Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE] Jin vs Carl

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

For now I just have one piece of advice... ZONE THE FUCK OUTTA HIM! J.a is extremely fast so you can't approach him wildly in the air. And if you slip up you could be taking a 3-4k combo midscreen :/ not to mention his pressure can get overwhelming at times... so it would just be a smarter decision to play keep away until you KNOW for a fact that it is okay to rush him down.

Pretty much what Minoru said. I have yet to fight a competent Carl yet but zoning and correctly spacing J.c has been working wonders. Ice blades are OK from a distance but you've gotta be aware of Carl's aerial approach as you're doing it, nothing makes you feel worse than being stuck in the animation of throwing an ice blade but seeing that you should have DP'd him out of the air. I'll wait until I meet up with CrazyApe next Saturday and see what I can get from fighting him in a few offline sets at casuals. I'll be able to give a through analysis on the match up if he shows up that is.

hmmm played for a bit with a pretty decent jap carl

good tools against him are j.a j.c 2a 2c 5d tk c ice sword (5c and 2d to a certain extent)

6d is pretty terrible against him, he'll easily get behind you and rape you

in corner backstep walk foward 2c is pretty good against him since theres a good chance he'll try to command dash out

hmmmm other than that......iono seems like a regular match to me but hitconfirming is a bitch cuz of doll

oh and unblockables/semi-unblockables......yeah pretty much alwas save 50 meter for DAA and hope you block the first hit lol