Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE] Jin vs Lambda

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

You pretty much have to guess which sword she will use at this range. If you get a correct read on her 5D, then you can either do TK 236C and the Ice Blade will go over 5D or you can do 214C if you have the meter to RC it on block. If she uses 6D or 4D in this scenario then you're screwed. If you're not trying to play guessing games, then just do dash + barrier and dash jump forward + hold back to slowly work your way in. If she guesses wrong on your approach while you're dashing and she uses 6D, then you can punish the recovery with dashing 2D. If she guesses wrong with the 5D while you jumped, then risk it with the j.C or land and resume your approach

IB all of the sword follow-ups (5DD, 6DD, 4DD) for free meter. Some Lambda's are daring and will try to hit you with either 236B or 6DD after you block 5DD; IB the former and react to the latter. Some are hella daring and will try to get you with 236C; that move is punishable on IB with 66 5B. Sometimes they'll use 236A to attempt a quick mix-up (usually a throw). Then there are others who will use 236D and 236D~C to trap you for a mix-up.

The way to get around all this is simple. After you IB 5DD, block low and wait for 236A/B. If you don't feel any hit-stun when she dashes towards you, then she's going to go for a mix-up so get ready to react to the throw attempt. Alternatively, if your reactions are decent, you can DP D her as she's dashing towards you to beat both 236A and B.

Now if nothing comes out immediately after 5DD, then dash forward. If she tried to do 236D~C then you'll run right past the saw blade and be able to punish her with 2D. If she tries 236D to stuff your approach after you IB 5DD, then react to that and either jump over it or do 214C to punish it. If she does 236C after 5DD then you'll have to react that as well and hit that Barrier in order to stop your dash and block it.

If she's using 214D to try and approach then react to it and nullify the protruding swords with TK 236C. Alternatively, you can react to it and punish it with Ice Wave. The thing is that if she used it while you were jumping then you have no choice but to block it otherwise you'll most likely trade if you try to push a button or you'll get punished if you try to use an Ice Blade.

Lambdas like to use 214D~C when they're getting close to the corner so they can use the protruding swords as shield while they dash forward to escape. React to it with Ice Wave or get her during start-up with 236B or 214D if she did it while you were grounded. If you're in the air and she's starting up 214D~C, then use j.C for a CH. The problem here is knowing which 214D she will use; if she uses the short version and you use j.C to try and punish then you'll trade and she'll recover in time for a follow-up to CH 214D.

When approaching, try not to super jump or double jump. You're just giving her more time to react with 2D or even worse, she'll use that chance to dash under you to escape.

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

If Lambda feels the pressure on her then she'll most likely try to apply some pressure herself at this range with 66 2B or 66 4B(1).

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

Her Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

Her Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

What should I do to stop Lambda from backdashing out of my pressure? Is there a safe way to deal with it or do I have to take some risks to punish her? Mostly care about stopping her from doing so after 6B, 5C and 2D.

There is not a lot of risk you have to take with Jin.

I use 5C to catch Lambda on her backdash. It's probably one of Jin's most reliable tools for fucking up her backdash. Also, it helps to do TK C ice blade during pressure, if she backdashes, she'll have to go on the defensive (which will allow you to continue pressure), or get hit by the blade.

What should I do to stop Lambda from backdashing out of my pressure? Is there a safe way to deal with it or do I have to take some risks to punish her? Mostly care about stopping her from doing so after 6B, 5C and 2D.

After 2D: If you call out the back dash, then you can dash in and use 5C. That's assuming that she does it as early as possible when you can catch her during her recovery. If she delays it then you'll miss with 5C. You could also just do 2D again but the risk that comes with that is much higher than the reward.

After 6B: Assuming that she does it as early as possible, go for dashing 5B here and you'll catch her back dashing. If she delays it then you can use dashing 5C instead.

After 5C: Assuming that she does it as early as possible, go for a dashing 5C right after the first 5C gets blocked. You could also use 5D after 5C or 2D after 5C if you're feeling lucky. If you're relatively close to her or she IBs 5C, then you can do 6B for huge damage.