Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki vs Jin

His DP > ours, meaning he can use it on our wakeup if we opt to dp out. Hard times.

6B > dash 5B will catch us if we attempt to backdash after 6B. His 6B is +3 on block, so don't try to outpoke him.

If he uses 6C on block, you will need to IB it and punish with 5A > combo in order to punish it properly. If you don't, he could use a DP to get you if you're fierce, but then once you get competent with blocking, he will start trying to throw you. I know IB'ing isn't particularly easy, but you will need to try your best to in order to avoid getting caught in this stupid mixup factor. (First Ragna HF now this?)

Remember that 6CC > 214D doesn't work on Jin because of his small hitbox, so opt for 6C > 214D instead.

Don't play air to air with Jin, he beats us easily.

If he opts for the unblockable with 623D, remember you can jump the 2nd hit and punish with j.C CH > combo.

214A isn't safe on block. Punish that with 5A > combo please.

His 2D can catch our backdash. A typical situation would be when we opt to charge from far and he's running towards us. If you backdash to get more space he can use 2D, though if it whiffs, go in with 236C/D.

Be aware of Jin's gimmicks:

-After he's frozen you in the air with j.D, he can opt to go for a 5B which will catch you in the air if you're not barrier blocking. This is mainly used midscreen. Of course, he could also try to throw you and it will not be a purple grab. His j.D does not keep you stunned for that long. In the corner, he could mix it up more with overheads or lows. In fact, mixing it up with lows is easy with Jin because getting frozen forces standing when we touch the ground.

-Jin can get a green grab after a 2B (It looks hilarious)

-Jin's 6A is throw cancellable

-Jin can run to you and then go for a 6B. This usually catches players who think that by him running, he'll opt for a grab. His 6B has foot invulnerabilty and he'll be in the air so you can't grab him. He'll score a CH which can go into 6C > 2D > combo. However, you can AA the 6B if you're quick enough, but you can also 5A him out of it.

6B > dash 5B will catch us if we attempt to backdash after 6B. His 6B is +3 on block, so don't try to outpoke him.

There are no good options after 6B except "watch for grabs"; It's possible to jab him out of 6B, but it's kinda tight.

If he uses 6C on block, you will need to IB it and punish with 5A > combo in order to punish it properly. If you don't, he could use a DP to get you if you're fierce, but then once you get competent with blocking, he will start trying to throw you. I know IB'ing isn't particularly easy, but you will need to try your best to in order to avoid getting caught in this stupid mixup factor. (First Ragna HF now this?)

But since Jin's DP is so slow, you can actually throw out a 2A after blocking it and recover before his C DP will hit you. (Use 2A because otherwise he can hit you with a B DP) Basically what happens is your jab whiffs on the invulnerable frames of the DP, but since his DP doesn't land until the 20th frame, your jab will recover before the DP actually hits you and you can block. Jin can beat this by using the D DP, or sometimes by doing an A Ice Car instead of a DP, which will CH your jab due to weird hitboxes. But you do have the option if they don't have heat and really like to do 6C > C DP. (This doesn't work for Ragna because Inferno Divider is TONS faster than Rehhyou.

If he opts for the unblockable with 623D, remember you can jump the 2nd hit and punish with j.C CH > combo.

You can also beat this with a reaction 214D, but considering the relative reward, you're probably better off just jumping and saving the charge.

I guess the ol' "pretend to crossup and then use j.236D to 'uncrossup'" gimmick is too common to bother mentioning? I think the greatest problem I run into with Jin is that he's hard to AA due to his options for changing his jump trajectory.

But since Jin's DP is so slow, you can actually throw out a 2A after blocking it and recover before his C DP will hit you. (Use 2A because otherwise he can hit you with a B DP) Basically what happens is your jab whiffs on the invulnerable frames of the DP, but since his DP doesn't land until the 20th frame, your jab will recover before the DP actually hits you and you can block.

Oh yea I forgot about this. I remember someone mentioning this way back too.

You can also beat this with a reaction 214D, but considering the relative reward, you're probably better off just jumping and saving the charge.

In addition, j.C > 5CC > DP whiff combo also goes into more damage than a 214D starter using one stock, regardless if it's in the corner or midscreen.

I guess the ol' "pretend to crossup and then use j.236D to 'uncrossup'" gimmick is too common to bother mentioning?

Oh yea that BS. It's still worth mentioning just to alert players that he can still do it. Thanks for the reminder.

Tonight was brought to us by "lots of people playing Jin";

Our super secret stupid tip for the day is that you can get out of a LOT of his stupid BS corner reset nonsense by air teching FORWARD instead of back/neutral, which just causes you to drop back down into WTFever he decides to try to hit you with. Seems like this is one of the #1 l33t Jin strats online. :P

If you notice Jin getting into a habit of doing low to the ground j.C's, then you can make him eat a FC 3C.

Then he'll probably stop but you don't have to deal with that anymore.