Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

It's really not a bad neighborhood at all - all your paranoia about that seems a little odd to me.

There's a parking lot right behind the venue.

Sorry; it's just I'm not the familiar with the area and the people I know in real life keep comparing it to places like Riviera Beach.  (It's a place in South Florida.  It is not nice.)

No worries;  I mean, it's not like it's some super shiny yuppie-filled suburban quiet zone, but it's not a bad neighborhood.  Sounds like the folks you know in RL aren't really familiar with the area either, is all.

Just remember to use East End Grille rather than 108 Broadway, if possible (when using Google Maps).

And Airk, you coming tonight? Because, there's this cable that's been crying for you these last couple of weeks and it's been grating on mah ears.

108 Broadway should be okay as long as you specify SOMERVILLE. Otherwise, who knows where you'll end up.

And yeah;  I'm done getting bodied by food poisoning, so I'm looking to get some games in.  Should be there no later than 7.

Nosirree. 108 Broadway, Somerville sent me to a residental district of Arlington.

Arlington.

It also sent Brawl and others there too ;) - regardless, I'll be there a little past 7 as I usually am.

'ello, just a friendly reminder that there is a BB/GG tournament hosted by New Challengers in Stratford, CT this coming Saturday (6/7)! It's going to be big...I mean literally, we're hosting in a hotel and conference center. There will also be live streaming, raffles, and...other things!

Link!

That's pretty awesome, but I am stuck going to a baby shower. I feel old.

'ello, just a friendly reminder that there is a BB/GG tournament hosted by New Challengers in Stratford, CT this coming Saturday (6/7)! It's going to be big...I mean literally, we're hosting in a hotel and conference center. There will also be live streaming, raffles, and...other things!

Link!

And I got work!  Oh well, that's pretty far anyways.

I'm thinking of bringing a setup to GameOver today.  Last time there were only like 4 people playing BB though.  Should I bother anyways?  I can always play Marvel or SF4.

Dunno, it's up to you. I suspect that if we had another setup, we might have more people playing, but who knows.

Also, I may be a little late (no later than maybe 7:30, I wouldn't think) as I have some errands to take care of first.

This week?

This week as in: "Oh God, Noel," or this week as in "who's showing up?"

I haven't decided if I'm going yet or not.  The weather is poor.  But if I do, It'll be around 7 or so.

Well, I swung by, and it was insane; All the smash people were smooshed up around the area we use for FGs to watch the stream of Smash stuff from E3.  I didn't stay, it wasn't encouraging.

Well, I swung by, and it was insane; All the smash people were smooshed up around the area we use for FGs to watch the stream of Smash stuff from E3.  I didn't stay, it wasn't encouraging.

Sound like it would have been fun to watch.  But at the same time- I want my Arc System Works Games.  Is there a more populous scene in MA that isn't on the weekends?

It was kindof entertaining, but c'mon, if I wanted to watch a stream of E3, I'd be doing it from the comfort of home.  I'm trying to play people at games to get better at playing people at games. That's why I'm bothering to leave the house.

/cranky

I think they were supporting one of their friends, who actually was in the tourney.

Oh well. And is anyone is going to GU tonight?

Negatory;  Guest from out of town.

I didn't get a feeling that they were rooting for anyone in particular in the bits I watched, but maybe the local hero just wasn't on at that point.

Meh.

I was too busy to watch the stream anyway. Been trying to get comfortable playing on my stick ;P

ugh what time does it start tonight and can people 18 join. i can bring my own fight stick if i can go, but it is PS3 ONLY. i also can't bring my ps3 as well, but i maybe can bring some games like blazblue and persona 4 arena