Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osirun

PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season

lee, you just pick the game you want to play. otherwise, that would be really stupid, and we all know it's not going to be really stupid. question: is it not spelled out clearly enough? do you think people are being confused/turned off by the wording and and deciding not to come? could it use some clarification in any way?

@Matt: Yeah the 16 weeks problem just dawned on me XD

I think originally we were meant to reveal 2 players per weekend, but lack of confirmations has slowed that down. We'll catch up, though : )

@Lee: Each King of Anime game has its own separate tournament that you can enter. King of Anime is just a blanket term to let people know the side tournaments will be serious and will happen as long as 8 people show up for each. Less than that is grounds for round robin, but that will have to be determined on site.

What entry fee would the DL community like to see for GGAC and BBCSEX? $5, $10? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

What entry fee would the DL community like to see for GGAC and BBCSEX? $5, $10? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

10 at LEAST. For GG anyway, I'm sure BB folks feel the same way.

Ladies and gentlemen, PowerUp 2012 is right around the corner. If you plan on attending please hop on the PU2012 group rate at the Hampton Inn as soon as possible, because in only 3 weeks the group rate will no longer be available! The rate will expire on March 21st, so please don't get stuck without a good rate on your hotel room for the weekend.

Ah, I'm actually not sure on getting the group rate. I live about two hours away, so I could just drive but I'd probably have to head out early in the night/morning. Anyone looking to book an anime room or something for Guilty/Blaz/Melty? I'd be fine with splitting costs.

I am really hype about this but I have a few issues:

1) Work. (This can be worked out since it's so far ahead of time, not too much to worry about)

2) Ride. I can get down to Cincinatti via Greyhound but I don't have a ride from and to the station that weekend since I don't have a car

I should have an answer by next weekend about my working status so if things do work out, there is still time to reserve the room.

If issue one is taken care of and if someone is willing to pick me up/drop off from the Greyhound station that weekend (as risky as that is since no one knows me, BTW, I'll pay gas money I'm not an ass, lol), I'll gladly go in on a room especially if it's got GG/BB/MB in there because I really want to go to this event.

Where's the greyhound station in relation to the venue? Shouldn't be hard to figure something out.

The station is 17 miles away, about 30 driving minutes from the venue.

I'm glad to see so much activity here in the thread! Things almost never seem to stop getting better for PowerUp 2012, as we will now be shifting the event to the vacant store next door to Arcade Legacy within the Cincinnati Mall.

What does this mean? Well for one we're going to have a huge amount of additional space, and now Arcade Legacy will be fully open to all PU2012 tournament players and spectators for the entire weekend! As long as you show the Arcade Legacy staff your PU2012 Lanyard, both tournament players and spectators will be able to have fun in Arcade Legacy for free the entire weekend, Friday - Sunday! For free I say! I'm sure you all could set up some casuals for GGAC and any other games you want; just bring those extra systems.

By the way, check out our official trailer! Big thanks to Kameron Davis for his hard work on it.

That's pretty awesome! More space and less crowding is always awesome.

Update on a few things for everyone, all of our King of Anime games have been switched up a bit to better mesh with the rest of the schedule. The biggest change is, Guilty Gear and Melty Blood are on Saturday, BlazBlue and Arcana Heart 3 are on Sunday. If this change presents any major problems for anyone, please contact me ASAP so that I can address all concerns and lock in a schedule that gets the most people out.

The second thing is I've added two special events. The first being a Project Justice tournament that'll be ran on Arcade Legacy's own cab. (Dreamcast setup with PS2 converters will be available for those who play pad or cannot cope with american parts.) The second is the running set of after hours casuals all weekend in the King Of Anime staff room at the Hampton Inn. Lots of matches will be recorded and hopefully live streamed from the hotel.

On that last note, I am putting out a request for individuals with knowledge of our line up of games who would be willing to commentate on finals matches we record for all the games. If you feel you fit the bill, please contact me.

More to come soon as April is just around the corner!

Ok I'll be there for BB and Melty, I must know though can I enter a king of anime event with a spectator pass or will I need a normal tournament pass?

Edit- I just saw the post answered on SRK and apparently it alright to just have a spectator pass. So unless that's wrong just disregard this post xD

Ok I'll be there for BB and Melty, I must know though can I enter a king of anime event with a spectator pass or will I need a normal tournament pass?

Edit- I just saw the post answered on SRK and apparently it alright to just have a spectator pass. So unless that's wrong just disregard this post xD

Yes that's correct, a spectator pass is fine as long as your playing only anime games. All other games for the EVO season and stuff must be prereg'd for online at powerupfighters.com and will require a venue pass.

Sorry man I tried to get that reply on SRK but I was having problems logging in.

Only 5 days left until the PowerUp 2012 group rate at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Northwest expires! Hop on those room reservations asap by learning the details at this link.

Also, PU2012 is less than 28 days away! Online registration with the discounted $30 Venue Fee will expire midnight April 9th. Don't get caught paying $40 Venue Fee at the door and lose seeding privileges; register online now!

If you pay at the door for your Venue Fee and Game Entries then you will be placed into the first available spot in the pools. We will try to accommodate for region and skill, but if you don't register online you leave us in a bind time-wise, and we will be forced to place you more haphazardly into the bracket so that we can get the event started on time. Do not wait; register online now!

ALSO!

We have added Skullgirls as an official tournament at PU2012! (So this means you would need a Venue Pass to play in SG)

You can register for SG now at the PowerUp Store, and if you have already registered don't worry. You can pay for entry into the SG tournament without having to pay additional Venue Fee, or we can upgrade an existing Spectator Pass. Just remember to use the same Name/Handle for brackets!

I would be willing to grab you if you are playing GG.

Well, since I have found a way to get work off for that weekend, I'll gladly get bodied for free and play GG if that means you'll pick me up from the Greyhound.