Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CSE] Relius vs. Arakune

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

Thanks to Ignis, it is proven that Relius can ruin Arakune's curse game, be aware of your timing and keep your eye on the Ignis meter and how you use it, though.

Thanks to Ignis, it is proven that Relius can ruin Arakune's curse game, be aware of your timing and keep your eye on the Ignis meter and how you use it, though.

Not trying to be a dick, but would you mind expanding on what you mean by this? I mean, it's all well and good that this may be the case, but what exactly is it that we can do with Ignis to ruin his curse game?

Is it possible to wait curse out by hiding inside of 236236D? I don't think it'll last the entire curse but you could probably prevent them from doing an 8K combo or something. I'd test this myself but I know nothing about Arakune and curse other than if I get cursed I'm pretty much done for. But yeah, could you pop that off if you get cursed then jump where Ignis is swinging to force Arakune to wait out your distortion while his curse meter is going down? Or does he have a way in?

Ignis doesn't change direction once the super starts, so he just has to cross to the other side of Ignis and it'd be free.

Probably wouldn't be that hard for him, considering

Ignis doesn't change direction once the super starts, so he just has to cross to the other side of Ignis and it'd be free.

Probably wouldn't be that hard for him, considering

You misunderstood my question. The situation is, you get cursed, you pop off 236236D then jump over Ignis so you're in front of her. Actually hitting Arakune is not the goal in this situation you're just running/waiting for the curse to end. If you were able to sit inside of the area where Ignis is swinging, would Arakune be able to pull you away from Ignis so he won't get hit by the distortion? Arakune can jump over her for all I care, now I have her back as a shield and the curse is wearing off. See what I'm saying?

That sounds like a pretty good place to be, but jumping over her to get in front of her after you activate the super might be hard to do with the screen covered in bugs. If you can manage that then I suppose hiding inside her flailing arms is probably the safest place to be. Waste a decent amount of curse time. More than a counter assault or something anyway.