Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Mamation

Ky Kiske vs Sol - 5-5/Even

I hope this is a joke post, otherwise list some reasons why.

Its not even that important now, my post was deleted because of how I felt bout Ky. Mind you I played this character since Reload, so I'm well versed in how he use to play and how he plays now. Whoever took my post down got mad and felt that I shouldn't speak badly of Ky, but with much BS that floats around here I felt that was a bitch move. Nothing against you Buri but I'm not sayin shit, cuz when I give you the reasons behind what I said, that might get deleted too...

~1~

Its not even that important now, my post was deleted because of how I felt bout Ky. Mind you I played this character since Reload, so I'm well versed in how he use to play and how he plays now. Whoever took my post down got mad and felt that I shouldn't speak badly of Ky, but with much BS that floats around here I felt that was a bitch move. Nothing against you Buri but I'm not sayin shit, cuz when I give you the reasons behind what I said, that might get deleted too...

~1~

How about you state your reasons before making such allegations? That way, I wont have to worry about deleting your post.

You can speak bad about Ky's matchups as bad as you want, that's the spirit of argument. You're welcome to it. But when you just randomly post about how bad Ky is in a specific matchup with no reason to it, then I will consider it as spam and delete it. Simple.

i also still can't see why Sol v Ky is 5:5 when Sol do a corner press v Ky, he can stay there for a long time and he can do some nasty damage with simple setup and stupid WT while when Ky do the corner press v Sol, he can barely keep his pace, if he melee sol he should always cautious for being IB Vipered and when he space him out GV was always be some of threat CSE FB was a good bait moves, but that shouldn't be spammed... and his damage output/combo setup compared to Sol? the only reason i agree with this 5:5 match up is... if Ky can Chipping Sol to death with SE in runaway games... but that if the Sol he go against is sluggish, not to mention Sol has his 5k =| just my personal opinion about this match up

I got the 5S thing at the start of the match to work, but I still feel more comfortable just backdashing or blocking.

i also still can't see why Sol v Ky is 5:5

when Sol do a corner press v Ky, he can stay there for a long time and he can do some nasty damage with simple setup and stupid WT

while when Ky do the corner press v Sol, he can barely keep his pace, if he melee sol he should always cautious for being IB Vipered and when he space him out GV was always be some of threat CSE FB was a good bait moves, but that shouldn't be spammed... and his damage output/combo setup compared to Sol?

Thats how most of his matches end up. Just need to know when to attack and when not to. Ky is more like playing reload, except you cant make any mistakes. His only way out of the corner is uppercut and sometimes stun diper.

I'll add more in a bit but I'll start right now.

Grand Viper:There are a few counters to GV.

If you block one look at the amount of tension Sol has. If he is over 50% then he most likely plans on Roman cancelling into a mix up.(most likely Wild throw) However the gap between the final hit and whatever hit came before it (doesn't matter but Sol can control the number of hits.) is a pretty long gap. Using this info there is a lot of choices you have;

1.Throw him. GV puts Sol really close to you so its pretty easy to just grab him before the hit.

2.Jab him. Any of the faster normals will work from there it's just combo into knockdown.

3.Backdash. In theory this is the best choice since you can pretty much punish Sol with whatever into big damage. But this one is the most risk.

I'll put more random crap up later.

I would not throw sol after he RC's his GV, i mean ya u are close but there is still block stun to deal with. Plus he is pushing u back with each hit, so depending on where he RC's it, u may not be close enough anyway

I tested this yesterday, and if sol doesn't rc his gv, there is a very slight opening just before he does the uppercut. In that slight opening you can do anything...namely:

1) throw

2) stick anything out, even 5H

3) VT

4) 2D, FB, 6p 5s 2h, HSVT -> followup, do one loop for about 200 damage

These are all way better to do than blocking the uppercut part of of the GV. But of course, it's very risky cuz messing up will result in CH, leading half your life gone