learn this by doing more then through reading.

And.. Sorry i still havent made the seal section. There are plenty of nice seal combos floating around already though. I still plan on doing it soon, because instead of listing combos, i want to go through the different combo roots. This way the videos and advice will be relevant to other combos you may find that are not going to be listed in the guide. It should even allow most people invent there own seal combos. Look forward to it !

(personally, i find the complicated seal combos to be more difficult then FRKZ itself, LOL)

Just found a "fancy" combo:

Ground Throw cancel > FRKZ activation > 6C > jD 2DASH > 5C > 6D 6DASH > 2D 6DASH > 5C 6DASH > 2B 9DASH > j4C 2DASH > 5C 6DASH > 2B 9DASH > j4C loop x 3 > Ashura

Deals 7327 damage and gain 56 heat. I know we won't see that often in a match but eh, we can always dream I guess? :3

@Kaeru: do you want some help for the 4 seals combo? I know the seal section isn't 4 seals only but I can always help for this.

EDIT: just improved the airthrow combo again, I just added a 5C in the combo, so:

AIRGRAB (with at least a single DASH remaining), 2DASH, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, 6DASH, 5C, 6DASH, 2B, 9DASH, 5C, 6DASH, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 4, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 7892 Dmg 59 HEAT

Note: you can do this combo from airthrow cancel (when not in FRKZ stance) and then activate FRKZ into the combo. Still doesn't apply to Hazama Hakumen Litchi Valk.

Edited by BenB

Just found a "fancy" combo:

Throw cancel > FRKZ activation > 6C > jD 2DASH > 5C > 6D 6DASH > 2D 6DASH > 5C 6DASH > 2B 9DASH > j4C 2DASH > 5C 6DASH > 2B 9DASH > j4C loop x 3 > Ashura

Deals 7327 damage and gain 56 heat. I know we won't see that often in a match but eh, we can always dream I guess? :3

@Kaeru: do you want some help for the 4 seals combo? I know the seal section isn't 4 seals only but I can always help for this.

EDIT: just improved the airthrow combo again, I just added a 5C in the combo, so:

AIRGRAB (with at least a single DASH remaining), 2DASH, 6C, 8or9DASH, j.4C, 6CANCEL, j.D, 2DASH, land, 5C, 6D, 6DASH, 2D, 6DASH, 5C, 6DASH, 2B, 9DASH, 5C, 6DASH, 2B, (9DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C, 6DASH, j.4C) x 4, land, 236236A (ASHURA) 7892 Dmg 59 HEAT

Note: you can do this combo from airthrow cancel (when not in FRKZ stance) and then activate FRKZ into the combo. Still doesn't apply to Hazama Hakumen Litchi Valk.

Awesome finds ! Could you clarify i the first combo is off air grab rapid cancel? just to be sure.

Also thanks for the offer for help ! The only real difficulty is getting my recording setup back together. My CRT died on me and now i have a digital setup and its a bit more annoying to setup recording. But i will get it up and running soon !

And lastly, those 2D 6DASH 5C combo fillers are always amazing and always lead to more damage, but character specific. Totally worth it against the characters it works on !!

Alright, kewl. I haven't touched FRKZ prior to this game, but decided I finally wanna get to it, thanks!

This probably works on Tager as well. I'll test it when i get home. Unfortunately, I dont think this will work on most of the cast, though.

Bang Seals+FRKZN - THE POWER IS YOURS

yo i made a short vid on getting seals on a fast and easy way off certain scenarios (that usually happen in casuals/tourney)

*note youtube gave me a notice that viewers from USA may not be able to view this so i uploaded it on 2 other sites*

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roKuvDjlAX4

2. http://gelomorelos.multiply.com/video/item/7/BBCSEX_Bang_Power_Is_Yours.mpg

3. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17211593

hope this helps someone XD

I have a question about one of the combo's, u have 5c-6d-2d delay 6c why do that when u can 8dash j4c 6dash j4c jd etc? Its a lot easier n there's no real timing

I have a question about one of the combo's, u have 5c-6d-2d delay 6c why do that when u can 8dash j4c 6dash j4c jd etc? Its a lot easier n there's no real timing

if that's referring to my frkzn combo, well.. there's also no real timing on 6D 2D j.4C xD

doing j.4C loops are all the same to me, theyre gna reach 4-5k on a decent starter and by the time u activate FRKZN on a real match, the enemy's bound to die on 1 decent combo anyway XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM7BxGAvpp8&feature=youtu.be

Improvement of the midscreen combo off jC. Doesn't work on half the cast :v

I couldn't tell but does that build it's own meter for Ashura?

Because just doing the regular j.C combo straight into 2C, does 7.1k and builds it's own meter for Ashura anyway.

j.C>2C = 4 loops = 7,103 + 60 Heat

2B>2C = 4 loops = 7,067 + 60 Heat

5B>2C = 4 loops = 6,794 + 60 Heat

j.C>5B = 3 loops = 6,819 + 55 Heat

6A>2C = 3 loops = 6,192 + 52 Heat

5C>2C = 3 loops = 6,133 + 53 Heat

5A>5B = 3 loops = 5,320 + 50 Heat (remove the 6C)

Edited by zeth07

Yes it does built it's own meter, except if you RC something right before it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq0Uv43rPwc&feature=youtu.be

Combo variation for the rest of the cast.

Btw zeth, if you have a combo that does 7.1k off jC 2C other than the one I already posted, please tell us. I tried the regular combo with jC 2C but it's reach 6.8k max for me.

Edited by BenB

j.C>2C>6 dash>5C>6D>6 dash>2D>6 dash>delay 6C>j.4C>j.D>2 dash>2B>loop x4>Ashura = 7,103 Damage + 60 Heat

That's how I've been doing FRKZ combos, and it works off most starters you're going to get. The only difference is if you land 5A>5B, in which case you just remove the 6C part.

j.C>2C = 4 loops = 7,103 + 60 Heat

2B>2C = 4 loops = 7,067 + 60 Heat

5B>2C = 4 loops = 6,794 + 60 Heat

j.C>5B = 3 loops = 6,819 + 55 Heat

6A>2C = 3 loops = 6,192 + 52 Heat

5C>2C = 3 loops = 6,133 + 53 Heat

5A>5B = 3 loops = 5,320 + 50 Heat (remove the 6C)

Have you already posted on the topic? Because I didn't find it when I first search it. Either way, thanks, this'll be helpful.

Have you already posted on the topic? Because I didn't find it when I first search it. Either way, thanks, this'll be helpful.

Ummm....it's Kaeru's combo from the first post....

EDIT: the only thing I do different is I dash over to the other side after 2D then do 6C. That's just how I got comfortable with it. I think other people have said you can do a throw whiff as well if you want.

Edited by zeth07

Well, I can't find it on the first post, so excuse my blindness :/

Btw I think I just found a variant that deals a little bit more damage, I'll post it later, probably.

Well, I can't find it on the first post, so excuse my blindness :/

Btw I think I just found a variant that deals a little bit more damage, I'll post it later, probably.

It's the first one in the Combo Section. It is just with j.C>5B>2C>etc. cause that's a much easier hit confirm than just j.C>2C. It's just the same combo except no 5B and 1 more loop.

Oh you talk about THIS combo, yeah but that's just not the same to me (you know, like, I saw the combo once, and didn't try to remove 5B and add one loop).

Anyway, here's the variation:

j.C>2C>6 dash>5C>6D>6 dash>2D>6 dash>5C>2B>6C>j.4C>j.D>2 dash>2B>6C>9 dash>j.4C>2 dash>(8dash j.4C 6dash j.4C 2dash) x 4> Ashura = 7227 Damage + 57 Heat

This variation doesn't work on Hakumen Hazama Valkenhayn and Litchi I'd assume, I'll try this later and edit the post. Also, this variation might not be worth learning if you don't want to deal with nezu loop.

Now I think I'll try to optimize the corner combo, what's the max we can actually get in the corner atm? Just to save me some time.

EDIT: jC>2DASH>2C>2D>4DASH>6DASH>623B>4DASH>6C>jD>2DASH>5C>6D>6C>9DASH>j4C>2DASH>5C>6DASH>2B>9DASH>j4C>2DASH>5C>6DASH>2B>6C>8DASH>j4C>7DASH>j4C>j623B>Ashura 8169 damage 66 heat

here

Doesn't work on Litchi, Makoto and Ragna (6D 6C won't connect so just switch "6D>6C>9DASH>j4C>2DASH" by "6D>6DASH>2B>9DASH>j4C>2DASH")

I think it's useless to note that I was highly inspired by Nezu's combo.

Edited by BenB

Like i mentioned earlier in the thread you can get more damage on ALL the combos in the guide by omitting that 5B. The idea behind this FRKZ guide is not combos, its blockstrings.. and the combos that go with them.

The reason i stress this so much is that if you do j.C, 2C and your opponent blocked the j.C, it's MUCH easier for them to mash reversal out on you before the 2C can hit. Even j.C, 5B has a tiny frame trap if you make them block the j.C too high in the air. Right now people dont know how to deal with FRKZ very well and will flail madly and get hit by any blockstring, but as people learn this is going to change. BUT if you do a j.C and it HITS and you hitconfim while you 2DASH and go into 2C, this is BY FAR better. There are other advanced hit confirms you can learn to do, like this.

I urge everyone to try to pull off the j.B abare combo as much as possible in a real match. You will discover some things you didnt realize you were capable of ! And also you will figure out some interesting things about how good pressure it is. Every time i use it in a real match, the first j.B is blocked, and the j.4C that comes after is a counter hit because they are barriering as i cross them up. It is also DECEPTIVELY lenient and really shows you how good 6C is as a normal. Just be careful of the pitfalls that i mention.

I just tried this: Shoryu in a jC 2C blockstring. Ragna can only ID if he IB, which makes jC 2C difficult to counter normally. Also, you have a lot of option off a single jC (IOH), like jC 2C, jC 3DASH 2A, jC 6DASH jC/j.4C... I know jC isn't all in FRKZ Bang's gameplay, but it's really good by itself I think. If your opponent tries something, just 2A counter into jC, that's almost impredictable as a reset, and it helps a lot.

By the time your opponent realise that jumping can be used as an "easy jC blocking", then you can go for airthrow. And when they start mashing in the air > jB! That's how I play Bang FRKZ, so of course we won't get all along because there'll be some tiny difference between each player's gameplay.

Btw, sorry if we were off topic, I won't redo this for sure.

Don't worry about it !! Discussion is very welcomed and very important !! Besides, everything you say is correct.

I only want to point out that the gap between a j.C, 2C is variable depending on how high up you hit them with j.C. You can make it air tight, but its possible to create an unwanted gap. Knowing about that possibility and weighing the risk reward is important for all of us. Thank you for your contributions Ben, dont stop there !

What's the corner combo you use? So far mine is jc-5b-2b-2c-6dash-5c-6d-6dash-2d-6dash- 5c-4dash-2b-6c-8dashj4c-jd-2dash-2b-6c-8dash-j4c-8dash-j4c-623b-ashura

Sign in to follow this