Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CSE] Rachel Combos

I used to just focus on getting to feel how j.2D > jc9 > J.2C [lvl2] was like in training mode without putting it into a combo. When I got used to how it felt, I then started trying to put it into combos. As many have been told on here you just got to keep practicing and then it'll become natural to you :)

In training mode from the starting position I did jump9 > J.2D > jc9 > J.2C with "Force counter hit" on, (I didn't include J.C as I was just getting used to the J.2D part onwards) to see if I could get the ground bounce to happen from doing that section on it's own. When I got used to doing that I then tried it in combos like 6A CH > 5B > jc9 > J.C > J.2D > jc9 > j.2C [lvl 2] then you just keep practicing, soon after you then start learning the possible combos onwards after the J.2C [lvl2]

In a way I guess you could get the training dummy set to "jump" then you could practice jump9 > J.C > J.2D onwards that way.

I find it generally easier to break things down and work on things one at a time. I'm not very good at explaining things but I tried my best to explain how I got used to it. Apologies in advance if I make no sense :)

Trying to pick this character up again after dropping her in CS1 because lolarcsys. Just had a few questions:

1) How exactly does j.2C level mechanic work? I'm not totally clear on why 2D j.2C works to give you level 2, or why 8D j.236A j.2C gives me level 3.

2) Is there any reason why doing 5B 3C 9D etc. isn't listed on the combo chart? Is it generally considered to not be worth the wind, since it screws with the spacing on the followup combo?

3) Is it socially acceptable to use all your wind in every combo, so long as you can end with frog oki? It seems like ending with a frog oki after being on the ground long enough will give you all your wind back anyway.

4) Is it worth doing 3C 214C 3C if you don't need it to buy time to recharge frog mid-combo? It seems like the damage isn't that good and having a pole on top of the opponent is free pressure.

simple. this isnt explained in the frame data, when you wind down, you gain more velocity. gain enough and j.2c lv1 becomes j.2c lv2. how this was found out? practice! it took about 2 years before madao wow'd everyone.

...j.236a j2c lv3 builds its own velocity from falling from such a great distance.

pretty much. its pretty unreliable.

in the corner, using all wind for frog oki is -ok.- midscreen, no. if you will combo into bbl at any point of any combo, yes.

you may need the heat or may want to get closer using dash 3c iris dash 3c. otherwise, no, you dont necessarily need to use it; in EX, in the corner, poles get their prime positioning during george combos. in CP we wont have to worry as much with wall bouncing lobelias.

simple. this isnt explained in the frame data, when you wind down, you gain more velocity. gain enough and j.2c lv1 becomes j.2c lv2. how this was found out? practice! it took about 2 years before madao wow'd everyone.

...j.236a j2c lv3 builds its own velocity from falling from such a great distance.

That helps. This in particular, though, why do j.236A? Does it actually make you fall faster after?

I find it helps to time a little for when you go to press J.2C for if you do J.2C without using J.236A before hand, I find I sometimes do J.2C too early and my opponent doesn't get hit in the right place in the air... if what I remember is correct. (This might be me talking a load of crap but I find it helps, may be I'm just used to it or something. Apologies in advance if I make no sense xD )

Omg stop apologizing lol

The j.236a just makes you fall right away, it's a clever timing thing that's all. It's really useful if you start a corner BBL when they are quite high in the air, like after j.c > j.c > j.214c > land BBL. Gives you a lot of time to do it.

It's part of her last challenge so I doubt it's a glitch.

Lots of glitches are known by the developers and just accepted. Fighting games are full of cute unintended interactions.

Keep in mind that the challenge was created after the trick was found.

Btw guys it's probably what kirbster said and likely not a glitch at all.

the level 2 j.2c tutorial was taken off youtube. was there a re upload or did someone archive it? :3?

now if only i knew how to watch nico vids x.x

thank you though

I already know how to do the level 2 j.2C combos, but it's nice to see a video where j.B is added before j.C > level 2 j.2C. It's what I always do and every other combo video/tutorial I've watched just goes straight to the j.C. Glad to know it's not like I'm doing something wrong lol.

I already know how to do the level 2 j.2C combos, but it's nice to see a video where j.B is added before j.C > level 2 j.2C. It's what I always do and every other combo video/tutorial I've watched just goes straight to the j.C. Glad to know it's not like I'm doing something wrong lol.

I believe the j.B is usually omitted for proration and the occasional height issue. There's nothing really wrong with using it in your combos, haha. That said, it's best to be able to execute the level 2 j.2C off of a single j.C as well, just so that you'll be prepared in those cases where j.B > j.C might cause problems.

Actually most of the time j.B j.C works better (unless the opponent is too high) since it gives you time to confirm properly, plus j.C whiffs on Hazama, Litchi, Hakumen etc. It also does more or less the same damage in a BnB. However if you're in the corner you should go straight to j.C for optimal combos (5C(w)C follow-up). Obviously these are pretty hard to land on the aforementioned characters though lol.

Yeah, I use j.B with tiny people i.e. Noel, Hazama etc. and skip it for big people. I do agree that it's useful to know how to do it without j.B because there's other opportunities where you can pick up a combo where you can't if you use j.B... for example, if you like poke someone off the floor with 2A > 5B, you can usually turn it into a j.2C combo if you go straight into j.C

Against that whore Litchi you even have to do j.b > j.a > j.c before the level2 if you catch her really low... Otherwise the j.c whiffs. A lesson I learned the hard way in tournament -_-

I actually bothered to play CSE instead of CS2 earlier today. Only had around 5 minutes or so screwing around. Not fully tested but I tried something like the following. Was in the corner btw.

Edited:

Decided to do:

5B > 5CC > 236B > (Dash) > 4B > 5B > jc > J.C > jc > J.C > 214C > (Land) BBL > 214A > 5CC > 236A > 3C > 214C > 3C > Pumpkin Oki

I'll edit when I get round to messing around with it more in training mode but it seemed fun at the time. I was getting over 3-4K iirc. I'll look into it some more and write stuff.

43 Heat Gain, 4400 odd Damage, 0 Wind.

I dunno. Just seeing 4B used a lot more in CP Videos makes me want to use 4B more now in Extend xD

its good to use in combos in cse, very good in fact, it's just the combo routes after are really harsh on wind or needs bbl. and just tap yourself on the head if you drop the combo, it leaves you in one of the worst positions for rachel for the reward it gives. thats why you only see it in frog combos pretty much

l dont even think 5cc dash 4b 5b jc2d dj2c(lv2) 2a(w) 2d 5cc 214a 3c (frog hits)... works, the foe is at the lowest position possible after the 5cc so you'd thing it would work but... (this combo works without the 4b)

Fair enough, I found it a bit awkward to pull off after trying to do it again yesterday but did it in the end xD I can see why the combo being dropped can lead to problems. I guess I'll just reserve it for screwing around then.

Edit:

Edited what I did anyway, as I've gone and wrote it all down on paper and I think it'll be more clearer than the mess I typed yesterday. (I still think I'm not writing combos properly)

if you can, it's always best to go straight to 3c BBL. in the corner, it gets full hits on the cast and you can do sj.2c FC afterward for big damage 5k+

even midscreen, if 3c BBL doesn't hit the character for full hits (i.e. makoto/litchi/hazama etc), if I have the wind to do something like 5b 5c 3c 7d BBL i'll do it just because you can do 214a 3[c] then a full lvl2 j.2c combo for 5k