Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] Iron Tager Frame Data

wait wait

Under the notes for 5D, it says "28F blockstun" and the active+recovery frames add up to 27F. Shouldn't the frame advantage then be +1, and not -4?

It's the first mook, and it's riddled with errors.

For example, it says GF goes active 1F after releasing the button, when in fact it's active the entire time you hold it. (Meaning it autograbs). and that holding 360B extends the startup to 10F rather than the active time.

Well even though it says it took 3 Recovery Frames and made them Active Frames, the overall total of Frames are still the same meaning its still +2 at worst. You have 28 Frames of blockstun that is applied on the FIRST Active Frame that makes contact, the rest of them are then just extra Recovery Frames. So 5D has 50 Total Frames so it breaks down like this:

You hit D and then 23 Frames later, the first Active Frame(Frame 24) connects. Frame 24 will now start the 28 Frames of Blockstun while the other 6 Active Frames are turned into Recovery Frames leaving you with 26 Recovery Frames. So you get 28 Frames of Blockstun - 26 Recovery Frames and you're left at +2 :3 Now knowing that 5D has 7 Active Frames is a BIG deal. Means the move can be up to +8 if it hits on the last Frame and because of Magnetism, we'll be hitting meaty 5D all the time. This is one of the big reasons Tager can feel really sticky now compared to old versions, his large window of Active Frames on 5D means you have a lot more Frames to connect while they're being pulled to you and then they're right back where you want them, and now at huge advantage.

I'm also curious if the fact that Hammer doesn't have Repeat Proration is an error or not. Cause if it isn't, that could make FCs a bit more potent in the corner with the ability to do 6C>BSledge>Hammer and then probably link that into 5C>ASledge>Hammer. I would test it but I don't have the game:v:

TL:DR, 5D is still +2. I've confirmed this through playing matches multiple times.

another note, i dont know how tager's gatlings have changed, so please update the table at the bottom when you get teh chance with the correct values.

I'm also curious if the fact that Hammer doesn't have Repeat Proration is an error or not. Cause if it isn't, that could make FCs a bit more potent in the corner with the ability to do 6C>BSledge>Hammer and then probably link that into 5C>ASledge>Hammer. I would test it but I don't have the game:v:

hammer may not have repeat proration, but both versions of sledge do, so being able to use it only twice sounds about right to me

I guess I never realized Hammer has never had repeat proration. Strange...But not too surprising since in CS2, you had to go way out of your way to ever get 2 in a combo. Really good to note though.

Also because I'm really picky about changes to frame data and stuff, I'm gonna go through everything and note changes to his (dis)advantage, hitstun, blockstun, shifts in startup/active/recovery frames so if people want it, I could post that up when I'm done