Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] Ragna vs Λ-11-

Block Punishes vs Lambda:

Guaranteed:

4B

- dash 5A

- IB > (dash) 5B

Whiffed 4D/2D/6D

- far, (CH on 4D) HF

- closer, dash 5B/5C

j.214D

- (dash) 5B

236C

- dash 5A

- IB > (dash) 5B

Calamity Sword

- dash 2C

- During flash BK > dash FC 2C

Swords super

- During flash CH CS

Anyone let me know if something isn't true or feel free to add anything I miss.

Use Deadspike to cancel her 214C/D.

It'll prevent them from trying to run underneath you if you try to jump over it and prevents primer loss

Wouldn't this leave you completely open at certain distances though, considering how she'd recover from 214D~C some time before you recover from DS?

Wouldn't this leave you completely open at certain distances though, considering how she'd recover from 214D~C some time before you recover from DS?

After trying it out some, it seems like if you're at full screen and do DS as early as possible and it cancels the 214D~C, she can do 5D and there's nothing you can do but block it (or CS lol). However that might still be a better situation than if you jumped over or decided to just block it.

Toan asked me what I think when I'm fighting Lambda, so I'm gonna leave this here. Agree? Disagree?

There's this one space when you're like 3-4 character spaces apart when Lambda's swords are the strongest against Ragna. I spend most of the match at neutral trying to avoid getting in that area. I wait out of that range and see what you do. If you stay full screen and try to throw swords, the goal is to keep pushing forward until you corner yourself, and then go to town. If you try and come to me, I need to either out space you with my better normals, block your mixup and then go to town, or if I block and you jump out, try and push you to the corner again.

Yeah it's pretty much block and be patient. Just make sure she doesn't cross under/jump over you. The main thing I try to do is have a good idea of when they will backdash and try to dash a bit farther and 5B (Like not just doing 66 5B; doing an actual dash and then 5B) so if I do hit them I will be closer to do DID and get knockdown. or try to 5C and then IAD to get closer. Unless they are mashing backdash then you get closer for more pressure which is obviously important. Other than that I'm just hoping they mess up.

I guess my real question is do you approach more by dashing and barrier blocking or dash jumping and barrier blocking?

The only reason I ask that is cause people will probably have mixed results and I wanted to see what people thought was better.

Yeah it's pretty much block and be patient. Just make sure she doesn't cross under/jump over you. The main thing I try to do is have a good idea of when they will backdash and try to dash a bit farther and 5B (Like not just doing 66 5B; doing an actual dash and then 5B) so if I do hit them I will be closer to do DID and get knockdown. or try to 5C and then IAD to get closer. Unless they are mashing backdash then you get closer for more pressure which is obviously important. Other than that I'm just hoping they mess up.

I guess my real question is do you approach more by dashing and barrier blocking or dash jumping and barrier blocking?

The only reason I ask that is cause people will probably have mixed results and I wanted to see what people thought was better.

Air dashing against Lambda is just silly especially if she is full screen away, unless your close enough to get away with it or just barely dodge those swords like a boss I'd recommend the latter lol

Dashing and barrier blocking, more often than not. The only real times I IAD in, is if there's just that much distance to cover and I'm sure the Lambda won't 6D me, or if I know the Lambda will 5D, which is a free punish.

Anyway, I've been finding myself using c.ID on Lambda's wakeup alot recently (with meter to rapid of course). If she blocks, you rapid to keep pressure, if she does wakeup reversal super you win, if you know they'll throw OS you get a TRM. Gold burst beats it for obvious reasons and Counter Assault probably beats it too, I'd need to test it personally.

Its just what I hate about Lambda v Ragna matchup, because even with the method Seo mentioned (which is the best way overall) Lambda is still very capable of sapping your primers very easily and her ranged mixup (especially with meter) is just bloody ridiculous sometimes :3

Air dashing against Lambda is just silly especially if she is full screen away, unless your close enough to get away with it or just barely dodge those swords like a boss I'd recommend the latter lol

Oh no not airdashing. I meant running and jumping cause you go farther if you dash, but still retain all your normal options.

Ragna vs Lambda-11

[General Thoughts]

5-5. Yes, Lambda can zone you for free, but once you catch her there really isn't much she can do about it. Patience is crucial here. Pretty straight forward matchup.

---

[start of the Match]

Best thing you can do is just stand there and react to what they do. If they try and dash forward and attack, 5B them out of it. IAD back j.2D will whiff and you can gain a little bit of ground, but it's still safe for Lambda to do.

---

[Fullscreen Neutral]

- Not much you can do here. Be patient, and wait for her to whiff a sword. If she whiffs 6D or 4D, push forward. The goal here isn't actually to tag her, but try and push her towards the corner. Even if she gets away by IAD back, it's still helping you towards your goal. Make sure to use Dead Spike to cancel Spike Chasers.

- Getting hit by random swords is a free 2.5K for her, so be sure to use barrier during your approach.

---

[Midscreen Neutral]

- Biggest annoyance here is j.2D. If you're caught blocking this and she has an air dash, Lambda is back to the full screen game. However, if you have 50 meter, you can hit her with Carnage Scissors after she does 2DD>214D~C if she does anything but blocks. It's still a guess though.

- If she tries to do spike chaser here, dash Dead Spike. If you're close enough it will cancel out the Spike Chaser AND net you a counter hit. You shouldn't jump barrier Spike Chaser because that gives Lambda a chance to dash under you, potentially ruining all of your work to push her to the corner. As long as you're not already in the air, any sword that she throws out at this range is a guess, and if it's wrong you're in.

- You can react to wheel start up and IAD in for free if she tries to do it in a midscreen block string. But you really shouldn't be air-dashing at all. Again, patience is your strongest friend here.

---

[Lambda's Back to the Corner]

- Congratulations, the match just got a lot easier, but if you're not careful she will super jump, air dash out, or get you to block and then 236A out. As long as you're aware of those options, once you touch her you can pretty much go to town.

- Watch out for Calamity Sword when she has 50 meter. You can space Dead Spike to bait it.

[Ragna's Back to the Corner]

- It can be tough to get out at times if the Lambda spaces them self correctly since Lambda's swords are so strong against Ragna. Lambda can pick between fullscreen/midscreen/and close game plans here, and her one chance mix-up is a lot more rewarding if it lands.

- Generally, Lambda will take this as a safe way to zone you, so treat it as a mix between fullscreen and midscreen Lambda, and get ready for the long push to the opposite corner.

---

[Lambda's Pressure]

- Lambda's pressure boils down to one of two things, one chance at a good, but unsafe mix-up, or get the hell out. 4B(2) is super fast if the first hit is whiffed, so her mix-up can be pretty good. However, if you IB/IB Barrier to mess up your opponent's spacing, her mix-up becomes a lot less scary.

[Ragna's Pressure]

- If you're midscreen, you have to be ready for her to try back dash out of your pressure, commonly after Dead Spike.

- Lambda can go under Gauntlet Hades and 5B with 3C.

[Lambda's Okizeme]

- Wheel oki is strong, but there are points where you can roll/jump out of it if the other player messes up the timing. Rolling forward on messed up wheel oki is a free punish. Corner 3C oki is really strong.

- Finished corner combos that end in j.214D don't really have okizeme but she can react to your tech and pressure you with swords.

[Ragna's Okizeme]

- 22C is very strong against Lambda, since she doesn't have a meterless reversal and her buttons are slow. Abuse it.

---

[Random Stuff]

- Severin would like me to inform you that it's possible to do run dash j.B over Spike Chaser. It's ridiculously hard, and if you mess up you got hit by counter hit Spike Chaser and you're eating 3K at least, but it's possible.

*Work in Progress*