Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager vs Arakune: Insects never die

Guys Arakune can buffer bugs during blockstun and release them during gaps.

He can also IB to make gaps so he can use bugs.

He can IB barrier which pushes Tager out of his best range and lets Arakune use bugs.

Please do not forget that if you are gonna do anything to Arakune then you should be hitting him not forcing him to block!

Blocking Arakune is just as bad as letting him freely run his mix up.

You mess up once or give him a opening and you lose all of your health.

By far, the easiest matchup for me on Tager.

I see a kune and go "haha, my little bitch."

I have no clue what there is to complain about against Arakune. I have a much harder time fighting Arakune on Hazama or Haku-men. It's not like I can beat him braindead, but I don't have to worry about anything specific when fighting Arakune on Tager, like people seem to suggest. I just have to worry about all the things I'd have to worry about if I was fighting Arakune on any other character.

I mean, yeah, back in CT Arakune was a bitch on Tager but times have changed. (you can tell that comment on the thread title was written during CT because it says v-13 lol)

Arakune touches you and does jump cancel j.B. What do you do? CA does not work.

Someone needs to make this a choose your own adventure series.

> YOU ARE TAGER

> UNWINNABLE SITUATION

> YOUR MOVE

I need a good Arakune to fight then, perhaps I have an innate attribute that makes Arakune's stuff suck against my Tager or something.

I dunno how to explain, I just play the game and win.

I have a much harder time against Arakune on Hazama (fucking 2C)

I need a good Arakune to fight then, perhaps I have an innate attribute that makes Arakune's stuff suck against my Tager or something.

I dunno how to explain, I just play the game and win.

I have a much harder time against Arakune on Hazama (fucking 2C)

What's Ara's 2C? Don't you mean 5C? Sadly, I don't know many good Arakunes. Actually, I don't many Aras at all. All I can recommend is Mr. Biscuits but idk if he still plays.

What's Ara's 2C? Don't you mean 5C? Sadly, I don't know many good Arakunes. Actually, I don't many Aras at all. All I can recommend is Mr. Biscuits but idk if he still plays.

2C is his running low, it goes under Ouroboros. And yes 5C is the other move I hate in that matchup.

2C is suicide against Tager though, as Tager's 5B can cleanly counter it on reaction.

I'll keep a lookout for this Mr. Biscuits. I'll have PSN available to me soon (hopefully) so we'll see if I can find some on PSN.

2C is his running low, it goes under Ouroboros. And yes 5C is the other move I hate in that matchup.

2C is suicide against Tager though, as Tager's 5B can cleanly counter it on reaction.

I'll keep a lookout for this Mr. Biscuits. I'll have PSN available to me soon (hopefully) so we'll see if I can find some on PSN.

The only time I can imagine Ara using 2C vs Tager is when Tager does VTC or baiting out a sledge for a FC. Also, how do you react to 2C?

Also, how do you react to 2C?

With 5B, like I said? It's not exactly the fastest move in the world. At close/point blank range I'd just block it low like any other low, you only have to block one "hit" of it so you can easily do whatever you want to Arakune afterwards. During Curse I would recommend going straight into 360A, 720C, or Sledge for the sake of avoiding bugs. Outside of Curse you should go for a Fatal 2C after you block Arakune's 2C.

When cursed, no Ara is going to use 2C until they know you're forced to block bugs to make 2C completely safe. No offense but, I'm not really convinced when you say these Aras you fight know what they're doing if they're throwing out 2C without making safe even when they got Tager cursed.

When cursed, no Ara is going to use 2C until they know you're forced to block bugs to make 2C completely safe. No offense but, I'm not really convinced when you say these Aras you fight know what they're doing if they're throwing out 2C without making safe even when they got Tager cursed.

I never even said any of them used 2C, none of them did. In fact I actually said

Why are you under the impression I am blocking Arakune's 2C all day and getting free combos or something. Even against other characters Arakune's 2C is terrible. If Arakune wants to hit you low, he's going to use his 2A. Even when he has Curse Arakune simply has no reason to use this move. He's just gonna throw bugs out and 66 towards you because you can't stop him.

alright let's do this.

ok so after double checking, arakune 2C (the shark) startup frames are 13. that means that if he does it point blank it is unreactable to a human being by ''pure'' reaction. so a random 2C will be unreactable if you were not prepared to block low at the beginning.

Tager 5B is 10 frame startup. meaning that you would have to react to the shark start up and press the 5B button in less than 3 frames. i dont think any human being can do that.

but thats only at point blank range. if an arakune does a fullscreen shark without some help from the bugs, he is donig something wrong and i will 360A him before he touches me.

during curse though, an arakune that plays the match up will not enter your bustering range unless you are blocking a bug already so going into 360/720 as soon as he gets in range shouldn't be possible in the first place.

sledge is kinda so-so since it can be easily baited and countered for 8k on curse, which is not very cool.

lastly i don't think arakune should press the 2C button and do nothing afterwards, unless he doesn't want to win. they will usually RC it, be protected by bugs, punishing something to go into CH or it's already in a combo.

but that's what i gathered after playing arakunes, with souji as the last arakune i played, and the only time i got him was because he dropped his RC on a 2C so i bustered him for it. that s the only place i touched him convincingly and he that's because he dropped an input...

Why are we talking about 2C, I only mentioned it in passing reference to how much I hate it on Hazama. 2C is not the problem in this matchup!

The only time I ever see Arakune even attempting it against Tager is if he thinks he can punish your VTC or something (Arakune's 2C is a FC so he might think it's worth a shot).

i was only referring to this post though, (on how to react to a 2C)

With 5B, like I said? It's not exactly the fastest move in the world. At close/point blank range I'd just block it low like any other low, you only have to block one "hit" of it so you can easily do whatever you want to Arakune afterwards. During Curse I would recommend going straight into 360A, 720C, or Sledge for the sake of avoiding bugs. Outside of Curse you should go for a Fatal 2C after you block Arakune's 2C.

which i felt terribly uneasy with since i honestly think in my little experience against arakune that this is not a good way to deal with him.

which i felt terribly uneasy with since i honestly think in my little experience against arakune that this is not a good way to deal with him.

Well the thing that's nice about countering it with 5B is that he doesn't hit you, which means he can't use RC to save himself. In most situations you can easily just block this move and punish him afterwards. Yes it's a fast low at close range, but in general the way you block in this game is holding low block and reacting with high block when necessary anyway. As I've said before though, I see no reason for Arakune to use this against Tager in normal situations.

Couldn't you use 2B instead to beat it, if Arakune gonna use it that close.

guymam had to link me to this page it's so bad. didn't know that the tager forums had their own star demon

ps if the matchup is so bad, he should body me for free right?

ps if the matchup is so bad, he should body me for free right?

yeah man you are so fucked, you'll never be able to 2C him