Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

I think these are some great ideas to implement for new players especially the leveling station. That way players will learn and have fun with no pressure, and since it's with someone of their own skill level there won't be as much salt.

I think that the more reason the better. If people (who wouldn't normally care) are encouraged to get better, our scene will get stronger and even more competitive in outside tourneys.

You should not encourage people to not get top 3. Getting not top 3 should be incentive enough to get better. Not free food.

I hear where you're coming from, but this is not a means to keep them from going for top 3. Its a way to get people who usually aren't involved in getting better to strive for it. The whole thing is to get better and take the top guys out. Maybe I worded it wrong but the wings are more of a reward for doing better over the course of the month. This is to go to the new guy who does the best that month, not 4th place winner. For example:

If Marisa shows up one week and ranks last and Agito happens to get 4th place that week Agito gets wings because he hasn't gotten 4th place before (signs of improvement) but, the following week, Agito still gets 4th place and Marisa get's 5th this week, Agito has done well in the tournament but Marisa's growth exceeds Agito's si Marisa gets wings that week.

I'm not doing this as a pity award, the wings goes to the most improved player of that month. Thats what I meant, sorry for not clarifying that, my bad.

I used my phone for forums? Wut?

I don't think we should have to acknowledge people doing better, everyone here has common sense and can figure it out sooner or later that X person is getting better. If they truly want to get better, they'll put in a little more time next time playing and learning and practicing spacing over combos.

Wings won't make someone better, just give them a sense of achievement that seems rather lackluster and or useless. I'd actually rather the people who lost asked people why they lost, or what they did wrong. Narrow it down so they can figure it out and figure out how to work on fixing their problems.

For the record, my idea was to reward a free item from the GP menu to the highest placing GP newcomer at every monthly.

Everyone we've seen even once at GP to this point wouldn't be eligible for such prize. The idea wasn't to motivate people to get better, but rather to motivate those to even take the first step and play offline.

Everyone who has been to Game Pazzo has already shown their drive to improve.

I think having an offline community in general is rewarding enough. Think of the people that live far away and typically do not have those options. Although, free wings wouldn't necessarily hurt anything. Free food is always a good thing. I wouldn't turn it down lol.

Well, it was an idea for something different, obviously wings won't make someone better, that's just dumb. I wanted to come up with something different and thought it was a good idea. I'll just scratch it off the list since people are against it. What are your thoughts on the other suggestions?

I used my phone for forums? Wut?

I don't think material rewards are necessarily a bad thing. Positive reinforcement is always good. Constructive criticism is always good too. Trophies seems like it would get a bit pricey. I really don't know what you guys have available so I can't really offer any ideas.

Although, I am disappointed to learn wings don't make you better....

Well i think any reward for improving is good it shows that your being acknowledged for what you have done and that is what people need it gives them that push to want to get better to keep being acknowledged.

The training station is a great idea i second that motion .

And chicken wings are the gateway to happiness

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

EXP's next tournament will feature BB CSE, UMVC3, & SSF4 AE

1/24/13 @ 10pm

6441 W. North Ave Suite 102

Oak Park, IL 60302

I think a dedicated setup for training sessions could be good, where unexperienced players could spar in training mode with more knowledgeable players. If we want to grow the anime gaming community, we'll need new players and this might be a good way to get them to start seeing why persona (or BB) is fun to learn and play.

yea the training mode idea seems like a good start to get peoples attention.

gotta get better at BB that tourney at exp is tempting...

make them play against me, if they can beat me on a 50/50 basis or consistently then they can feel good about probably making top 8.

make them play against me, if they can beat me on a 50/50 basis or consistently then they can feel good about probably making top 8.

LOL

So, who's going to GamePazzo tonight?

I'm back~

All this preparation for college is almost over, gonna have loads of free time for the next 3 weeks or so.

I've missed all you guys </3

EDIT:

Please, add me on PSN if you don't have me added already.

Welcome back man, glad to hear good news on your return bro.

I've updated the 1st post with a ton of information in it since you've been busy with other things, if you read upon it, you'll be all caught up with what's going on.

Welcome back man, glad to hear good news on your return bro.

I've updated the 1st post with a ton of information in it since you've been busy with other things, if you read upon it, you'll be all caught up with what's going on.

Thanks for that heads up.

I'll be checking out Game Pazzo this friday, I've actually never heard of this place, so it should be interesting.

Thanks for that heads up.

I'll be checking out Game Pazzo this friday, I've actually never heard of this place, so it should be interesting.

Best venue; a ton of people enjoy the place and I'm sure you will too. Also, if you show up this Friday, could you bring my copy of GG:AC+ with you?

lol he still has your copy of GG!? I remember you wanted that back almost a year ago XD.

@Lucien life is pretty good, you?