Sign in to follow this  
RisingStars

[AC] May Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

I have some real begginner May Questions to ask. Due to my lack of match vids w/ May (if anyone could provide me w/ some it would be great), what do you guys normally poke with for May? Or do most players find a opening or just dolphin across to poke?

I have some real begginner May Questions to ask. Due to my lack of match vids w/ May (if anyone could provide me w/ some it would be great), what do you guys normally poke with for May? Or do most players find a opening or just dolphin across to poke?

her best poke will probably be k just because of its low recovery, far slash is fine and all until they iad at you and rape you.

her best poke will probably be k just because of its low recovery, far slash is fine and all until they iad at you and rape you.

5H is also a great poke, don't count it out! Use it like you use Jam's 2S (as stuffing something early~) Dolphin across and upper are absolute shit for pokes. I think all characters save for Testament can 6P them. If you're just learning GG, I'd get the basics down with a better character and come back to May and still see if you want to play her.

5H is also a great poke, don't count it out! Use it like you use Jam's 2S (as stuffing something early~) Dolphin across and upper are absolute shit for pokes. I think all characters save for Testament can 6P them. If you're just learning GG, I'd get the basics down with a better character and come back to May and still see if you want to play her.

When I started with May, my main poke was 6P... pulsr might remember that period of my May career... Nowadays I use S(f) or 2S, sometimes gatlinged into a (whiff) 5H for recovery purposes. Spamming 2P seems to work wonders against Slayer. I tend to use 5K for offenses/meaty, so if I do use it as a poke, I don't pay attention to my use of it as a poke... I mean, 5K (now) seems great for poking, but I never saw it that way before.

When I started with May, my main poke was 6P... pulsr might remember that period of my May career... Nowadays I use S(f) or 2S, sometimes gatlinged into a (whiff) 5H for recovery purposes. Spamming 2P seems to work wonders against Slayer. I tend to use 5K for offenses/meaty, so if I do use it as a poke, I don't pay attention to my use of it as a poke... I mean, 5K (now) seems great for poking, but I never saw it that way before.

For example, Anji's cower in fear against the 2HS. I think Zappa might have a hard time with it to. It seems to work okayish on Jam, who else?

Baiken, some Slayers (2H hits backwards too!). All I can think of for now.

For example, Anji's cower in fear against the 2HS. I think Zappa might have a hard time with it to. It seems to work okayish on Jam, who else?

Baiken, some Slayers (2H hits backwards too!). All I can think of for now.

it works well on johnny, but then again 2hs is basically a move where you are fishing for a counter hit you can land, a bit more reliable then 6p spamming

it works well on johnny, but then again 2hs is basically a move where you are fishing for a counter hit you can land, a bit more reliable then 6p spamming

Sign in to follow this