Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki vs Carl

I played a fair number of matches again Isuyura(I think that's his name?) Carl and I learned a few things worth noting before forgetting about it.

Carl has a very quick anti air that can catch you coming down almost on reaction it feels like and his jumping attacks are very quick and confirm into nee-san sandwich.

I would recommend approaching this fight from the ground but it's not easy when the Carl player approaches with nee-san in front of him to take hits for him.

236D goes through nee-san but after hitstop of hitting his sis will leave you open where they can just hit you with whatever briefly so it might actually be better to go 236C > 214D through whatever he's got going since there aren't too many low moves in nee-san's arsenal that they can just throw out there to stuff 214D.

Getting out of carl-neesan sandwich pressure is quite the headache as well but I've found IB into DP or late tech rolling depending on the setup to work.

There are many times where carl will want to reset pressure or quickly do a cross over move and you can stuff it with 2C only if it's not a cross over. If you try to stuff a cross over, the 2C will not auto correct and you'll be left open.

You can also quickly anticipate the cross over and IB > jumping throw. If they don't break the throw, great- if they do, you're out of the sandwich so it's not a bad way to do it.

Carl doesn't have a good reversal though so once you get him into the corner, try to finish him off and remember that little twirl move that he has doesn't have foot invincibility so stuff wake up twirl with 2A/2B etc.

The biggest problem with this match up I feel is that exceptional Carls are so rare that it's hard to get precious match up experience so I feel glad to have played Isu. I'll play him some more in the future and come back here to post the findings.